Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you wish Obama was still President?
Yes 237 41.65%
No 332 58.35%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 02:47 PM

1,704 posts, read 751,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
name me 1 policy that Trump signed that is racist....name 1.

this country has always been racially divided. Obama did a great job and divided it more.

So if Whites support Trump then they are white supremacists but when blacks supported Obama over 90% then that's normal?

So Obama is NOT racist for the people he befriends from Jeremiah Wright, Al Sharpton, Farrakhan, Leaders of the BLM movement which he invited to the White House? Black racists get a pass, right?
Racism is an integral part of American history. As a matter of fact, it's a part of our American heritage. It began with the Puritans sailing at Plymouth Rock aboard the Mayflower.

From the murderous genocidal annihilation of indigenous Americans to the enslavement of Africans, European Americans destroyed the lives of millions, all in the name of white supremacy.

Furthermore, the illegal declaration of war against Mexico, proved to demonstrate the relentless barbaric and violent nature of whites as they forged westward with the ignorant presumption of white superiority fueled by their barbaric greed and land-grabbing quest to fulfill their "Manifest Destiny".

Only people of color were exploited, enslaved, tortured, or killed.

So yes, I guess you could say that America has in some ways always been divided. However, we've all made much progress since those unfortunate times in our racist past and we've been making continual progress until recently.

My hope is that we will all continue to improve conditions for ALL Americans. It would be a good gesture to start our new future of progress with the American citizenship declaration of the DACA people..

I know President Obama would reach out to the DACA people as he was a consummate humanitarian. He was quite aware of racial injustice and the vestiges of racial disharmony that remain in our country today. He didn't give irresponsible law enforcement a free pass like others.

President Obama was no friend of Farrakhan and he only occasionally communicated with Mr. Al Sharpton when matters of Civil Rights violations emerged as a result of continued racist murders on the part of American law enforcement.

President Obama didn't choose a white side or a black side. He always consistently chose the side of justice!

Last edited by zeliner; 02-10-2018 at 03:02 PM..

Old 02-10-2018, 02:49 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,781,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Racism is an integral part of American history. As a matter of fact, it's a part of our American heritage. It began with the Puritans sailing at Plymouth Rock aboard the Mayflower.

From the murderous genocidal annihilation of indigenous Americans to the enslavement of Africans, European Americans destroyed the lives of millions, all in the name of white supremacy.

Furthermore, the illegal declaration of war against Mexico, proved to demonstrate the relentless barbaric and violent nature of whites as they forged westward with the ignorant presumption of white superiority fueled by their barbaric greed and land-grabbing quest to fulfill their "Manifest Destiny".

So yes, I guess you could say that America has in some ways always been divided. However, we've all made much progress since those unfortunate times in our racist past and we've been making continual progress until recently.

My hope is that we will all continue to improve conditions for ALL Americans. It would be a good gesture to start our new future of progress with the American citizenship declaration of the DACA people...
We get it, but how many times are you going to post this? Geez it feels like your preaching.

Old 02-10-2018, 02:50 PM

34,258 posts, read 18,631,541 times
Quote:
What policy has changed to stop our "continual progress"? Did the 1964 Civil Rights Act get repealed? Must have missed that.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
We get it, but how many times are you going to post this? Geez it feels like your preaching.
Unfortunately, some people are slower than others and repetition is warranted for greater comprehension.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What policy has changed to stop our "continual progress"? Did the 1964 Civil Rights Act get repealed? Must have missed that.
The Donald Trump Policy!

Old 02-10-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, some people are slower than others and repetition is warranted for greater comprehension.
You are preaching... give it a break. Preaching appears as trying to shove it up everyone's ass and no one likes that, they'll tune you out. I don't care if your white, black, yellow, you can't "force respect", gov't can't force it either. Don't expect special treatment or for others to bend over for you, to expect them to do so is disrespectful to others and naturally it will turn people off to you. And we all got our stuff to deal with. People will treat you with respect if you are respectful in life and how you treat others.

By the way, I'm a woman and we weren't treated too well either, there are still men that still don't treat women right. But you don't see me trying to shove it up people's asses.

Last edited by petch751; 02-10-2018 at 03:36 PM..

Old 02-10-2018, 03:59 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,285,244 times
Quote:

Furthermore, the illegal declaration of war against Mexico proved to demonstrate the relentless barbaric and violent nature of whites as they forged westward with the ignorant presumption of white superiority fueled by their barbaric greed and land-grabbing quest to fulfill their "Manifest Destiny".

My hope is that we will all continue to improve conditions for ALL Americans. It would be a good gesture to start our new future of progress with the American citizenship declaration of the DACA people..

I know President Obama would reach out to the DACA people as he was a consummate humanitarian. He was quite aware of racial injustice and the vestiges of racial disharmony that remain in our country today. He didn't give irresponsible law enforcement a free pass like others.

President Obama was no friend of Farrakhan and he only occasionally communicated with Mr. Al Sharpton when matters of Civil Rights violations emerged as a result of continued racist murders on the part of American law enforcement.

President Obama didn't choose a white side or a black side. He always consistently chose the side of justice!

Racism is part of the world heritage. Africans were killing each other for land, resources and power way before any European landed in America. Native Americans the same, so save me your white guilt and selective history to push your narrow-minded agenda and white bashing.

Mexico war illegal????? LOL. When have wars been legal by your standards? Before Mexico, those lands used to belong to Spain and before that, it used to belong to the thousands of native tribes that were killing each other for resources and power.

Keep believing the crap you wrote about Obama about consistently choosing the side of justice.....what a joke! He could have solved the DACA issue and passed immigration reform when he took office and he had a 60 vote Democrat Senate from 2009 to 2011 and the democrats controlled the house and he ignored all that. He only used the DACA issue for political votes like when he passed his ILLEGAL executive order on DACA 6 months before the 2012 Presidential election.

Old 02-10-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Keep believing the crap you wrote about Obama about consistently choosing the side of justice.....what a joke!
LOL, I missed that part. He lost me when I realized his post was just more preaching. Yes, his comment about Obama and justice is a joke.

Old 02-10-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You are preaching... give it a break. Preaching appears as trying to shove it up everyone's ass and no one likes that, they'll tune you out. I don't care if your white, black, yellow, you can't "force respect", gov't can't force it either. Don't expect special treatment or for others to bend over for you, to expect them to do so is disrespectful to others and naturally it will turn people off to you. And we all got our stuff to deal with. People will treat you with respect if you are respectful in life and how you treat others.

By the way, I'm a woman and we weren't treated too well either, there are still men that still don't treat women right. But you don't see me trying to shove it up people's asses.
If you're a woman, then it's about time you shoved it up some one's arse about equal pay and mutual respect in the workplace.

Otherwise, you'll continue to get exactly what you've been getting and will well deserve it, for not speaking up or shoving up an arse or two!

So now let's see whatcha got!

Old 02-10-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Racism is part of the world heritage. Africans were killing each other for land, resources and power way before any European landed in America. Native Americans the same, so save me your white guilt and selective history to push your narrow-minded agenda and white bashing.

Mexico war illegal????? LOL. When have wars been legal by your standards? Before Mexico, those lands used to belong to Spain and before that, it used to belong to the thousands of native tribes that were killing each other for resources and power.

Keep believing the crap you wrote about Obama about consistently choosing the side of justice.....what a joke! He could have solved the DACA issue and passed immigration reform when he took office and he had a 60 vote Democrat Senate from 2009 to 2011 and the democrats controlled the house and he ignored all that. He only used the DACA issue for political votes like when he passed his ILLEGAL executive order on DACA 6 months before the 2012 Presidential election.
Well yes and no...It's actually not so much racism, as it is fear, greed, egotism, and aggression. All natural characteristics of homo sapiens since our initial inception. Characteristics all spawn from the human nucleus of ignorance.
Racism is just an ignorant extension of delusional egotism. Since we instinctively fear that which differs from us most, we tend to be more inclined to that which appears to be more similar. That's regardless as to which actually poses the greater potential threat or not!

We demonstrate aggression towards those most different from ourselves first. We then will eventually demonstrate aggression against our more similar relatives because that's just our nature as the homo sapiens we all are...We just can't seem to be able to extract these traits from our collective DNA. That's why our world has never known any lasting peace anywhere. That's why it's time for us to acknowledge the human cycle of aggression and violence, as we strive for greater human ideals that encompass compassion, peace, and human equanimity.

This would be the same type of human equanimity and compassion that President Obama attempted to demonstrate towards the DACA people when he was opposed by Congress. It seems that Congress opposed President Obama at practically every opportunity for some reason...

After being fed up with opposition, he therefore signed an executive order out of compassion...

Last edited by zeliner; 02-10-2018 at 05:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.