Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 09:17 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,553,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
But do you know who grants continued interim clearances when the FBI's investigations lead them to deny a TS?

That buck doesn't get passed to the FBI or some obscure WH office.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2018, 09:18 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,777,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
This won't end well for your side------this will reveal yet another weak spot within the FBI. The same FBI that participated in the pro-Hillary cheering section.
When will the Left learn.
How so? The FBI refused to give Porter a security clearance. Seems to me they did their job just fine. For whatever reason, the WH didn't act.

When will you learn how this WH works? (Hint - it doesn't.)

Old 02-14-2018, 09:19 AM

7,188 posts, read 4,774,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Wasn't he a Preibus appointment?

Were any criminal charges filed in these incidences with scorned women? I have never seen them if they are there to see.
I have just heard accusations and a photo.
Scorned women?

Are you implying that women who are beaten by their husbands are SCORNED women? That’s too low even for you.

Order of protection and photo have been made public. Perhaps your usual sources are keeping you ignorant.

So an abused wife is a scorned woman, huh? What do you need to see an autopsy report?

Old 02-14-2018, 09:20 AM

57,369 posts, read 26,285,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
FBI Director Wray said yesterday that the FBI did a follow-up into Porter's background investigation in July 2017, and notified the White House at that time about Porter's alleged crimes and possible legal troubles. They FBI then reached out to the White House again in November 2017.

I won't be surprised if General Kelley gets fired before the end of February.
I don't think it even dawned on them that Wray would be asked the question and he answered in detail. It was painful watching Sanders claiming it was held up in the White House Personnel Office.

I never heard his name until last week, I wonder who brought Portman on and his connection to Trump. The climate has changed drastically with regard to abuse of women in the last several months, they probably thought they could sneak this by when he was brought on board last year.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:21 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,093,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
The FBI does the background checks AND gives the info to the White House. Porter didn’t get the Top Secret clearance and Kelly kept him anyway. Kelly KNEW Porter didn’t have the proper clearance. The FBI couldn’t fire Porter. That role belongs to the WH.

As a military man, Kelly KNOWS all about security clearances. Kelly figured he’d sweep it under the rug. Maybe he thinks domestic violence is no big deal. Makes me wonder if it was a common place thing in Kelly’s upbringing.

Maybe Kelly thinks he is the real president and he can waive whatever he wants while the toddler in chief is occupied watching Fox during his “executive timeâ€.

What a cluster...
Is it against the law to willingly and knowingly allow someone without the proper clearance to read and handle classified documents? Can Kelly be charged for this? It sure seems like he should be.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
Scorned women?

Are you implying that women who are beaten by their husbands are SCORNED women? That’s too low even for you.

Order of protection and photo have been made public. Perhaps your usual sources are keeping you ignorant.

So an abused wife is a scorned woman, huh? What do you need to see an autopsy report?

If a man laid a hand on you, you would not be scorned and rejected? Or would you feel loved & happy?

Hell have no wrath, like a woman scorned.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:25 AM

57,369 posts, read 26,285,929 times
Quote:

Were any criminal charges filed in these incidences with scorned women? I have never seen them if they are there to see.
His ex-wife .filed a restraining order

Old 02-14-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
His ex-wife .filed a restraining order
That is not a criminal act or declaration.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:

In a case like this. Here in Texas, the State(county) would have filed charges on the accusation and such damaging proof presented. He would have had to prove to the state, he didn't do that to another human, under accusation he did.

That is why I asked.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:59 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,109,441 times
Quote:

So you must think Porter is the victim. His wife struck his fist with her eye. A vicious assault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies