Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2018, 12:40 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
It's been redacted to reflect intelligence agencies concerns. It will be a pile of nothing.
Bull!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 12:40 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Well that's not really an analogous situation. The hypothetical scenario I described with Schiff -- that's exactly analagous to what we have with Nunes.

The dossier was a compilation of raw intelligence -- the FBI found it enough of a basis for an investigation. It wasn't a "memo" prepared by political staffers.
No it was prepared as opposition research for the opposing party. Maybe started as opposition research to take down a candidate in the same party. It was political in nature.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Useless in the sense that it has no integrity.

It's been confirmed it isn't factual.

It is meant to rile up the conservative base and distract. Of course the Democrats don't want it.

We the American people should be demanding that if there is factual evidence to prove that the Justice Department acted illegally , then the proper legal procedure should be followed. . This memo has no legal merit in that it is an opinon piece that cherry picks information to present a one sided picture. That's not an investigation -- that's an editorial.

If the facts are there there is a case. If there is no case -- -why put on this show.\
Who confirmed it was not factual? The people who are being accused of doing wrong? Let’s face it, there probably is some truth to it.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:42 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Did Trump write the memo? Does some fbi have reason to hide truth? We will find out
We don't know Trump's input on the memo since when Nunes was asked if the WH collaborated on it, he refused to answer.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:43 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I hear that. Something better come of this or I'll see to it myself.
And who are you? LOL>

Old 02-01-2018, 12:43 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
No it was prepared as opposition research for the opposing party. Maybe started as opposition research to take down a candidate in the same party. It was political in nature.
And it was still raw (i.e., unverified) intelligence, prepared by a former MI-6 officer. It probably shouldn't have gotten out to the public, but it's been partially corroborated. It's not the same as saying "hey aides, go prepare me a memo that cherry picks information so that it says x"

Old 02-01-2018, 12:45 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
It's a useless piece of paper.

If there is anything worth investigating, this whole circus has ruined the integrity of it.

It's a show -- enjoy if that's your thing.
If that was the case, Pelosi and so many Dems wouldn't be jumping completely through their a-holes trying to not let it get out to the general public.

That's not the case at all. They are completely livid and since nothing they can do will prevent it from being released, they're last ditch effort is to try and throw in controversy. Pelosi and her management are throwing out all kinds of bs, afterall, they know their followers well. Whatever they spew their followers will scoop it up and run with it.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:45 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Who confirmed it was not factual? The people who are being accused of doing wrong? Let’s face it, there probably is some truth to it.
I have more faith in Trump's ability to pick staff I guess. Wray is Trump's pick for the FBI and I believe him to be a credible source.

If you are saying that Wray is not credible then that's something else they need to figure out.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
And it was still raw (i.e., unverified) intelligence, prepared by a former MI-6 officer. It probably shouldn't have gotten out to the public, but it's been partially corroborated. It's not the same as saying "hey aides, go prepare me a memo that cherry picks information so that it says x"
What has been verified? That Page went to Russia? What else?
Listen, if a FISA Warrent was issued solely based on political opposition research than that is wrong.
Let’s all wait and see what’s in the memo.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
I have more faith in Trump's ability to pick staff I guess. Wray is Trump's pick for the FBI and I believe him to be a credible source.

If you are saying that Wray is not credible then that's something else they need to figure out.
Please with the line you have faith in trumps ability lol
I have not heard Wray himself say it’s not credible. Just that the FBI has grave concerns and it may be misleading. Wrays job would of course be to defend his agency anyway.
I say release the FISA application so we can see if any further evidence was included to obtain the warrent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies