Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 02:18 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I guess the ballot box has no power? Give it a break, "a gun is about the only power many Americans have".

I don't want to be any where near a person who thinks that way and owns guns. What a bunch of BS..seriously
Do I really need to say it? Ok... fine. If the ballot box actually had any power, Donald J. Trump would not now be President of these United States of America. And it's not me you need to worry about. But you may be closer to one of those whom you fear than you think. And you would be right to fear them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 02:20 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Do I really need to say it? Ok... fine. If the ballot box actually had any power, Donald J. Trump would not now be President of these United States of America. And it's not me you need to worry about. But you may be closer to one of those whom you fear than you think. And you would be right to fear them.
So you think the election was rigged?

Old 02-20-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Assuming Americans are going to roll tanks into their own neighbors and families' cities and kill them. Or drop bombs on them. You are also assuming our military would just go along with orders to shell their own civilians.

If you think that is just going to be the way it is, well you are wrong.

You think Washington is going to drop bunker-buster bombs on Kansas City? Okay.
Exactly. I don't think any of those scenarios are realistic. Neither is the scenario where they put the gloves on and try to corral the citizenry with batons and tear gas! If they meet resistance from AR-15' and Colt revolvers they will counter it with whatever is necessary to suppress it. Up to and including bunker-busters, if it came to that. But it likely would not. So there is little actual need for any American to be armed. Home safety... fail. It is fact that more guns bought with the intent to secure property end up killing or injuring members of the families they are intended to protect. Gun accidents in America kill or injure as many Americans as are murdered in other countries around the world. Guns are a menace. Cars kill, but cars are useful. Guns aren't useful for much. In most situations where a gun is useful, some other tool would have been just as useful.

Old 02-20-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
So you think the election was rigged?
I'm not sure it matters. Can you argue with my point, however?

Old 02-20-2018, 02:31 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
I'm not sure it matters. Can you argue with my point, however?
No, because you are being vague. You seem to imply that you know that something happened that made it so the election results were improperly reported, yet when I ask if thats what you are saying you dodge the point, so no, I can't argue a point that you aren't even making clear.

Old 02-20-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
No, because you are being vague. You seem to imply that you know that something happened that made it so the election results were improperly reported, yet when I ask if thats what you are saying you dodge the point, so no, I can't argue a point that you aren't even making clear.
Ok, let's drop it then...

Old 02-20-2018, 02:37 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Exactly. I don't think any of those scenarios are realistic. Neither is the scenario where they put the gloves on and try to corral the citizenry with batons and tear gas! If they meet resistance from AR-15' and Colt revolvers they will counter it with whatever is necessary to suppress it. Up to and including bunker-busters, if it came to that. But it likely would not. So there is little actual need for any American to be armed. Home safety... fail. It is fact that more guns bought with the intent to secure property end up killing or injuring members of the families they are intended to protect. Gun accidents in America kill or injure as many Americans as are murdered in other countries around the world. Guns are a menace. Cars kill, but cars are useful. Guns aren't useful for much. In most situations where a gun is useful, some other tool would have been just as useful.
So you think the government will or will not kill their own civilians??

If they decide to do that, I'd rather have a rifle or pistol than nothing at all.

In one sentence you think Trump is insane, and the next you think we should forfeit our weaponry to them?

Old 02-20-2018, 02:40 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:

If they decide to do that, I'd rather have a rifle or pistol than nothing at all.

In one sentence you think Trump is insane, and the next you think we should forfeit our weaponry to them?
Before you think having a rifle or pistol will enable you to stop a government, you may want to consider all the gang bangers who have various firearms, and when the SWAT team comes, there is rarely a fight. Because why?

Old 02-20-2018, 02:42 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post

Nobody should have access to a semi-automatic firearm, because far too many people unexpectedly "snap" without warning. If and when they do "snap", they most certainly should not be in possession of an AR 15 assault rifle.

Few people should ever be trusted with a semi-automatic firearm in public.
Are you not aware that millions upon millions of children have been raised using semi autos, to no ill effect?
Not to mention the countless other age groups throughout the generations?

Old 02-20-2018, 02:47 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:

If "government decided to kill their own civilians," they would use more sophisticated equipment/method than you obviously think and your pistol would be worthless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies