Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 06:37 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times

Advertisements

https://www.thedailybeast.com/muelle...d-inner-circle

I thought Mueller had already gotten much of this info from the GAO so I guess he has both a basis of comparing what IS provided and what is NOT provided...
failing to provide info to a subpoena can itself be considered obstruction...

When my husband first told me I thought he meant testimony and I knew that would require the Supreme Court to get Trump in the hot seat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 07:28 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
The noose tightens another notch.

I'm old enough to recall Watergate very clearly. Heck, I voted for Nixon.

Russiagate is orders of magnitude beyond that little kerfuffle.

This just keeps getting better each week.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:12 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Saw Woodward and Bernstein on Ari's show this weekend/Friday maybe and they were very interesting in putting perspective into this situation
They also reminded me that Watergate was all about election tampering really---
A burglary that was that era's version of computer hacking...
And someone (can't remember who--maybe Woodward) mentioned that Trump visited with Henry Kissinger at Trump Tower during the campaign or transition and the person remarked to Trump afterwards "oh, I guess you could learn a lot about China talking to Kissinger"
Trump said "I was asking about Nixon"---implying Watergate and how Nixon got caught

Roger Stone has huge tattoo of Nixon on his back so Trump has that source as well but apparently thinks he is smarter than Nixon...and won't get caught...

I thought it was interesting no Jared, Don Jr or Ivanka on that list to provide info when they were very involved in campaign and Schiller was an interesting call--bag man for Trump...
And no Brad Parsefal yet...

Old 03-05-2018, 01:51 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Just a total witchhunt and nothing will come of it. The government has no authority to subpoena all communications unless there is reasonable suspicion that a crime has been committed (it is called Probable Cause) and you can't just say "give me everything you've ever said or done" to a suspect just on the off chance they might have committed a crime, for exactly the same reason that the government can't just barge into your house in case you have contraband there or are engaged in illicit activity. Nor can the government install cameras in your home to monitor all that you say or do. The reason we have 4A is so these kinds of Big Brother nightmares can't become reality.

That power does not exist. The subpoenas can be ignored.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:48 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Just a total witchhunt and nothing will come of it. The government has no authority to subpoena all communications unless there is reasonable suspicion that a crime has been committed (it is called Probable Cause) and you can't just say "give me everything you've ever said or done" to a suspect just on the off chance they might have committed a crime, for exactly the same reason that the government can't just barge into your house in case you have contraband there or are engaged in illicit activity. Nor can the government install cameras in your home to monitor all that you say or do. The reason we have 4A is so these kinds of Big Brother nightmares can't become reality.

That power does not exist. The subpoenas can be ignored.
You can move to quash a subpoena and a court can rule on it. But if you simply ignore a subpoena you run the risk of being held in contempt and arrested.

Old 03-05-2018, 03:51 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You can move to quash a subpoena and a court can rule on it. But if you simply ignore a subpoena you run the risk of being held in contempt and arrested.
Do you really truly think Mueller doesn't have justification for it? This is not his first rodeo.

Old 03-05-2018, 03:52 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Do you really truly think Mueller doesn't have justification for it? This is not his first rodeo.
Not at all. I was responding to the poster who said it's okay to ignore subpoenas.

Mueller appears to be a top-notch prosecutor and based on the number of guilty pleas entered so far, absolutely appears to know what he is doing.

Old 03-06-2018, 12:18 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

I thought Mueller had already gotten much of this info from the GAO so I guess he has both a basis of comparing what IS provided and what is NOT provided...

When my husband first told me I thought he meant testimony and I knew that would require the Supreme Court to get Trump in the hot seat

Someone remind me against what the crime it is that Mueller is investigating.

I can't seem to remember.

Old 03-06-2018, 02:33 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,240,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

Might be, I would demand Mueller and his merry band of Trump haters to provide a basis of suspicion before just granting carte blanche authority to those Nazis to snoop around in every aspect of everyone that supported Trump.

Old 03-06-2018, 02:34 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,240,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Someone remind me against what the crime it is that Mueller is investigating.

I can't seem to remember.
Trump won the election...that's about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies