Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 02:56 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
Well, you do not need to determine it, but if to determine, the original sin goes back to the western powers interfering with the Russian Civil War and immediate actions after.

But as mentioned, no need to determine it, the responsible and adult thing is you do not continue this "Hatfield & McCoy", you do not do it with your significant other, children, and sure as hell should not do it in international affairs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
This debate is all about defending ourselves. Why doesn't Trump want defend the nation? Do you want the nation defended against from future attacks? Why doesn't Trump or the GOP?
How to you propose to defend? Ban foreign nations from using Facebook? From tweeting? You think they should not worry about other nations reciprocating? (thus losing channels of influence)?

Exactly what you want Trump to do? What you want Congress (not just the GOP) to do?

My idea is first we stop meddling in other countries' internal affairs. My second idea is that we do not allow any contributions other than from people who can vote, and those contributions can only go to people they can vote for.

Old 02-19-2018, 03:07 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
How to you propose to defend? Ban foreign nations from using Facebook? From tweeting? You think they should not worry about other nations reciprocating? (thus losing channels of influence)?

Exactly what you want Trump to do? What you want Congress (not just the GOP) to do?

My idea is first we stop meddling in other countries' internal affairs. My second idea is that we do not allow any contributions other than from people who can vote, and those contributions can only go to people they can vote for.
We know Putin will interfere in the midterms. The US should impose economic sanctions, Cyber-retaliation, expel Russian diplomats, and there are more than a few clandestine options.

I would not play dead.

Old style conservatives, I mean the real conservatives, would be aghast at our attitude.

They would not stand-by as the US was being raped by the Russians..

Last edited by TreeBeard; 02-19-2018 at 04:32 PM..

Old 02-19-2018, 03:13 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
We know Putin will interfere in the midterms. The US should impose economic sanctions, Cyber-retaliation, expel Russian diplomats, and there are more than a few clandestine options.

I would not play dead.

Old style conservatives, I mean the real conservatives, not these fools who pass themselves off as conservatives these days, would be aghast at our attitude.

Other than giving our uranium to The Russians in exchange for millions to the Clintons, how has Russia raped the US?

Old 02-19-2018, 03:15 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Mueller was assigned as Special Counsel to determine if Russia interfered in the 2016 election, no?

Old 02-19-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Mueller was assigned as Special Counsel to determine if Russia interfered in the 2016 election, no?
Nope, he was hired to try to dig up dirt on Trump because The Establishment didn't like the President the deplorables elected.

Old 02-19-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Other than giving our uranium to The Russians in exchange for millions to the Clintons, how has Russia raped the US?
Trump is giving the Russians carte blanche consent to interfere in our elections. His very refusal to impose sanctions is his consent.

No one except Trump, and a handful of Trump supporters, disputes Russian meddling.

Rape is in the violation of our sacrosanct Constitutional prerogatives and continued violations of our Republic and democratic institutions.

As I mentioned in my previous post, conservatives like yourself argue the US deserved it.

I do not.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 02-19-2018 at 04:34 PM..

Old 02-19-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Trump is giving the Russians carte blanche consent to interfere in our elections. His very refusal to impose sanctions is his consent.

No one except Trump, and a handful of Trump supporters, disputes Russian meddling.

Rape is in the violation of our sacrosanct Constitutional prerogatives and continued violations of our Republic and democratic institutions.

As I mentioned in my previous post, "conservatives" like yourself argue the US deserved it.

I do not.
Obama interfered in their elections and Russians interfered in ours under Obama's watch and Obama has said there is no way that Russian interference had any impact on the result. You don't trust or believe what Obama said?

Old 02-19-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:

I would not play dead.

Old style conservatives, I mean the real conservatives, not these fools who pass themselves off as conservatives these days, would be aghast at our attitude.

Do you think the same should be imposed on the US when we interfere? Is posting Facebook posts all of a sudden illegal? Aside from identify theft and other things, what law did they exactly break that would considered "meddling?"

Old 02-19-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Obama interfered in their elections and Russians interfered in ours under Obama's watch and Obama has said there is no way that Russian interference had any impact on the result. You don't trust or believe what Obama said?
I have written in other threads that Obama was weak and feckless on Russia. I make no excuses for Obama's failure on Russia.

But Obama is not President, is he? Trump is.

So should the US defend itself against Russian interference and meddling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies