Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 12:45 PM

1,081 posts, read 551,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
What are you talking about?
What does "families" have to do with

Is this more of that "mental acuity" you were talking about earlier?
Ok, scroll up to your previous post: Read your quote of me carefully. I think it's you with the mental acuity issue.

Additionally: What was this story about? Who was involved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2018, 12:57 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,934,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
Ok, scroll up to your previous post: Read your quote of me carefully.
You stated, and read your quote very carefully
Quote:
For starters, this happened in a Hooters. Not exactly a family friendly venue of morally upright citizenry
Now, somehow trying to support your original statement, you're asking me to take a poll about if Hooters is targeted at families.

What do you think is the link between "targeted at families" and "morally upright citizenry"?

Old 04-19-2018, 01:02 PM

1,081 posts, read 551,939 times
Quote:
You stated, and read your quote very carefully

Now, somehow trying to support your original statement, you're asking me to take a poll about if Hooters is targeted at families.

What do you think is the link between "targeted at families" and "morally upright citizenry"?
Seriously, I give up on you. You are one of those people who cut up what people say and then make an argument of it.

You win... I really don't have time for your bs.

Old 04-19-2018, 01:14 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,934,324 times
Quote:
Seriously, I give up on you. You are one of those people who cut up what people say and then make an argument of it.

You win... I really don't have time for your bs.
ROFL

Your claim is that Hooters isn't a venue for morally upright citizenry.
Quote:
For starters, this happened in a Hooters. Not exactly a family friendly venue of morally upright citizenry.

You then said that the people, and emphasized, that you knew, who went there were scumbags. As if the subset of people that you know are somehow representative of Hooters' clientele.
Quote:
But yes, the people I knew who went to Hooters I would classify as scumbags. It's not the food they were there for and they were definitely not morally upright individuals.
Which does absolutely nothing to show that Hooters is not a family friendly venue of morally upright citizenry. It only shows that some of the people that you hang around with you consider scumbags.

When called out on this you asked me to poll people on whether Hooters targeted families.
Quote:
If in doubt, start yourself a poll: Is Hooters targeted at families?
Which, if people say, "Yes, it is targeted at families" or "No, it is not targeted at families" has absolutely zero to do with whether or not Hooters is a "venue for morally upright citizenry".

I know your argument doesn't make a lick of sense
Anyone with minimal
Quote:
mental acuity
knows your argument doesn't make a lick of sense

The only question is if you realize that your argument doesn't make a lick of sense.

Have a good day

Old 04-19-2018, 02:49 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,614,820 times
Quote:
If in doubt, start yourself a poll: Is Hooters targeted at families?
I would say not, but the family was there for the birthday of a boy who was turning 18. Makes it a little easier to understand the choice of venue, I think. In any case, it's irrelevant. It's not okay to spit on anyone, particularly a child.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:51 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,193,175 times
Quote:
ROFL

Your claim is that Hooters isn't a venue for morally upright citizenry.

You then said that the people, and emphasized, that you knew, who went there were scumbags. As if the subset of people that you know are somehow representative of Hooters' clientele.

Which does absolutely nothing to show that Hooters is not a family friendly venue of morally upright citizenry. It only shows that some of the people that you hang around with you consider scumbags.

When called out on this you asked me to poll people on whether Hooters targeted families.

Which, if people say, "Yes, it is targeted at families" or "No, it is not targeted at families" has absolutely zero to do with whether or not Hooters is a "venue for morally upright citizenry".

I know your argument doesn't make a lick of sense
Anyone with minimal

knows your argument doesn't make a lick of sense

The only question is if you realize that your argument doesn't make a lick of sense.

Have a good day
Talking about taking someone to the woodshed. Sheesh.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:57 PM

7,519 posts, read 2,823,918 times
Anyone who spits in public anywhere is a filthy disgusting pig, let alone spit at or toward a child.

Old 04-19-2018, 03:04 PM

78,792 posts, read 60,996,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Anyone who spits in public anywhere is a filthy disgusting pig, let alone spit at or toward a child.
Yeah, I hate baseball too.

Old 04-19-2018, 03:16 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,414,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
By definittion of racism, there can't be racist black people. I don't know why it's so hard to understand.

On discrimination based on one’s colour, I can only concur that blacks can be prejudicial towards whites - but not racist. What do I mean? Before I attempt to give an explanation of my argument, I first have to define words that serve as the premises: prejudice and racism. Prejudice refers to a positive or negative evaluation of another person based on their perceived group membership. Racism on the other hand refers to social actions, practices or beliefs or political systems that consider different races to be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to each other. Furthermore, racism is socio-economic, with systemic structures which promote one race’s powers over another.
I agreed with you up to the last sentence. Being that racism is the view that Person A is better than Person B because of the former's race, racism could mean that a poor Black person thinks they are better than a rich White person.

There are times where I will absolutely not respect another person's person and will actually criticize them for it. The idea that Black people cannot be racist is 1 of them. I am not denying your right to free speech, but it's also my right to free speech to not respect your opinion on this.

Last edited by Eumaois; 04-19-2018 at 03:27 PM..

Old 04-19-2018, 06:22 PM

7,519 posts, read 2,823,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, I hate baseball too.
Yes. That too. What a dumb game. But seriously, spitting on the ground is such a disgusting habit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies