Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 12:46 PM

4,066 posts, read 2,281,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Choosing to denigrate an entire group of people based on the actions of a few is always a rock solid plan. Trying to understand how that is any different than the racist cop thinking the young AA man he stopped is a thug because other AAs are thugs. Oh wait, it's exactly the same mentality.

This Florida officer was a chicken, there are other officers that put their life on the line every single day. For that I am thankful for their protection.
Well said!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 09:44 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,867,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
People like you have been a dime a dozen since the beginning of time. In my own life I remember you from the Viet Nam protestors, the flower children and the drop outs of the 60's. And later, the human shields in Baghdad.

Your opinion doesn't count. You pretend to be intellectually superior and believe that you have all the answers and no questions at all. I have seen where you posted your "thoughts" on veterans who served in various wars and seen how you view patriots as clueless suckers, who, if recognized at all, should be pitied. The real heroes, you have stated, are the ones who left the country in the 60's in order to avoid the draft.

You?
If people who evaded the draft in the 60s -- by whatever means, including scheming to "fail" the physical examination -- annoy you, what say you about "patriots" like Trump? Ted Nugent (called those in the military "imbeciles")? Rudy Giuliani? Newt Gingrich? Mitt Romney?

Tough-talking candyasses, every one of 'em.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:57 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,950,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
By the way, private police already exist in many 3rd world countries. Rich people bribe the police to get away with whatever they want while the poor are left helpless.

That is how banana republics work.
That is how the runner-up libertarian US presidential candidate in 2016 'worked' in Belize & Guatemala.

Old 02-26-2018, 06:09 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,430,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
A perfect example of a self-refuting & self-defeating idea or statement:
You can believe in fairy tales if you want, Chi.

I ain't gonna stop ya.

Now if you would only take down that gun you have aimed at my head maybe we could get somewhere.

Old 02-26-2018, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Backwordz rules. Eric July is the vocalist. He's hood AF, from Dallas, but got woke. He also has a couple freestyles called "ancap rap." If you Twitter, follow him.

OMG I want an Ancap lawyer! He doesn't know anyone in Denver, does he?
Eric July is no Tom Morello:

Quote:
...In October 2009, Morello, among a number of musicians, sued the U.S. government for the declassification of all documents relating to the use of music in interrogations at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp. He stated, "Guantanamo is known around the world as one of the places where human beings have been tortured -- from waterboarding to stripping, hooding and forcing detainees into humiliating sexual acts -- playing music for 72 hours in a row at volumes just below that to shatter the eardrums. Guantanamo may be Dick Cheney's idea of America, but it's not mine. The fact that music I helped create was used in crimes against humanity sickens me."[47][48]

...When Republican nominee for Vice President in the 2012 election Paul Ryan said that he liked the music of[51] Beethoven, Rage Against the Machine and Led Zeppelin,[52][53] Morello responded with an op-ed in Rolling Stone stating that, "Paul Ryan's love for Rage Against The Machine is amusing, because he is the embodiment of the machine that our music has been raging against for two decades."[54][55][56]...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Morello

Old 02-26-2018, 06:22 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,881,975 times
Police really don't prevent much crime....they respond after one has been reported.Everyone,for their own safety should take a safety course and get a carry permit.There are many very lightweight smaller caliber hand guns that are easy to carry concealed and I wouldn't leave the house without one.
Do you actually believe that if you were approached by someone intent on robbing or hurting you that a police officer would be close by to protect you?
I can't imagine the feeling of impending doom that you would feel if attacked by an armed person with no way to defend yourself or your family.
Here is one example of many that stick in my mind.
Two young married doctors in Boston had their luxury condo invaded recently by a person who had gotten a job with security in the building.He threatened them with a knife but the husband had time to get to the bedroom where he frantically called 911 as well as a friend who lived near by.They both ended up tied to chairs with duct tape and he sliced their throats one at a time.The police burst in shortly after and he was wounded and arrested him.He is now facing trial.
If that doctor had had a hand gun in his bedroom instead of a cell phone,they would both be alive today.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:45 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,134,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Eric July is no Tom Morello:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Morello
Eric July is no Tom Morello. Tom Morello is a raging hypocrite and a complete phony.

Guitarist Tom Morello, most famous for his guitar playing in the band Rage Against The Machine, has a net worth of $30 million.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...llo-net-worth/

Tom Morello's House in Los Angeles, CA - Virtual Globetrotting

Old 02-26-2018, 11:14 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,975,951 times
Tell it to the snowflake gun grabbing liberals. They are the ones that think the cops are going to be there to save their asses if they are in a deadly situation, Surprise buttercup they will be there 15 minutes after you are dead.

Old 03-01-2018, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You can believe in fairy tales if you want, Chi.

I ain't gonna stop ya.

Now if you would only take down that gun you have aimed at my head maybe we could get somewhere.

Sheeesh, always with the drama!

As for fairy tales try this one on for size:

If Ayn Rand Had Written Harry Potter

Quote:
...Give me your wand, boy,” Voldemort hissed.

“I cannot do that. This wand represents my wealth, which is itself a tangible result of my achievements. Wealth is the product of man’s capacity to think,” Harry said bravely.

Voldemort gasped.

“There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist.”

Voldemort began to melt. Harry lit a cigarette, because he was the master of fire.

“The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. The minimum wage is a tax on the successful. The market will naturally dictate the minimum wage without the government stepping in to determine arbitrary limits.”

Voldemort howled.

“I’m going to sell copies of my wand at an enormous markup,” Harry said, “and you can buy one like everyone else.”

Voldemort had been defeated.

“He hated us for our freedom,” Ron said.

“No, Ron,” Harry said. “He hated us for our free markets.”

Hermione ached with desire for the both of them to master her, but nobody paid her any attention. They had empires to build. ...
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/kXm7f

Old 03-01-2018, 05:08 AM

27,419 posts, read 13,649,243 times
Give all teachers magic wands like Harry Potter's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies