Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump's military parade: yes or no?
Yes. 37 16.37%
No, 170 75.22%
Don't care. 19 8.41%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 11:12 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,365,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Bam! If for no other reason, that makes it a good idea!

Most of these Pu--ys that are pissing and moaning over this probably wouldn't pass the physical to serve, let alone have a high enough IQ.
You honestly think that pissing off anti-Trumpers is more important than the soldiers?

What kind of person are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2018, 11:27 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
For your enlightenment..................{I learned a few things I was not aware of also}

https://thevietnamwar.info/vietnam-war-draft/
Interestingly enough -- I did read most of this information in another link last week or two when it came up about Trump avoiding service. Trump is not technically a draft dodger and I know that but I was using draft dodger more as a 'name calling'.

You know when someone is a sloppy eater and you say they are a pig -- they aren't really a pig...that kind of thing.

Or someone who plays you a song on the piano and you love it and you call them a maestro--they aren't.

Or someone does a lovely painting and you call them picasso -- they aren't.

Old 02-09-2018, 11:33 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,662,326 times
Quote:
Who gives a flying crap? This is just B.S.! I vote for honoring our men and women in uniform, who don't get enough credit, and it is the Left who disparaged them more than any other group.
I was one of those men, I proudly served my country. The vast majority will tell you, that they don't want to be honored this way. I been talking to many of my old military buddies these last few days, and not a single one support a parade, not one.

Old 02-09-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
I don't believe for one minute that you are in the military.

The "thousands of veterans" in your "reserved unit?"

Am I the only one here who thinks this is odd?

Look, the "Russian bots" on this forum may or may not be a thing, but I served, and I don't know of anyone in the military who would talk like this.
Lol, yes that's odd.

Last edited by ipaper; 02-09-2018 at 12:07 PM..

Old 02-09-2018, 11:46 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,694,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I was one of those men, I proudly served my country. The vast majority will tell you, that they don't want to be honored this way. I been talking to many of my old military buddies these last few days, and not a single one support a parade, not one.
I'd support it 100%. A lot of my friends who don't have a military background would like to see it. Where else can you see representatives from all branches of the military at the same time? When JBER in Anchorage has their base open house and air show tens of thousands of people show up to see what it's all about. Bring on the parade!! I'd take all my grandchildren to see it!

Old 02-09-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
And we have parades all across this nation on Veterans Day, not to mention innumerable services and recognitions on Memorial Day.

I'm all for Victory Parades. I'm all against a parade 'just cause' someone wants to flex his ego more.

So no this veteran thinks it's a stupid idea.
Exactly, and amen to that.

Old 02-09-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
My husband served 30 years in the Navy. He now works as a Federal civilian employee in the Department of Defense. He's a lifelong Republican who voted for President Trump. He is definitely not part of "the left." Quite the opposite.

He thinks the idea of a huge parade to "honor" current active military and vets is a waste of taxpayer money and military time. He didn't serve to be "honored" by marching in a parade; he knows what he contributed.

Military Times - the publication that military members and their families read and rely on for news - did a poll today of readers. Over 51,000 of their readers (again most military members, their families, and retired vets, responded. Eight nine percent said they don't thing the idea of a large military parade is a good idea.

Surely, not all of them are "leftists."

Regardless, you are welcome to your opinions too! That's part of why my husband spent most of his adult life serving his country: to insure that all Americans have the freedom to express their opinions openly.

(P.S. you are correct that there are many small parades across the country. Active duty service members and vets often participate in them on a smaller level. President Trump could choose to attend any of those parades if he wants to "honor" marching service people. You can too.

Or, just take a homeless veteran out for a meal if you really want to honor a vet.)
Thank you.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Democrats are not the only one trashing the idea.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Whats wrong with displaying our military might? After all, our taxes pay for the stuff, we might as well get to see and enjoy the mighty machines we pay for. You Dems need to unwad your panties!!! History has never seen the likes of such whiners like yourselves. Its getting embarrassing!
Did you served in the military?

Old 02-09-2018, 12:08 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Whats wrong with displaying our military might? After all, our taxes pay for the stuff, we might as well get to see and enjoy the mighty machines we pay for. You Dems need to unwad your panties!!! History has never seen the likes of such whiners like yourselves. Its getting embarrassing!
Embarrassing is you seeing nothing wrong with squandering millions of dollars to stroke a narcissist's fragile ego while there are record numbers of homeless vets living on the streets and the VA is underfunded.

At least you should be embarrassed, but I doubt you will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies