Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 10:39 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'm not religious either but I'm certainly not going to show disrespect for an entire religion because of the comments of one person.
I have seen some rude comments made about Christians in general on this forum, but not so far in this thread. As a Christian myself, I find charlatans like this woman extremely embarrassing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 10:39 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Reminds me of a story. A man was on the roof of his house with flood waters all around. A boat came to save him . He said ,, I have faith in God . He will not let me drown and sent the boat away.

Another boat, a helicopter. He said God will save me. The flood waters came higher and he drown. He asked Saint Peter . Why did I drown? St. PETER said. We sent two boats and a helicopter .

Then why is this silly minister saying avoid the vaccine that was sent?

Old 02-06-2018, 11:09 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Tell me WHY (other than being a blatant liar) he is apparently the only one on earth to have seen "thousands and thousands" celebrating the 9/11 attacks in the streets of Jersey City?

And he most certainly lied in promising he would implement a far better replacement for the ACA immediately upon taking office.

And just WHY is he expecting Congress to pay for a wall he said time after time Mexico would pay for?
is that it? That is why you think Trump is such a liar? There were many who were celebrating the 9/1 attack. On roof tops and in the streets. Do you have a count meter and were there to see who was celebrating?

What like on the first day? Is that your immediately! Get DACA PASSED .. SURE ...THE DEMOCRATS ARE RESISTING AS USUAL.

Obama had two years and did nothing. He had the house and senate to work on immigration and promised the dreamers Obama would.. lie... but of course you don't want to remember that.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Then why is this silly minister saying avoid the vaccine that was sent?
I don't agree with everything a preacher says. I eat the meat and spit out the bones...

Only ten % effective. People who get the flu shot die also.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
is that it? That is why you think Trump is such a liar? There were many who were celebrating the 9/1 attack. On roof tops and in the streets. Do you have a count meter and were there to see who was celebrating?

What like on the first day? Is that your immediately! Get DACA PASSED .. SURE ...THE DEMOCRATS ARE RESISTING AS USUAL.

Obama had two years and did nothing. He had the house and senate to work on immigration and promised the dreamers Obama would.. lie... but of course you don't want to remember that.

No, his history of lying is well documented, that you choose to ignore it is your doing, no one else's. And the FACT there were no reports from the JCPD of "thousands and thousands" celebrating in the streets will continue to make Trump's claim to appear to be utter BS until someone comes up with something far more than "There were many who were celebrating the 9/1 attack. On roof tops and in the streets"

And even IF Obama had 200 years it has NOTHING to do with Trump's utter failure to make good on his own promises.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Does adultery fall into those "certain behaviors"? And doesn't one have to repent in order to be saved?

Donald Trump is on record as saying he doesn't ask God for forgiveness because he doesn't believe he has done anything to warrant it. Seems blasphemous to me, since no one but God is perfect, but Evangelicals give Trump a pass on all of that. It's almost like they think he is above that or is exempt from the morals they pretend to uphold.

That is why most of us here have little respect for Evangelicals and pretend Christians.
Trump also said he works on what he failed on in this life. That is between God and Trump.

Trump is opened to hear God. That is the step in the right direction.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I don't agree with everything a preacher says. I eat the meat and spit out the bones...

Only ten % effective. People who get the flu shot die also.
People who never smoked get lung cancer, I guess we shouldn't believe smoking is bad for you, eh?

Old 02-06-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
No, his history of lying is well documented, that you choose to ignore it is your doing, no one else's. And the FACT there were no reports from the JCPD of "thousands and thousands" celebrating in the streets will continue to make Trump's claim to appear to be utter BS until someone comes up with something far more than "There were many who were celebrating the 9/1 attack. On roof tops and in the streets"

And even IF Obama had 200 years it has NOTHING to do with Trump's utter failure to mae good on his own promises.
In other words you have no evidence it didn't happen. People were calling radio stations saying they were dancing in the streets.. did you see and count?

Old 02-06-2018, 11:23 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b00f94fe944ac8

Where does it end? Refuse chemo if you have cancer? Don't get a cast if you have a broken leg?
Since the flu vaccine is only 10% effective, I opted out of getting it.

Still not sick. Actually getting lots of extra work because those that got t it are, well, sick.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
People who never smoked get lung cancer, I guess we shouldn't believe smoking is bad for you, eh?
Ever hear of second hand smoke?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies