Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2018, 05:50 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times

Advertisements

I won’t be going to Outback Steakhouse ever again.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:52 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,544,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I think it's on Outback - they are unfair to expect a server to prepare that huge of an order and for her not to be compensated.
she was PAID for doing her job, how is Outback not compensating her?

her job duties include take out...

does she want a tip for showing up on time as well?

Old 02-11-2018, 05:54 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,693,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Me? I read it... I just don't believe the church's claim. They knew how much the bill was; did they give the driver an extra $50, $100, $150? and tell the driver to leave it as a tip and he forgot? Or did they give him extra money and then he gave it back; I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave him the exact bill payment.
Or did they prepay with a credit card when they placed the order? Then just sent someone over to pick it up. If my boss said to go pick up a $1000 food order and that it was already paid for why would it even think about a tip???

Old 02-11-2018, 05:55 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I won’t be going to Outback Steakhouse ever again.
I won't either. But only because the last time I was there the food was terrible.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:57 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Anyone who places a $735 food order and doesn't include a tip is a cheap bastard, regardless of whether they call themselves Christians or not.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:01 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The cooks do not rely on tips. If they are relying on this lady to prepare the food they need to pay her. They are taking advantage of her pay scale and that is wrong.

If I eat in Pizza, I tip. If it's delivered, I tip. If I pick it up to take out, I do not tip. Hardly anyone does.
Waiters and waitresses do regularly tip out the back of the house. Ask someone who has worked at a restaurant. People do usually tip something for take out - and the restaurant staff sure as heck notice you not doing so if you're a regular.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:03 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,166,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Or did they prepay with a credit card when they placed the order? Then just sent someone over to pick it up. If my boss said to go pick up a $1000 food order and that it was already paid for why would it even think about a tip???
Because the church claimed that they "always tip generously" and this was just an oversight by the person they sent to pick up the order. <-- Apparently, I read that last bit in another article, but cannot find it right now...

But here is a quote from the OP article...

“We did not call the restaurant to have her fired, we wanted to get the situation resolved. That night, we had a volunteer go to the restaurant and pick up the order since we were having a big conference. He probably didn’t know to tip since it was a rush of the moment thing.”

Read more here: Outback fires server for posting on Christ Fellowship $0 tip | Miami Herald

Edit: Here it is...

Christ Fellowship said their policy is to tip on carry-out orders, but that their volunteer wasn't aware of that.

'Thank you all very much for expressing your concerns,' the church said in a statement on Facebook.
'We are sorry to hear about this situation and our leaders have been notified about it. We value our local business partners and those who work in their establishments—many of whom are members of our church—and it is customary for us to leave a generous tip whenever we pick up a carry-out order.

Read more: Outback Steakhouse waitress is fired for tip complaint | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 02-11-2018 at 06:15 PM..

Old 02-11-2018, 06:15 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Because the church claimed that they "always tip generously" and this was just an oversight by the person they sent to pick up the order. <-- Apparently, I read that last bit in another article, but cannot find it right now...

But here is a quote from the OP article...

“We did not call the restaurant to have her fired, we wanted to get the situation resolved. That night, we had a volunteer go to the restaurant and pick up the order since we were having a big conference. He probably didn’t know to tip since it was a rush of the moment thing.”

Read more here: Outback fires server for posting on Christ Fellowship $0 tip | Miami Herald

Edit: Here it is...

Christ Fellowship said their policy is to tip on carry-out orders, but that their volunteer wasn't aware of that.

'Thank you all very much for expressing your concerns,' the church said in a statement on Facebook.
'We are sorry to hear about this situation and our leaders have been notified about it. We value our local business partners and those who work in their establishments—many of whom are members of our church—and it is customary for us to leave a generous tip whenever we pick up a carry-out order.

Read more: Outback Steakhouse waitress is fired for tip complaint | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Very nice of them. They wanted to get her tipped, seems like.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:16 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
she was PAID for doing her job, how is Outback not compensating her?

her job duties include take out...

does she want a tip for showing up on time as well?
sigh. Paid $2.13/hour on the basis that servers' income is from tips.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:18 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Anyone who places a $735 food order and doesn't include a tip is a cheap bastard, regardless of whether they call themselves Christians or not.
clearly someone hasnt read the article and is instead trying to stir the pot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies