Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 03:14 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,590,680 times

Advertisements

He said his plan was to reduce prescription drug prices. I thought that was a HUGE Democrat issue (or it was in the past). The fact that they didn't even applaud politely even though he backed something loads of them have said themselves should be done shows that they will oppose him no matter what, even if he backs something that their party endorsed.

Or, perhaps Democrats would rather have higher prescription drug prices than that Trump and his party be the ones to lower the prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 03:18 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,320,450 times
They're not applauding because of what's being said, they're not applauding because of WHO'S saying it. Republicans would have done the same thing if Obama said this. Bipartisanship isn't really a thing anymore because constituents have become so loyal to their base due to how far each party has moved from the center. Critical thinking is a thing of the past when it comes to voting. Every senator knows how easily people vote with their feet. Plus they all know the cameras are on them so they want to perceive the voters that they don't respect him as much as the other side.

Old 02-03-2018, 03:20 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,152,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
They're not applauding because of what's being said, they're not applauding because of WHO'S saying it. Republicans would have done the same thing if Obama said this. Bipartisanship isn't really a thing anymore because constituents have become so loyal to their base due to how far each party has moved from the center.
It's funny how leftists try to justify it by claiming "republicans would have done it too".

What happened to "when they go low, we go high"? I guess all that goes out the window when it comes time to applaud for Trump.

Old 02-03-2018, 03:23 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,913,913 times
Get off your high horse...Republicans sat on their hands during Obama's SOTU even after Osama Bin Laden was brought to justice.

Old 02-03-2018, 03:24 PM

13,697 posts, read 9,028,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
He said his plan was to reduce prescription drug prices. I thought that was a HUGE Democrat issue (or it was in the past). The fact that they didn't even applaud politely even though he backed something loads of them have said themselves should be done shows that they will oppose him no matter what, even if he backs something that their party endorsed.

Or, perhaps Democrats would rather have higher prescription drug prices than that Trump and his party be the ones to lower the prices.
What plan may that be? Let us have specifics.

Old 02-03-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
It's funny how leftists try to justify it by claiming "republicans would have done it too".

What happened to "when they go low, we go high"? I guess all that goes out the window when it comes time to applaud for Trump.
I'm not even a "leftist", I lean more to the right as a Republican. Don't try and deny it. Discussions start when we are all honest.

Old 02-03-2018, 03:27 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,152,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
What plan may that be? Let us have specifics.
You mean specifics like "hope and change", "yes we can", and "stronger together"? That sure got liberals applauding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
I'm not even a "leftist", I lean more to the right as a Republican. Don't try and deny it. Discussions start when we are all honest.
Where did I claim you were a leftist?

Old 02-03-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
You mean specifics like "hope and change", "yes we can", and "stronger together"? That sure got liberals applauding.

Where did I claim you were a leftist?
You never did. I'm stating this so people don't use their preconceived notions toward my post.

Old 02-03-2018, 03:41 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,730,198 times
Quote:

I think that he came across as a lying braggart. I dont believe what he said about the FDA approving more drugs under HIS FDA than under any other Presidency. While it might be true that the FDA approved a lot of brand names going generic, that’s not the same as new breakthrough meds. The heyday of brand name development was the early-mid 90s, not now. Dems still could have clapped just a little though.

Old 02-03-2018, 03:55 PM

38,014 posts, read 22,198,300 times
Quote:

The democrats would not even applaud historically low unemployment numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies