Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 02:03 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
What law? A stupid one passed by ignorant leftists.

In WA it's RCW 9.41.113 that requires even private sales between friends to go to a licensed dealer and pay to have a background check done and form 4473 filled out. Of course since that law was passed there have been exactly 0 people prosecuted for violating it and as expected it has had absolutely no impact on reducing "gun crime" in WA, in fact in Seattle violent crime was up in 2017.
What if no money is exchanged as in giving a shotgun as a gift to your grandson? Perfectly legal in most States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Terrorism is the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims. That, my dear, is the NRA and the Republican party.
The Left is clearly the instigators here. They use this word trick all the time.
They thow a brick thorough a window then blame the person inside the house for reacting.

Old 02-19-2018, 03:16 PM

29,500 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Of course it went to Republicans. Is that something you didn't know?

Republicans are defenders of gun rights. Patriots. Ever notice which party aligns itself with each position?
Soft on crime Democrats take their marching orders from big-city crazies like Bloomberg. A known gun-grabber.

That's always been money down the toilet, but the more the Left flushes the better. Less money for their other social giveaways!

I donated about $200 to the NRA last year. Money well spent.

Exactly, I am thankful to have the NRA fighting for our side.

Old 02-19-2018, 04:34 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
What if no money is exchanged as in giving a shotgun as a gift to your grandson? Perfectly legal in most States.
What part of ALL FIREARMS TRANSFERS or transactions do you not understand? ALL means every. single. transaction. Yes, giving a firearm as a gift IS a "transaction" or a "transfer". I hope your grandson is 18 or older, or he will NOT pass the Background Check, and giving him the gun will be illegal.
If you want to loan him a rifle to go deer hunting, guess what? YOU have to do a BGC on him, and when he returns it to you he must have a BGC done on you before he can legally give your own gun back to you!
Of course, that only applies (at the present time) to residents of Washington State.
I hope it stays that way. I don't want it in Montana, and I certainly don't want to see it at the Federal level.

Old 02-19-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
What part of ALL FIREARMS TRANSFERS or transactions do you not understand? ALL means every. single. transaction. Yes, giving a firearm as a gift IS a "transaction" or a "transfer". I hope your grandson is 18 or older, or he will NOT pass the Background Check, and giving him the gun will be illegal.
If you want to loan him a rifle to go deer hunting, guess what? YOU have to do a BGC on him, and when he returns it to you he must have a BGC done on you before he can legally give your own gun back to you!
Of course, that only applies (at the present time) to residents of Washington State.
I hope it stays that way. I don't want it in Montana, and I certainly don't want to see it at the Federal level.
Slow down. If there is no record, there is no transfer. I can buy a firearm and then turn around and give it as a gift. The End.
Virginia has no such regulation, and doubt even in States where such stupidity prevails that there is significant compliance

Old 02-19-2018, 07:40 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I probably should not respond to such tripe, other than to say I'm a registered gun owner with a CC permit (in Illinois you need 16 hours of instruction to get a CC permit, but since I'm a veteran, I only needed 8 hours)
Good for you. I guess then, that you think you have more of a right to own or carry than someone else? Did you earn the "right" by serving? Just wanting to know your opinion on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies