Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 10:27 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,589,359 times

Advertisements

I'm seeing from the trending #TwitterLockout tag that tons of people, who all seem to be conservative, are having issues being locked out tonight. (I wasn't one of them, but,on the other hand, like many of them have also complained, I'm bleeding followers despite having more and more people following me.)

With the Veritas video, Senator Cruz needs to bring down the hammer on Twitler for their thought police actions. If they can be political, that makes them responsible for all the stuff ISIS and others do on their network according to the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 10:48 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Don't care for their editorial policy? Quit the Twit.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:57 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Yep. I'm going through my list of followers right now. I have some who do post controversial things, but surprisingly, most of them are still fine. Most of the ones who are locked out are people who join those "MAGA Train" retweet follows.

This isn't about controversial things being said, one of them only posts pet photos. She never posts anything else, and they locked her out, too. Many of them are very tame on Twitter, hardly ever even post, and they are locked. I lost 65 followers in a matter of minutes. (They didn't actually "unfollow" they are locked out.)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevle.../#6ab7d1aa65f5

Quote:
...When asked for comment on several specific claims made in the videos, a Twitter spokesperson issued a statement saying “The individuals depicted in this video were speaking in a personal capacity and do not represent or speak for Twitter” and that “Twitter is committed to enforcing our rules without bias and empowering every voice on our platform, in accordance with the Twitter Rules.”
That is a bald faced lie. As I said, the majority of the people locked out right now, out of my followers, are merely Conservatives. They don't actually say anything controversial. One posts photos of pets. One posts photos of beautiful sceneries in Europe. Quite a few of them talk even nicer than most from the left or right on this forum, if they "tweet" at all. This isn't about censoring people for what they said, this isn't about anyone breaking rules, so that argument above is invalid, it's about them censoring people who are Conservatives.

Again, most of those who are locked out are those who followed fellow Conservatives via a "MAGA Train" retweet.

Project Veritas was right.

This is going to backfire on Twitter.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 02-20-2018 at 11:11 PM..

Old 02-20-2018, 11:13 PM

Gab now has something up: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1mrGmRdodqWJy

Old 02-20-2018, 11:19 PM

Also, Twitter has been caught labeling inoffensive material as "potentially offensive" so that it has that censor label over it too (and not just lately either). I've seen them do it to people too.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Don't care for their editorial policy? Quit the Twit.
While the Left persecuted bakers and photographers for simple refusal to use their creative talents in a way that they found offensive? This is flat out communism! This is NOT the America I want to live in where liberals are first class citizens and the rest of us are treated like crap!

Old 02-20-2018, 11:28 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Followers?

I am happy when my dogs follow me.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:32 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,631,156 times
TWITTER is for "twits"...oops I mean the "Tangerine Nightmare" followers.

Old 02-21-2018, 12:29 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,240,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
I'm seeing from the trending #TwitterLockout tag that tons of people, who all seem to be conservative, are having issues being locked out tonight. (I wasn't one of them, but,on the other hand, like many of them have also complained, I'm bleeding followers despite having more and more people following me.)

You really think Twitter locking people out for one night is going to make a dent on anything????????

I don't know if some right-wingers are just hypersensitive or got too much time on their hands.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:34 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,135,112 times
Twitter isn't just doing it to "Conservatives." They sabotaged the police corruption movement and employ someone who targeted activists in that movement and sabotaged them. Literally defamed them

The entire "Black Lives Matter" thing was a scam. Deray McKesson, who's works with Twitter "providing support" was literally smacked and ran out of Ferguson during the protests for stealing.

I've honestly been amazed at what they've gotten away with. It's one thing to have TOS, but what they're doing is borderline criminal, if not criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies