Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2018, 07:37 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,335,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You seem to be a little confused...

Snowflakes is the word to describe those who voted for Hillary and can't accept she lost.
Actually, I'm not the one who is "confused." It is a mainstream word used for many. Please try to keep up. You will not read that on Breitbart.

An example are the all the snowflake's complaints in this thread about Hollywood. The people who claim to hate the awards the most, who have negative opinions, who "really don't care about the awards" have posted most of the irrelevant and snarky opinions just so we can all know the disdain they hold for Hollywood, films and actors, even though they are the only one who care about it.

And for all the disingenuous snark that snowflakes post about Hollywood, I'm betting--they watch tv and films and then whine about the people who produce them. Sad!

"...A very sensitive person. Someone who is easily hurt or offended by the statements or actions of others..."

"..This has nothing to do with politics. Snowflakes can be liberal or conservative. Whether it is a compliment or an insult is a matter of opinion and depends on the context..."

Old 03-05-2018, 07:39 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,129,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why do you think taking care of the family means so little? Compare how the kids turn out that come from single parent families vs two parent families. Yea motherhood doesn't matter much.
You do know that women are capable of much more than just motherhood, right? No, you're a conservative. You probably don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
In short progressivism is a known failure which is why there is very little in the way of discussing policy.

It's always about policy.
Progressivsm is what accounts for every advancement in human history. You are typing on a computer connected to the world because of progressive thinking and innovation. It's no accident that all the technology companies making huge leaps forward are created and owned by progressives.

It's noteworthy that you do not even attempt to deny that what I postulated in my post is what a conservative Hollywood would look like, so I will at least give you props for that. Even you know it to be true.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:40 AM

38,857 posts, read 25,652,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Well, that would eliminate documentaries and comedy completely, not to mention 98% of the writers, producers, directors, cast and crew of everything you watch.

So yeah, I'd probably watch all thirty minutes of everything that was left, out of curiosity.

The question is, why aren't conservatives capable of producing anything entertaining enough to make box office, or writing anything strong enough to attract conservative backers to make the show?

Ouch!

That had to leave a mark.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:43 AM

45,674 posts, read 24,153,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Never watched or cared about them. But I’m not surprised that hollywood is losing viewers for goving rapists awards in the name of “diversity.”
Some light reading for you --- not exactly what you made up in your head ---
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonatha.../#537bac324991

Old 03-05-2018, 07:44 AM

38,857 posts, read 25,652,085 times
Default The Hollywood agenda of forcing sexual deviancy down America's throats

Pubs/Trumplings yipping and yapping about "Hollywood is so unfair!"

Let me point out:

Elected to high office as Pubs:

tRump
Reagan
Arnold
Sonny Bono
Fred Thompson
Fred Gandy

Carry on.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:46 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,198,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Well, that would eliminate documentaries and comedy completely, not to mention 98% of the writers, producers, directors, cast and crew of everything you watch.

So yeah, I'd probably watch all thirty minutes of everything that was left, out of curiosity.

The question is, why aren't conservatives capable of producing anything entertaining enough to make box office, or writing anything strong enough to attract conservative backers to make the show?
that is probably one of the most stupid post I have seen, referring to the last paragraph!!!

Old 03-05-2018, 07:46 AM

1,225 posts, read 609,459 times
Well, it didn’t have the lowest viewership ever.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:47 AM

10,145 posts, read 6,534,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It would be a lot better. It'd be more like older movies and TV programming, much of it better than the newer weird and divisive stuff.
Bwhaha. Obviously you don't watch any REALLY old movies, like pre-code stuff in the early 30's. There was an awful lot of non-conservative goings-on in those movies you wouldn't like at all!

Old 03-05-2018, 07:48 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,198,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
What if feminism, LGBT, adultery, multiculturalism, etc were out and patriotism, traditional family, masculinity/true feminity, nationalism, etc were in?

Would you go to the movies more or less?
Nope, I just think the days of Hollywood and everyone has to see this or that movie are in the past. Even our grand kids and great grand kids do not go to the movies the way we did. It used to be a weekly activity for almost all kinds and not weekly, but certainly something adults did as well. No more!!

Old 03-05-2018, 07:49 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,521,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It would be a lot better. It'd be more like older movies and TV programming, much of it better than the newer weird and divisive stuff.
How old are you going back? Silent movie old?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies