Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 12:30 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,940,124 times

Advertisements

Always interesting to see how folks in the next parallel universe over are ignoring the current elephant in the White House. I never thought that I might actually sort of miss GW Bush, but life is always full of surprises. Carry on, oh Trumpanistas!

Old 02-14-2018, 12:33 AM

834 posts, read 529,299 times
Besides being born with too dark of a skin color for you folks, what did Obama do that was so wrong? Specifically, things that a Republican president wouldn't have done as well if serving the same 2009-16 administration?

We know Obama inherited a recession and turned it around, kept the wars going in the middle east, helped get tens of millions of uninsured Americans healthcare, and handed Trump a healthy economy.

Seriously, tell me what he did that was so bad.

Old 02-14-2018, 12:37 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
woodrow wilson was worse than both of them.
Woodrow Wilson was pretty bad, but I don't think anything compares to the permanent and irreversible damage the policies pushed and signed under LBJ did to America.

Old 02-14-2018, 12:42 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,628,150 times

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZ0IRKwWwAAuBrP.jpg:large

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/75649901/but-obama.jpg

I see C-D has allowed all of the Stormfront people in again.....

Old 02-14-2018, 12:44 AM

3,625 posts, read 3,413,979 times
Worse than Franklin Pierce? According to Wikipedia:

Quote:
He alienated anti-slavery groups by championing and signing the Kansas–Nebraska Act and enforcing the Fugitive Slave Act; yet he failed to stem conflict between North and South, setting the stage for Southern secession and the American Civil War. Historians and scholars generally rank Pierce as one of the worst U.S. Presidents.
Or perhaps Obama was worse than James Buchanan? Again, from Wikipedia:

Quote:
His inability to address the sharply divided pro-slavery and anti-slavery partisans with a unifying principle on the brink of the Civil War has led to his consistent ranking by historians as one of the worst presidents in American history. Historians who participated in a 2006 survey voted his failure to deal with secession the worst presidential mistake ever made.
And then there was Nixon. Wikipedia says:

Quote:
By late 1973, the Watergate scandal escalated, costing Nixon much of his political support. On August 9, 1974, he resigned in the face of almost certain impeachment and removal from office.
You are, of course, entitled to your opinion as to who the worst president in US history is. But before you state "Obama is the worst," you might wish to acquaint yourself with all the US presidents through history. Given that a civil war never broke out during Obama's presidency, and he would never have been impeached, it seems to me that Obama's presidency was pretty benign. I have a feeling that proper and respected historians would agree with me.

Old 02-14-2018, 12:47 AM

27,576 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumby88 View Post
Besides being born with too dark of a skin color for you folks, what did Obama do that was so wrong? Specifically, things that a Republican president wouldn't have done as well if serving the same 2009-16 administration?

We know Obama inherited a recession and turned it around, kept the wars going in the middle east, helped get tens of millions of uninsured Americans healthcare, and handed Trump a healthy economy.

I consider Obama to be an average President, not the worst. Objectively speaking, Obama deserves credit for doing some good things for America during his Presidency.

However, I believe he was racially divisive and rather blatantly took the side of criminals and thugs against the police. It still bewilders me why he did that. I suppose it's because he wanted to cater to the most radical people in his base - those who consider it a virtue to show love and compassion to degenerate people in society.

Old 02-14-2018, 12:49 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Worse than Franklin Pierce? According to Wikipedia:

Or perhaps Obama was worse than James Buchanan? Again, from Wikipedia:

And then there was Nixon. Wikipedia says:

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion as to who the worst president in US history is. But before you state "Obama is the worst," you might wish to acquaint yourself with all the US presidents through history. Given that a civil war never broke out during Obama's presidency, and he would never have been impeached, it seems to me that Obama's presidency was pretty benign. I have a feeling that proper and respected historians would agree with me.
Pierce and Buchanan didn't have a civil war with 600,000 casualties, so who cares about that revisionist history. What the Obama administration did with the spying and trying to frame and set up the Trump administration is way worse than Watergate.

Old 02-14-2018, 01:18 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumby88 View Post

You just summed it up! Trumpers are mad that he gave access to health care to people that they feel didn't " deserve" it. Many feel health care is a privilege only folks as awesome as themselves deserve. ANYTHING to make the Trumpers feel superior to those lesser people. Its like health-Care is a barometer of success and superiority.

Old 02-14-2018, 01:26 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Wow we actually agree on something. But yes, if Americans were TRULY honest with themselves, many would admit their initial disdain for Obama was racial. If Obama walked on water they would rip on him for not being able to swim!
Plus if trump was a Democrat and/or black, those same folks who worship him would ridicule him.
Trump isn't all that great either. Hillary was a VERY weak candidate and she STILL got more votes than Jabba the Hut did. Trumps victory was nothing more than a backlash against political correctness, and pay back for 8 years of a black President. It was a victory for the affluent bigoted white people who call themselves Christians and patriots

Old 02-14-2018, 01:37 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Always interesting to see how folks in the next parallel universe over are ignoring the current elephant in the White House. I never thought that I might actually sort of miss GW Bush, but life is always full of surprises. Carry on, oh Trumpanistas!

I put in a lot of overtime last week and, thanks to the Trump tax cut, I am looking forward to that extra money not going straight to the mooches.

Good luck running against that in 2018 and 2020!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies