Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 07:16 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,359 times

Advertisements

I suspect Atlanta just fell off the Amazon HQ2 finalist list. Oops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 07:20 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Well Folks Now Delta Airline is a free agent and can go where the best financial package is. Delta Airline is going to win whether they stay in Georgia or leave Georgia in a cloud of dust , looking back from theirs rear view mirror.
Bloodsucker corporations like Delta can do whatever they want within the law, but being partisan and attacking conservatives isn't really honoring free market, promoting liberty or very proper way for corporations to act.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:23 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Who says NRA has no influence on state and national legislators?

Delta is Georga’s #1 private sector employer.

No shortage of other cities, regardless of partisanship, welcome Delta to relocate their headquarters.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:25 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
I suspect Atlanta just fell off the Amazon HQ2 finalist list. Oops.
They'll live.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:33 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
If they were doing it for that reason I might. The reality is they're doing it for the wrong reasons. You're just celebrating that they picked your preferred winner instead of being upset that they are picking winners and losers instead of staying out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
It's not about making Delta part of the free market. It's about them "punishing" Delta for the only reason being is that Delta is making NRA and non-NRA members pay the same price. If the legislators were Liberal you'll be howling over the moon over this, and big government in general.
To be honest I don't care if Delta removed discounts for NRA members or not. Shoot, I'm an NRA member and never even knew about it and likely wouldn't have used it anyway. Plus, I'm not the boycott type as I think they're pointless so if Delta has a good fare, I'll continue to fly it. It's the selective outrage at what the GA legislature did that's amusing me. So corporate welfare is bad unless it's removed because of a reason you don't like? That's the thing, if you're asking the govt for a handout, don't be surprised if they cut you off when you do something they disagree with. Moral of the story - be careful depending on govt handouts unless you want to beholden to said govt's whims and wishes.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:40 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
To those who say that Georgia is simply going back to a free market: Get real, morons. The legislators made it clear that this move was specifically intended to punish Delta.

You right-wing apologists just amaze me sometimes.
Couldn't agree more.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Bloodsucker corporations like Delta can do whatever they want within the law, but being partisan and attacking conservatives isn't really honoring free market, promoting liberty or very proper way for corporations to act.
Delta made clear they support the Constitution and made the business decision to remain neutral in the current national debate.

NRA is free to negotiate discounts for group sales with other carriers.

NRA members are free to fly another carrier.

That’s how the free market works.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
To be honest I don't care if Delta removed discounts for NRA members or not. Shoot, I'm an NRA member and never even knew about it and likely wouldn't have used it anyway. Plus, I'm not the boycott type as I think they're pointless so if Delta has a good fare, I'll continue to fly it. It's the selective outrage at what the GA legislature did that's amusing me. So corporate welfare is bad unless it's removed because of a reason you don't like? That's the thing, if you're asking the govt for a handout, don't be surprised if they cut you off when you do something they disagree with. Moral of the story - be careful depending on govt handouts unless you want to beholden to said govt's whims and wishes.
As I understand it the discount was applicable to only group sales.

Most folk don’t purchase airline tickets as a part of a group sale.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:45 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Delta made clear they support the Constitution and made the business decision to remain neutral in the current national debate.

NRA is free to negotiate discounts for group sales with other carriers.

NRA members are free to fly another carrier.

That’s how the free market works.
What baloney. Delta like many corporations took a partisan positon and tried to virtue signal by siding against a conservative group. I'm tired of corporations being partisan and helping dictate progressivism, globalism and all our economic policies in their favor. These global corporation are acting like they are emperors.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:48 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LAWL.

Delta isn't going to leave Hartsfield Airport in Atlanta.

(then again Cuomo is as big as an idiot as his brother on CNN)
Especially to go to one of the most backwards, regressive states in the nation, with the highest taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies