Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 08:46 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trey Gowdy -- he's had enough of all this shenanigans for sure.
He's not the only one.

“I’m also troubled by the fact that someone with these allegations in his background could get any job in the White House from gardener on down,” Mr. Gowdy said.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ing-rob-porte/

Gowdy: House Oversight has launched investigation into Porter | TheHill
He's up to no good.

However, I agree with the quoted statement.

Trump will do nothing about scalawags in his administration until it becomes public knowledge and can not be hidden any longer. He started off with Flynn, he continues with the rest of this rat's nest. Everything he does is cloaked and hidden, the man brings people in who can not get a security clearance and 'pretends' that the clearance process was still ongoing. How long does it take them to decide he is unfit to work in the white house, four years?

What a joke ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2018, 08:47 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Ummmm yea...I did not know the WH does actual FBI back ground checks....Who does them again?

But do you know who grants continued interim clearances when the FBI's investigations lead them to deny a TS?

That buck doesn't get passed to the FBI or some obscure WH office.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:49 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
He's not the only one.

“I’m also troubled by the fact that someone with these allegations in his background could get any job in the White House from gardener on down,” Mr. Gowdy said.

This won't end well for your side------this will reveal yet another weak spot within the FBI. The same FBI that participated in the pro-Hillary cheering section.
When will the Left learn.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:51 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Trey Gowdy heads investigation into hiring of Rob Porter

He's getting out, so the whitewash he delivers won't cause him much backlash.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:53 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
This won't end well for your side------this will reveal yet another weak spot within the FBI. The same FBI that participated in the pro-Hillary cheering section.
My side -- what is my side?

The one that disagrees with you on this and doesn't like Trump in general.

Is that left -- everyone who disagrees with you and doesn't like Trump

Oh okay.

I suspect that's a whole bunch of people -- lol.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:04 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Ummmm yea...I did not know the WH does actual FBI back ground checks....Who does them again?
The FBI does the background checks AND gives the info to the White House. Porter didn’t get the Top Secret clearance and Kelly kept him anyway. Kelly KNEW Porter didn’t have the proper clearance. The FBI couldn’t fire Porter. That role belongs to the WH.

As a military man, Kelly KNOWS all about security clearances. Kelly figured he’d sweep it under the rug. Maybe he thinks domestic violence is no big deal. Makes me wonder if it was a common place thing in Kelly’s upbringing.

Maybe Kelly thinks he is the real president and he can waive whatever he wants while the toddler in chief is occupied watching Fox during his “executive time”.

What a cluster...

Old 02-14-2018, 09:06 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
He's not the only one.

Wasn't he a Preibus appointment?

Were any criminal charges filed in these incidences with scorned women? I have never seen them if they are there to see.
I have just heard accusations and a photo.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
What an absurd post.

Please get over yourself.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
WH trying to blame something called the White House Personnel Office. Career public servants (A. K. A. the "deep state").
Right. And it’s all a load of crap. They’re lying.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:14 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
The FBI completed Porter's background check. He didn't get clearance. The WH kept him on staff anyway. The FBI don't have the power to kick people out. They operate on the premise that an administration will only keep people who can actually get cleared. Not the case here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies