Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 09:29 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Ever remember seeing a AR-15 on a pickup gun rack?

Back then people were educated about guns. They knew a shotgun was for killing birds, a small caliber rifle was for small game, a large caliber rifle for big game, a shotgun or pistol was for home defense, and guns like the AR-15 were for military personnel.

But today we have people lacking the most basic understanding of gun safety and usage wanting AR-15's for home defense in apartment buildings.

Your above statement is a lie. Democrats want to ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines (not all guns.)

So you want gun laws like the liberal state of Vermont?

But what your really fighting for is corporate tax cuts, corporate deregulation, low min wage laws, and for states to pass their own gun laws (and your using gun talk to accomplish your goals.)
Not AR's of course.... but I saw M1 carbines and Garands and all kinds of x military arms there...All delivered to our door by USPS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2018, 09:30 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Because both parents involved in raising the kids, instilled a fear of god, and didn’t warehouse them in public liberal indoctrination centres.
Got your Fox News talking points early today? Is it also because women were barefoot and pregnant and minorities knew their place, grandpa?

Old 02-17-2018, 09:33 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
No school and church shootings in the 50's and 60's......
Yes, there were. Besides, there are way more guns today than back then.

Old 02-17-2018, 09:37 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Because both parents involved in raising the kids, instilled a fear of god, and didn’t warehouse them in public liberal indoctrination centres.
So, no ones parents died like in the case of the FL shooter? No one lost their father in WW-II?

Old 02-17-2018, 09:44 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Got your Fox News talking points early today? Is it also because women were barefoot and pregnant and minorities knew their place, grandpa?
So you screech racism for what is blindingly obvious. Pathetic. Any idiot can procreate.

It takes responsible adults read parents to properly raise a child.

If your minorities can’t handle that, your problem not mine.

Why my child is in parochial school instead of liberal indoctrination centres.

Old 02-17-2018, 09:59 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
So you screech racism for what is blindingly obvious. Pathetic. Any idiot can procreate.

It takes responsible adults read parents to properly raise a child.

If your minorities can’t handle that, your problem not mine.

Why my child is in parochial school instead of liberal indoctrination centres.
Pedophilia priest are much better with kids is that what you are saying?

Old 02-17-2018, 10:02 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Not AR's of course.... but I saw M1 carbines and Garands and all kinds of x military arms there...All delivered to our door by USPS!!!
Its been (many) years since I've even thought about gun racks on trucks. When I was a kid I remember seeing them a lot, but I seem to remember seeing mostly shotguns and rifles.

Old 02-17-2018, 12:04 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Well, I do cringe when I hear associates talking about finding the cheapest daycare. It's none of my business, but I want to ask if one of them could swing working part time. Or perhaps get a relative to help out a couple of weekdays. Kids need a lot of one on one and a lot of hugs. It doesn't have to be the woman, I have two guy friends that stay at home.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:26 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
crime is low, except in some urban areas. we are very safe as a country.

the 50s and 60s were great for kids, but a woman couldn't be an engineer or get a divorce from an abusive husband.

the crazy and the mean can vent on social media anonymously. such talk in the past was not anonymous and would have resulted in social rejection.

now is much better. we are more prosperous and safer than ever in our history. by far.
Sure she could. My mom had a job right out of high school with Nationwide insurance, later enrolled at her State University in the late 1940s to early 1950s but decided she didn't want to go to college and was divorced in the 1950s.

The crime rate began to climb from a very low level in the early 1960s, peaked around 1992 and dropped till present but still quite a bit higher than the early 1960s and more distributed.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:54 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,314,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
These types of shootings aside; I wonder what happened in the 1960's that caused violent crime to increase dramatically, only decreasing starting in the 90's, but still well above pre-WW2 levels. It is not access to firearms, that has always existed, is it drugs? Did the 1960's hippie movements cause a large breakdown in social/cultural norms? What caused this and is it related to incidents such as school shootings?
Not many people talk about this, but nearly all the recent mass shooters were under psychotropic drugs. Yet it's about guns? We don't blame the alcohol when something's gets arrested for DUI, and we don't blame the bomb in the Boston Marathon bombing. What we want to ban is violence, murder, and insanity, but we don't talk about that because we ALL know that violence is built in the human condition and likely always will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies