Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2018, 09:52 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times

Advertisements

Didn't hear much bashing about Trump......

Old 03-04-2018, 09:54 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
John Fugelsang just posted on Facebook
The best part of the Oscars is tomorrow's rightwing radio hosts screaming about how they don't care about the Oscars, for 3 full hours.
LOL
I mentioned on a realtime Oscar forum that it may well be the case that the Oscar folks simply decided they were going to get blowback regardless, so why not just do they show they wanted to do. Admirable.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:59 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
Here's the clip:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-to-upset-mike

Old 03-04-2018, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I don't watch the Oscars anymore, but was just reading some of the coverage, and being amazed how their agenda is so overt these days. These Chaos Masters are not even really trying to conceal their subversive nature anymore.

The "this is a joke, but its not really a joke" moment came during Kimmel's monologue when he said, "We don’t make films like Call Me by Your Name for the money. We make them to upset Mike Pence.”

What this "kidding not kidding" quip reveals is the Homosexual Lobby's agenda to promote their alternative lifestyles as being equal to normal ones. A desire that comes not from a quest for personal freedom, but for an irrational and aggressive desire for control over the thoughts and opinions of other people.

The "Love that dare not speak its name" has become the "love that won't shut up".

And Kimmel wants to make it clear that this is the only reason these films really exist. It isn't because the public has an appetite for them. There was really no untapped market for The Crying Game, Philadelphia, Brokeback Mountain, nor Call Me By Your Name, which from reading a few book reviews, is far more sick and twisted in its degree of perversion and fetishes than the mainstream erotic films that the movie-watching public, which is 90% heterosexual, actually did crave, such as Last Tango in Paris, 9 1/2 weeks, Eyes Wide Shut, or Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades sold more than 140 million copies worldwide).

By comparison, the book on which Call Me By Your Name is based, of the same title, has sold less than 35,000 copies.

The sales data alone demonstrates that there is literally no market for the movie. Most books that only sell in the five figures will never get a second publication, let alone turned into a movie. Its something the publisher will lose money on. The truth is because there are so few LGBTQ people, as a percentage of the population, there really is no viable market for "Gay Literature". Its a niche, and it will always be a niche, because 90%+ of the reading population is straight.

Anyway, I just thought how bizarre it is to see Skinny Kimmel actually tell the truth about something. I gotta say I liked him better fat. When he had the Juggies and seemed like a cool dude. Guess THAT was the act, and this taunting ghoul is the REAL one.
Hollywood trolled you good. You folks are so predictable...

Old 03-04-2018, 10:12 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Hollywood trolled you good. You folks are so predictable...
Its not trolling. That was the naked truth.

Kimmel was being serious as a heart attack....and did you watch the audience?

All the Hollyweirdos were clapping like trained seals.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:14 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
I don't watch the Oscars anymore, but was just reading some of the coverage, and being amazed how their agenda is so overt these days. These Chaos Masters are not even really trying to conceal their subversive nature anymore.

The "this is a joke, but its not really a joke" moment came during Kimmel's monologue when he said, "We don’t make films like Call Me by Your Name for the money. We make them to upset Mike Pence.”

What this "kidding not kidding" quip reveals is the Homosexual Lobby's agenda to promote their alternative lifestyles as being equal to normal ones. A desire that comes not from a quest for personal freedom, but for an irrational and aggressive desire for control over the thoughts and opinions of other people.

The "Love that dare not speak its name" has become the "love that won't shut up".

And Kimmel wants to make it clear that this is the only reason these films really exist. It isn't because the public has an appetite for them. There was really no untapped market for The Crying Game, Philadelphia, Brokeback Mountain, nor Call Me By Your Name, which from reading a few book reviews, is far more sick and twisted in its degree of perversion and fetishes than the mainstream erotic films that the movie-watching public, which is 90% heterosexual, actually did crave, such as Last Tango in Paris, 9 1/2 weeks, Eyes Wide Shut, or Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades sold more than 140 million copies worldwide).

By comparison, the book on which Call Me By Your Name is based, of the same title, has sold less than 35,000 copies.

The sales data alone demonstrates that there is literally no market for the movie. Most books that only sell in the five figures will never get a second publication, let alone turned into a movie. Its something the publisher will lose money on. The truth is because there are so few LGBTQ people, as a percentage of the population, there really is no viable market for "Gay Literature". Its a niche, and it will always be a niche, because 90%+ of the reading population is straight.

Anyway, I just thought how bizarre it is to see Skinny Kimmel actually tell the truth about something. I gotta say I liked him better fat. When he had the Juggies and seemed like a cool dude. Guess THAT was the act, and this taunting ghoul is the REAL one.
Your opening line is hilarious -- I dont' watch but I make sure to catch every comment made so then I can go on a rant all about it.

LOL.

So basically -- what you just said is -- I don't form my own opinions -- I form them from what others report on what is happening and then I react.

Good for you-- but I will rely on my first hand experience...oh I didn't read the rest of your rant because it is based on something you heard from someone else....

LOL.

So funny -- so ridiculous

Old 03-04-2018, 10:16 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:

Jimmy Kimmel is a PITA. He thinks the public is clamoring not to be entertained, but to be preached to, the way he assumes that viewers want to hear his political diatribes.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:19 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:

No they were laughing and clapping because they were laughing at folks like you.

Sorry you lose.

Tonight those liberal -- disgusting beasts won...they ruled your world and thoughts and made you retaliate.

Trolled like no President could troll you...mwahahaha.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:20 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
The victimhood is strong with this one. Totally didn't watch, yet has links to offensive clips at the ready.

But good on you for conclusively proving that there is no market for tickets to Brokeback Mountain. I guess the $150M+ box office figure is LGBT propaganda.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:

If the definition of trolling is to consciously do something to elicit a emotional response, then yes, you got supremely trolled and are acting predictably. But do feel free to rant away...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies