Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 01:44 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
According to this article, Trump's attorneys don't believe Mueller will subpoena Trump and force a showdown.

Only "White House lawyer Ty Cobb supports full cooperation with Mueller's investigation, but he's outnumbered by opponents," according to the sources in the NYT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 03:45 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
There is not going to be an interview, so this discussion is pointless.
I don't think so, either. I think Mueller will just subpeona Trump to testify before the Grand Jury.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:48 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
With an opinion story from the crooked NY Times?

hahahahahahaha

You only embarrass yourself.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:49 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
According to this article, Trump's attorneys don't believe Mueller will subpoena Trump and force a showdown.

Only "White House lawyer Ty Cobb supports full cooperation with Mueller's investigation, but he's outnumbered by opponents," according to the sources in the NYT.
Isn't Cobb the one who was shooting his mouth off to John Dowd about the Russian Probe at an open air cafe with a NYT reporter at the next table? Not sure I'd trust either one of them.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:50 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
..... according to the sources in the NYT.
Anonymous Sources from the NYT?

= FAKE NEWS

Old 02-06-2018, 03:55 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times

a blogger is your source?

Old 02-06-2018, 04:07 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I'm not surprised by Trump at all. We've all seen loudmouthed BSers like him. Car salesmen, TV infomercial hosts, faith healers, and so on. What is amazing is that we had enough people in this country that were dumb enough or desperate enough to actually believe the swill that endlessly flows from his mouth - and elect him to be their President.
I didn't vote for Hillary, and I didn't vote for Trump........and I think you've underestimated the 'back to Bill's first term' animosity (and level of same) toward Hillary, and overestimated the level of faith in Trump.

Old 02-08-2018, 03:34 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Report: Lawyers Afraid Trump Would Lie In Mueller Interview

Not only is Trump and egomaniac, but in his own house, his attorney's KNOW he will lie on the witness stand!! Shades of "Tricky Dick!!"" Now you just don't have to tell the truth, or be responsible, everybody else will protect you! This man has put more people out of business and lost jobs than he has as president caused any new ones. 6 bankruptcies! Please, how did we get someone in the WhiteHouse that can't even manage his own or his business finances? Why!! How can the commander in chief be so blatantly abusive and financially irresponsible and yet, he was voted into office. To add to that, he would lie on the witness stand. I'm appalled at what he has gotten away with.
Well, as you know, they're working on uncovering HOW he got in, for one thing. Then, a lot of people didn't (and don't) care that he is the most crooked thing on the planet. He has gotten away with murder his entire life, hiding behind and escaping through $$$$. (What would a creep like him have otherwise done if not having had money?) I am just waiting for his ship to sink.

Old 02-08-2018, 04:27 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I guess that was why Comey and the FBI didn't put Hilliary under oath!

What's good for the goose is good for the gander!
This is pretty basic stuff....here are the FACTS.

No one, neither Martha Stewart, Mike Flynn nor Hillary Clinton are administered an oath before being questioned by the FBI.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...igation-yet-2/
Quote:
So yes, it’s true Clinton was interviewed over the Fourth of July weekend, and it is true she was not under oath when she was questioned for 3 1/2 hours at FBI headquarters However, here’s a little secret that Trump doesn’t seem to understand: The FBI NEVER questions anyone under oath during an interview.

Literally, that is not how they do it. In fact, an FBI agent doesn’t have the power to put anyone under oath during an interview. Have you ever heard of any suspect being interviewed by a police detective under oath? Anyone with the basic knowledge of a Law & Order episode would know that. But, still somehow, the headline made its way into mainstream media, and was used as a talking point to bash the FBI by pundits — and now Trump.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:52 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Well, as you know, they're working on uncovering HOW he got in,.
Leave it to a liberal to disbelieve that they could lose an election in a democracy. Leave it to a liberal to remove the free agency of American voters, and undermine democracy in the process, because they can't comprehend that anyone disagrees with them.

"How" Trump was elected is that people voted for him. That's all that you need to know. Anything else infringes on the voting agency of sovereign citizens, merely because you disagree with their voting.

"How" did Hillary get so many votes, I wonder? Should we investigate that? I think that we should at this point.

However, the more salient point is that the investigation is effectively over because it has the stink of inappropriate procedure and evidence used in conjunction with help from politically biased actors.

An investigation into a president has to be spotless. This is a hot mess, which means that it will be politically, if not legally, impossible to move forward in a meaningful way.

The Dems should attempt to save some face at this point and call it off. However, I believe that they have so painted themselves into a corner in corrupting their base with Russia mania that it will be impossible to back out.

Instead, they'll let the crazy take over and his the accelerator until they drive themselves off of a cliff. We can only hope that they don't take the country with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies