Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2018, 02:48 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Think about the fact that the AK47 is the most mass produced and widely used assault rifle on the planet, do you really think new ones have not been making their way into the US for years, despite a ban on all new models? LOL

If criminal groups can CONSISTENTLY get enough drugs into EVERY state, enough to cause major epidemics, I doubt moving guns around would be any more difficult, where ever there is a demand, someone WILL supply it.
Predicting failure is easy. But Australia did not fail, did it? And it's not full of AK 47's is it? And isn't the murder and suicide rate down for Australia?

Comparing drugs, which can be either grown or manufactured just about everywhere, to firearms, which require engineering and machinists, is just silly. There is no comparison. Countries which have banned certain types of firearms no longer have huge numbers of those firearms to deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 02:50 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
So many ways to get just about anything you want in this country, including guns.

Order a machine-gun online via Darknet/TOR.

Old 02-28-2018, 02:51 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
Except the war on guns worked in Canada, Australia, Great Britain, basically every first world country except the US....
Another poster fresh of the boat. The Aussies turned 600 thousands guns not 350 million....And I'd bet they didn't turn them all in....

Old 02-28-2018, 02:52 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
So the criminals in Australia didn't care about the laws or buy back programs. I guess I can find out that Australia's murder rates are high....? Oh wait they are not....so what gives?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Predicting failure is easy. But Australia did not fail, did it? And it's not full of AK 47's is it? And isn't the murder and suicide rate down for Australia?

Comparing drugs, which can be either grown or manufactured just about everywhere, to firearms, which require engineering and machinists, is just silly. There is no comparison. Countries which have banned certain types of firearms no longer have huge numbers of those firearms to deal with.

Don't you guys ever read links? This was Post 4.

//www.city-data.com/forum/51172028-post4.html

Old 02-28-2018, 02:53 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
How do we stop the underground gun market?
Build a wall on your southern border with Mexico.

Old 02-28-2018, 02:56 PM

1,330 posts, read 699,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Is this your first day? This argument has been trundled out 100 times and put down the same 100 times...
Ok. Show me a source where a bunch of untrained civilians went up against the US military and won. And no, I'm not talking about walking around with a vest full of explosives and committing suicide. They've got a term for this - Suicide by cop.

I think if a gun recall were to ever happen, it would go a lot more peaceful than some posters would like to imagine. People might not be happy, but you're not going to get a wild-west shootout like they would like you to believe. Strangely enough, they value their own lives more than getting shot and killed.

Old 02-28-2018, 03:14 PM

590 posts, read 555,051 times
Quote:
We all saw the news regarding Dicks Sporting Goods not selling the AR anymore. I think its good.

But one thing my ultra right winged father-in-law always fires back on is the guns at Dicks isn't the problem. Rather its the guns on the underground market (pawn shops, Uncle Bob's trunk of his car, etc). Lets say for a second no civilian can purchase a gun at Dicks or other sporting good store. How do we eradicate the secondary market of "bad guys" getting the AR guns? I think it's possible to do this but will be a challenge. Guns is not a problem in Australia, for example. How did they get rid of guns on the secondary market?
I hate to break it to you but pawn shops have to obtain a FFL, just like sporting goods stores in order to sell guns, and they are required to do background checks on gun purchasers, even if a person pawns a gun of any kind, when they're ready to pick it up they are required to run a background check on the person.

As for the secondary/private market, I woujldn't worry about them too much, the black and underground market is the problem and undercover police work can bust such illegal markets.

It's incredible that some think putting laws in place to ban or restrict the sales of one type of firearms will make mass shootings non-existent, instead of addressing the root cause of the problem, mental illness.

Old 02-28-2018, 03:30 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
Ok. Show me a source where a bunch of untrained civilians went up against the US military and won. And no, I'm not talking about walking around with a vest full of explosives and committing suicide. They've got a term for this - Suicide by cop.

I think if a gun recall were to ever happen, it would go a lot more peaceful than some posters would like to imagine. People might not be happy, but you're not going to get a wild-west shootout like they would like you to believe. Strangely enough, they value their own lives more than getting shot and killed.
First, how many in the US military will open fire on their fellow citizens? Second, they won't be using any heavy artillery or bombs because of collateral damage. We already limit collateral damage in the sandbox. They would definitely limit it over here.

That leaves small arms against small arms. It would be stupid to go up against a trained military face to face so we take another page from the guerilla tactics handbook and fight dirty. Strike quickly and blend back into the crowd so you look like collateral damage.

And it's not the number of military killed that will end this, it will be who is removed from power. https://westernrifleshooters.wordpre...w-at-the-coup/ Well placed shots will get a better response.

Old 02-28-2018, 03:50 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
So the criminals in Australia didn't care about the laws or buy back programs. I guess I can find out that Australia's murder rates are high....? Oh wait they are not....so what gives?
There never was a lot of violence in that country to begin with.

Old 02-28-2018, 04:16 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Default Obama's Not Coming For Your Guns. Trump, OTOH...

...Is ready to come and get them. Anyone ready to change your mind about voting for him...?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ess-sot-nr.cnn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies