Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 12:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
There is no quote from Andrew McCabe in the memo. You are incorrect.

I will leave it right there and let those informed make their own decision.

With a reference number.

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/2/1695758...f-declassified

• The FBI used an unverified, allegedly biased document known as the “Steele dossier” to get a warrant in October 2016 to surveil Carter Page, a former Trump campaign adviser. The dossier, prepared by former British spy Christopher Steele, alleges the existence of a conspiracy between Donald Trump and the Russian government. The Steele dossier was partially financed by the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) — which the memo argues is a major problem.
  • SeniorFBI and Justice Department officials knew that the Steele dossier was indirectly funded by a lawyer for the Clinton campaign and the DNC, but didn’t disclose this in their application to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court — a court that approves surveillance warrants pertaining to national security and foreign intelligence. They also didn’t disclose it when renewing their applications requesting additional time for surveillance.
  • In September 2016, Steele spoke with Deputy Attorney General Bruce Ohr. Steele told Ohr that he “was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being president.” Ohr’s wife worked for the research firm, Fusion GPS, that hired Steele on behalf of the DNC/Clinton lawyer.
  • The head of the FBI’s Counterintelligence Division Bill Priestap apparently said corroboration of the Steele dossier was in its “infancy” at the time of the FISA application.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:35 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Flynn is going to do no such thing. I suspect his plea deal helps keep his son out of prison. And having pled guilty already there is a massive burden of proof to overturn that. Just not happening. I wish I knew some of you folks so sure it will in person, cause I'd be betting money on you being wrong.

And the mccade stuff turns out to be both a incorrect quote, and out of context according to people at the actual hearing. For real fun on the memo it now turns out that the judge was in fact informed about the fact that a political party paid for the Steele dossier. Killing one of the major claims of it.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Flynn is going to do no such thing. I suspect his plea deal helps keep his son out of prison. And having pled guilty already there is a massive burden of proof to overturn that. Just not happening. I wish I knew some of you folks so sure it will in person, cause I'd be betting money on you being wrong.

And the mccade stuff turns out to be both a incorrect quote, and out of context according to people at the actual hearing. For real fun on the memo it now turns out that the judge was in fact informed about the fact that a political party paid for the Steele dossier. Killing one of the major claims of it.

And according to those same people, this 4 page memo was a threat to national security, a release of classified intel and would destroy our intelligence agencies.
None of which turned out to be true. Imagine that. All false again.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:43 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
And according to those same people, this 4 page memo was a threat to national security, a release of classified intel and would destroy our intelligence agencies.
You do know the memo was edited before release to remove the worst parts of that...right?

Old 02-05-2018, 12:47 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If he does, it will be thrown out of court, and his son will do hard time.

Roger Stone? Really?

Old 02-05-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You do know the memo was edited before release to remove the worst parts of that...right?
Who told you that?
Was the grammar that bad? They were Republicans, ya know

Old 02-05-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If he does, it will be thrown out of court, and his son will do hard time.

Roger Stone? Really?

Power of the pardon.
You said the same thing about Joe Aprio.

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Quote:
You don't know that. The Russians can read between the lines and likely garner info on how and from who we got info. Remember it wasn't Flynn who was being tapped....it was the Russian on the other end of the line.

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
I will leave it right there and let those informed make their own decision.

With a reference number.

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/2/1695758...f-declassified

• The FBI used an unverified, allegedly biased document known as the “Steele dossier” to get a warrant in October 2016 to surveil Carter Page, a former Trump campaign adviser. The dossier, prepared by former British spy Christopher Steele, alleges the existence of a conspiracy between Donald Trump and the Russian government. The Steele dossier was partially financed by the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) — which the memo argues is a major problem.
  • SeniorFBI and Justice Department officials knew that the Steele dossier was indirectly funded by a lawyer for the Clinton campaign and the DNC, but didn’t disclose this in their application to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court — a court that approves surveillance warrants pertaining to national security and foreign intelligence. They also didn’t disclose it when renewing their applications requesting additional time for surveillance.
  • In September 2016, Steele spoke with Deputy Attorney General Bruce Ohr. Steele told Ohr that he “was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being president.” Ohr’s wife worked for the research firm, Fusion GPS, that hired Steele on behalf of the DNC/Clinton lawyer.
  • The head of the FBI’s Counterintelligence Division Bill Priestap apparently said corroboration of the Steele dossier was in its “infancy” at the time of the FISA application.
So where is this quote from Andrew McCabe that you claim exists in the body of that memo? I don't see any quotes.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:51 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
You have to wonder if the means to spying on Flynn was linked in anyway to the Hilary dossier then the charges probably wouldn't stand.

I'm rooting for Flynn, him and his family have been put through hell for nothing
Flynn was trying to get a plea deal from the day he was fired. He pleaded guilty to cut a deal with Mueller so his son didn't go to jail. If he's really smart, he won't do anything to jeopardize his plea deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies