Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 06:31 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,586,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
By definittion of racism, there can't be racist black people. I don't know why it's so hard to understand.

On discrimination based on one’s colour, I can only concur that blacks can be prejudicial towards whites - but not racist. What do I mean? Before I attempt to give an explanation of my argument, I first have to define words that serve as the premises: prejudice and racism. Prejudice refers to a positive or negative evaluation of another person based on their perceived group membership. Racism on the other hand refers to social actions, practices or beliefs or political systems that consider different races to be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to each other. Furthermore, racism is socio-economic, with systemic structures which promote one race’s powers over another. Socio-economic being the operative word, I am certain you will agree that black people do not have the resources to impose such oppressive structures which enforce their superiority. White people on the other hand have, and had imposed them on blacks for over four centuries of slavery and colonialism. Black people can be prejudiced, but not racist.
That's the Humpty Dumpty definition of racism.

Its incorrect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 01:02 AM

1,704 posts, read 750,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
This article has so many things wrong or half-true. It is a race-baiting piece of trash. I would hope that any one that reads this has the mental acuity to see through it.

For starters, this happened in a Hooters. Not exactly a family friendly venue of morally upright citizenry. It draws some real scumbags. Apparently, this man's family (and grandchild) found one.
The police and Hooters both agreed that the firefighter was a scumbag.

NOW...
For the rest of the linked stories in it. Most have been discussed here on this board and none of them have born out to be implicit racism. There were extenuating circumstance in all of them.

The Applebee's incident: Her voice has duper's delight in it. I would love for someone to do an analysis of where her phone was on the night in question of the original dine and dash.

The two guys in Starbuck's chose to not leave and were arrested upon refusal. They were not arrested for being black and doing nothing as this article implies.

The young man who was asking for directions: the woman at the door was a black woman and the person who shot at him was a white man who was married to the black woman. You will have a hard time convincing me that a white man who is married to a black woman is racist against black people.

That other young man who was shot in his grandmother's backyard was fleeing police after being witnessed attempting to break into the neighbor's house. He wasn't shot because he was black, he was shot as a result of his failure to comply with police commands and then running away from the police into his grandmother's backyard and doubling back onto the police.
You can't rationalize overt racism!

Get outta here!

Old 04-20-2018, 01:07 AM

1,704 posts, read 750,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
Great cut...

But yes, the people I knew who went to Hooters I would classify as scumbags. It's not the food they were there for and they were definitely not morally upright individuals.

The article is written to incite racial tension and is not complete in it's presentation of the facts of the other cases.
Each time you post, you reveal just a tiny bit more of your hood & cross....

Old 04-20-2018, 02:14 AM

19,858 posts, read 12,134,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Each time you post, you reveal just a tiny bit more of your hood & cross....
Calling someone KKK probably violates TOS.

Old 04-20-2018, 04:14 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,755,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Don't worry, they'll get here. Maybe not to defend, but to minimize, deflect, or claim that it happen at all.
They were here. They tried to turn the issue into a debate about the toddlers family taking him to hooters.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:37 AM

6,265 posts, read 5,078,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Don't know why these facts were left out of the initial post.

So he didn't get his job back - whether or not he's allowed to keep his job has not yet been determined.
Did you read the piece of trash article in the OP pretending to be journalism? From the very first paragraph the piece was deliberately inflammatory, misleading, and incendiary.

The deliberately divisive hit piece just didn't happen by accident. It was by design. And as American citizens we should all demand better of our so-called journalists.

This all happened in a public place so likely the fire fighter is a racist POS who deserves every repercussion for his hateful actions and words. But he hasn't been tried yet, the facts haven't all come out yet, and he hasn't been found guilty yet. As someone else said, he deserves his day in court. We all do. Even this apparent piece of garbage.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:44 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,721,867 times
The only reason that the usual "racism does not exist" crowd will acknowledge this as racist, begrudgingly, is because its the "old fashion" style of racism that cannot be denied as being racism. That incident is 1950's style racism, as well as the response from the family. To deny that such an incident is racist.....pretty much says you too are a racist.

The thing is, white supremacy (the belief that black are inferior to whites) needs racism to be discredited so that the condition of blacks can be narrated as rooted in black innate inferiority. When racism is shown....it means that blacks are right. It means that there is a plausible reason for inferior outcomes other than black innate inferiority to whites. Racist and conservatives want to narrate any external factor claimed as the cause of black collective inferior outcomes.....as excuses and they seek to discredit all reasons given other than the result simply being the nature of blacks.

A guy is walking down the street and suddenly starts swinging and flinging his arms around and spitting like a crazy man. For those who want this person to be seen as a crazy man, they attempt to discredit that he had just walked through a swarm of gnats, because people cannot see the gnats from afar, but they can see the man behaving abnormally. White racism is like gnats, but much worse. Many times the only person who can see it is the person who is experiencing it, while those from afar only see a black person behaving abnormally. White racism of the past was made visible. The racism of today seeks to be invisible, while still being effective.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:12 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,953,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
The only reason that the usual "racism does not exist" crowd will acknowledge this as racist, begrudgingly, is because its the "old fashion" style of racism that cannot be denied as being racism. That incident is 1950's style racism, as well as the response from the family. To deny that such an incident is racist.....pretty much says you too are a racist.

The thing is, white supremacy (the belief that black are inferior to whites) needs racism to be discredited so that the condition of blacks can be narrated as rooted in black innate inferiority. When racism is shown....it means that blacks are right. It means that there is a plausible reason for inferior outcomes other than black innate inferiority to whites. Racist and conservatives want to narrate any external factor claimed as the cause of black collective inferior outcomes.....as excuses and they seek to discredit all reasons given other than the result simply being the nature of blacks.

A guy is walking down the street and suddenly starts swinging and flinging his arms around and spitting like a crazy man. For those who want this person to be seen as a crazy man, they attempt to discredit that he had just walked through a swarm of gnats, because people cannot see the gnats from afar, but they can see the man behaving abnormally. White racism is like gnats, but much worse. Many times the only person who can see it is the person who is experiencing it, while those from afar only see a black person behaving abnormally. White racism of the past was made visible. The racism of today seeks to be invisible, while still being effective.
Well said--this is something abusers do to their victims as well--i.e. gaslighting.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:17 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,182,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Calling someone KKK probably violates TOS.
If the shoe fits.

Looks like birds of a feather, here.

Old 04-20-2018, 11:41 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,643,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Did you read the piece of trash article in the OP pretending to be journalism? From the very first paragraph the piece was deliberately inflammatory, misleading, and incendiary.

The deliberately divisive hit piece just didn't happen by accident. It was by design. And as American citizens we should all demand better of our so-called journalists.

This all happened in a public place so likely the fire fighter is a racist POS who deserves every repercussion for his hateful actions and words. But he hasn't been tried yet, the facts haven't all come out yet, and he hasn't been found guilty yet. As someone else said, he deserves his day in court. We all do. Even this apparent piece of garbage.

I'll be honest with you. I don't like any journalism / news reporting I've seen the past twenty years. I cut right to the chase, and for me, it was that some grown ass man was such a mean-spirited piece of trailer trash that he called a young child the N word.

If the tone and bias of the article troubles you more than that does, I don't know what to tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies