Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 03:43 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,617,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What is wrong with that guy?

He's nutty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 05:12 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,810,386 times
Interesting. The memo seems to have a lot of support among some posters who are quick to offer a snippy reply.

Whereas, when Mueller files indictments against Trump campaign officials or Russians, a different set of posters:

Write lengthy replies that analyze points in detail;
Demonstrate they know the history of the issue;
Perhaps foretell a little future;
Include a quote from a third source; and
Cite references.

I am reminded here of when I was a teenager.

When I was in a group of other teenage boys, each time a girl walked past, they all said something predictable. Whereas, I was observing the other guys.

Now look back at each response since my original post.

"Nunes' latest query is part of what the Republican congressman has called "phase two " of his investigation, focusing on potential corruption at the State Department. Nunes has said he hopes to release up to five more memos ."

Rep. Devin Nunes' 10 questions for the FBI on the Trump-Russia dossier - Business Insider

I guess we should put a silver star on his forehead for this memo. Unlike the first memo, it is shorter and doesn't negates all the talking points he hoped to achieve.

Note: No gold stars will ever be given to Trump or merry band out of respect.

This said he is still accusing the DOJ/SD of having lied. Like an idiot, he is playing truth or dare and expecting seasons professions to fall into some sort of trap.

I think Trump's attorney Cohen wrote a fitting reply to Nunes' memo when he replied to his own request for information. The difference is Cohen just wanted to avoid telling the truth and the DOJ/SD already told the truth.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:12 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,359,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
He refused to take out the classified info that was all strewn through it. It was a staged act from the beginning.
I saw where it was supposed to be released this week, maybe tomorrow. I love the White House's new concern about disclosing classified information.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Show me where the FBI continues to consult Christopher Steele. He was fired for breaking the cardinal sin of the FBI. He is absolutely not a "reliable source". It's like me claiming Gen Michael Flynn is a reliable source, except I wouldn't say something that kooky.
The FBI continued to consult with Steele after they fired him. He has spent decades as an MI6 agent, why wouldn't he be used as a source.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:02 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,118,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He was fired because he went to the media, the FBI continued to consult with him. He is still considered a reliable source.
The information in the dossier didn't come from Steele, whatever the FBI thought abut Steele's credibility is meaningless.

The information from the dossier came from Russians, and as we recently learned, some of it came from Sidney Blumenthal, and Cody Shearer. Those sources couldn't be less reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
The FISA court used more than the dossier to approve warrants on Page. They did not have the dossier the first three times...
Not true, the dosser was used in the first application in October 2016.

Quote:
The FBI continued to consult with Steele after they fired him. He has spent decades as an MI6 agent, why wouldn't he be used as a source.
Because he released confidential information about an ongoing investigation.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:52 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,761,464 times
Quote:
Bump for goodnight...

Where does it say the FBI continued to consult him after they fired him for lying & leaking? Where does it say he was considered a reliable source?

You like to make false accusations and then disappear when called on them. Let's see some evidence of your claims.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:16 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,525,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
The FISA court used more than the dossier to approve warrants on Page. They did not have the dossier the first three times...
The FISA court did use info from the dossier. The question is, would the Court have approved the warrants without that information.

The FBI admits to receiving the dossier in mid-September, and didn't apply for the 1st warrant until October.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:44 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,810,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The FISA court did use info from the dossier. The question is, would the Court have approved the warrants without that information.

The FBI admits to receiving the dossier in mid-September, and didn't apply for the 1st warrant until October.
Allow me to correct your mistakes.....Here it is with the full facts.

The FISA court did not soley use info from the dossier. Page had come to the FBI's attention long before they even saw the Dossier. Further, Papadopoulos helped independently confirm elements of the Dossier, which was cited as coming from a political source. There is no question it would have been approved without that information.

The FBI admits to receiving the dossier in mid-September, and didn't apply for the 1st warrant until October

Old 02-25-2018, 04:15 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,525,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Allow me to correct your mistakes.....Here it is with the full facts.

The FISA court did not soley use info from the dossier. Page had come to the FBI's attention long before they even saw the Dossier. Further, Papadopoulos helped independently confirm elements of the Dossier, which was cited as coming from a political source. There is no question it would have been approved without that information.

The FBI admits to receiving the dossier in mid-September, and didn't apply for the 1st warrant until October
No mistake. I didn't write that the warrant was based Solely on the dossier. I'll put it this way. Would the Court have issued the warrant based on what the FBI knew before the FBI got the dossier ? Better ?

We know they didn't apply for a warrant Before the dossier showed up. Coincidence ? Maybe. We also know Steele started turning his memos over to FUSION in June, and:

'word of a dossier had begun to spread through political circles. Rick Wilson, a Republican political operative who was working for a super PAC supporting Marco Rubio, said he heard about it in July, when an investigative reporter for a major news network called him to ask what he knew.'

Old 02-25-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Bump for goodnight...

Where does it say the FBI continued to consult him after they fired him for lying & leaking? Where does it say he was considered a reliable source?

You like to make false accusations and then disappear when called on them. Let's see some evidence of your claims.
g
The FBI terminated their relationship with Steele when he went to the media, not for lying or leaking.
He was a professional for decades and had connections to Ukraine, he was also key in the World Soccer investigation so even though there was no formal connection he could still share valuable information. He didn't suddenly become an unreliable source because he went to the media.

Quote:
Another item that was not included in the Page FISA warrant application was the fact that even after his termination, Steele remained in close contact with DOJ official Bruce Ohr –whose wife, Nellie Ohr, was employed by Fusion GPS, where she assisted in the compilation of materials for the dossier. That relationship with Steele and the Ohrs was “inexplicably concealed from the FISC.”

FISA memo: Steele fired as an FBI source for breaking 'cardinal rule' --leaking to the media | Fox News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies