Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 08:43 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

Actually, it's the other people who take his joke seriously. They are to be pitied, and ignored with the contempt they deserve, since he was obviously kidding.

The ones who "take his comment seriously" don't, of course. They merely think they can fool others into believing it, and so they seize the opportunity to tell the lie.

And only a complete idiot would say something like that joking or not. You don't know he was kidding or if he wasn't none of us REALLY do. One can hope he was but even still as president it's a tacky thing to say, but no surprise that trump said it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 08:49 AM

18,744 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Was that before or after Trump "urged" Russia to produce Hilllary's 33,000 missing emails?

Actually, it's the other people who take his joke seriously. They are to be pitied, and ignored with the contempt they deserve, since he was obviously kidding.

The ones who "take his comment seriously" don't, of course. They merely think they can fool others into believing it, and so they seize the opportunity to tell the lie.

These are the people who have complete contempt for normal Americans, and think they are that stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
And only a complete idiot would say something like that joking or not. You don't know he was kidding or if he wasn't none of us REALLY do. One can hope he was but even still as president it's a tacky thing to say, but no surprise that trump said it.
And some of them, when they get caught, even double down, and try to pretend it wasn't as obvious as it was.

Just as they did for the Russia-find-Hillary's-33,000-emails thing. And of course they splutter and call names, having nothing else.

These people assume they have credibility they actually lost long ago. It's the main reason they keep losing: Nobody believes their tripe any more.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:12 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Wait! I thought Trump didn't even want to be president?

You guys said:

He's running as a joke
He'll never be the nominee
He'll never win the presidency
He'll resign and hand it over to Pence after inauguration because he didn't want it and didn't think he'd win
....yet somehow worked with Russia TO win...make up your minds...
He wants to be dictator for life

You guys also kept predicting his doom after each time he trolled you and then you found out the bus just ran you over....and he's doing it again! ....And you're eating it up again! See...with repetition you CAN learn to do exactly what he wants!
I never said any of those things. Go ahead and try to dig up a post of mine that backs your statement. Just like your president, you pulled that " fact" straight out of the ole rectum.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:42 AM

542 posts, read 448,583 times
Quote:
And some of them, when they get caught, even double down, and try to pretend it wasn't as obvious as it was.

Just as they did for the Russia-find-Hillary's-33,000-emails thing. And of course, they splutter and call names, having nothing else.

These people assume they have credibility they actually lost long ago. It's the main reason they keep losing: Nobody believes their tripe anymore.
I think he loves to throw out trial balloons and see how people react. If it doesn't work, he can always say he was joking. He has a long list of dictators he has thrown praise at. But for whatever reason, has insulted our allies who run democracies.

Here is his press conference. It is a strange mix of beseeching and begging for help with a dash of hope.
https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/ele...on-emails.html

excerpt:
“I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” the Republican nominee said at a news conference in Florida. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

He didn't appear to be joking when praising the Chinese leader Xi. He also has praised the Rodrigo Duterte, Tayyip Erdogan (Turkey is teetering on the edge of becoming a dictatorship), and Kim Jong Un not to mention Putin.

He seems to have a weak understanding of the constitution and the parts he does understand, a disdain for it

https://www.salon.com/2017/05/01/don...r-the-country/

During an interview with Fox News to discuss his first 100 days as president, Trump denounced the constitutional system of checks and balances as "archaic."

"It’s a very rough system. It’s an archaic system," Trump said. "It’s really a bad thing for the country."

Meanwhile, White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus told ABC on Sunday that the president is thinking about amending or even abolishing the First Amendment to stifle what they consider to be unfair media criticism. When asked by Jonathan Karl whether they had considered a constitutional amendment so that the president can sue his critics, Priebus responded: "I think it’s something that we’ve looked at. How that gets executed or whether that goes anywhere is a different story."

When you look at him and his view in totality, joking or not, it should be concerning to any American and/or those that love democracy.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:07 PM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Whoosh!
For someone who compares corporations to dictatorships. Nice

Old 03-04-2018, 12:10 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I never said any of those things. Go ahead and try to dig up a post of mine that backs your statement. Just like your president, you pulled that " fact" straight out of the ole rectum.
Did I say YOU? I don't think so....I said YOU GUYS! meaning lefties.....geessh!

Old 03-04-2018, 01:34 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Presidents can't make jokes?
Ha!
POTUS has no sense of humor. That requires intelligence.

When he has proven to have the intelligence and development of a 5th grade schoolyard bully, the financial friends of the utmost selfishness AND to regularly demonstrate the ambitions of Mussolini..

every word should be taken seriously.

Who the hell thinks they can thrive under Trumps rule is a fool or a conspirator to steal from the American taxpayer for PERSONAL GAIN.

EVERY move he has made since taking office has served to benefit the few. His Steel Deal benefited Ichan. That s IT!
Now, it will go nowhere.

The only joke is on the American people.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:39 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Of course it was an attempt at humor.
Donald Trump leads like a dictator. By installing his family in government, Bluring the lines of authority, keeping his family business going, hating the media and filling his government with military generals.
President Trump: 5 Ways He Leads Like a Middle East Dictator | Fortune
https://www.motherjones.com/politics...united-states/

Donald Trump also regularly praises dictators. Trump has praised Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong Un, Bashar al-Assad, Muammar Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein.
5 Controversial Dictators and Leaders Donald Trump Has Praised - ABC News

Trump even has the design tastes of a dictator.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-design-214877

How can you be so sure Trumps remarks were an attempt at humor (and not his subconscious mind saying something because of his inner desires to be a dictator or king) ??

Old 03-04-2018, 04:13 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,037,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
No, you just don't like the left, which is obvious from your post, so stop trying to act like you are some kind of a moderate, or someone from the middle ground. You are not.
Nope, not a moderate, and the only thing that makes me someone from the middle ground is the fact that I am not registered with ANY party, and I never will be. But you got one thing right, I just don't like the left. I will just keep voting the lesser of two evils, while you will blindly follow your party into the abyss whilst letting them think for you. That you would actually believe that anyone who does not support the left must automatically be on the right illustrates my point perfectly.

Trump might be a bit childish in making that quip about a president for life, but he knew exactly who he would pi$$ off when he said it. Congrats on playing into his game.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:53 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandViking View Post
Trump says maybe US will have a president for life someday - Business Insider

Chinese President Xi Jinping recently consolidated power. Trump told the gathering: "He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great." Trump added: "I think it's great. Maybe we'll give that a shot someday."

The dictator wannabe strikes again.
the fascist liberals have been pushing this for years

the facts are that there have been proposals (from both parties, but mostly from the dems) to eliminate the 22nd amendment

The most recent such proposal is H.J. 15, introduced by Rep. Jose E. Serrano of New York:Rep. Serrano a Democrat, stated that the purpose of his proposal for repealing the 22nd amendment is specifically to “pave the way to make a president for life”
Rep. Serrano has introduced the very same proposal to Congress every two years since 1997:
(in 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2001, 2013)
another Democrat, Rep. Steny Hoyer of Maryland, introduced a similar proposal six times in recent years, in 1995, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, and 2005

Rep. Barney Frank of Massachusetts (Democrat): 1995, 1997, and 1999

and a few others

not a single one of these proposals has ever been brought to a vote before Congress (they were all referred to committee and died there), much less passed and sent to the states for ratification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies