Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 12:02 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times

Advertisements

The Exhaustion of American Liberalism - White guilt gave us a mock politics based on the pretense of moral authority.

Excellent article.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-exh...ism-1488751826

By SHELBY STEELE

The recent flurry of marches, demonstrations and even riots, along with the Democratic Party’s spiteful reaction to the Trump presidency, exposes what modern liberalism has become: a politics shrouded in pathos. Unlike the civil-rights movement of the 1950s and ’60s, when protesters wore their Sunday best and carried themselves with heroic dignity, today’s liberal marches are marked by incoherence and downright lunacy—hats designed to evoke sexual organs, poems that scream in anger yet have no point to make, and an hysterical anti-Americanism.

All this suggests lostness, the end of something rather than the beginning. What is ending?

Mr. Steele, a senior fellow at Stanford University’s Hoover Institution, is author of “Shame: How America’s Past Sins Have Polarized Our Country” (Basic Books, 2015).

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-08-2018 at 07:25 PM.. Reason: copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 12:09 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Good article but I have never in my lifetime felt an iota of guilt what was done in the 1800's. Disgusted by those people yes, but guilty, nope, my grandparents (Legal immigrants) came here much later and I'm not kissing anyone's arse because some stupid ass liberal thinks I should. Right now, liberals are victimizing Americans of all races and we're fed up with them. As long as Democrats are associated with Liberals and Progressives you won't ever find me, a Democrat, born and raised among Democrats, you won't find me voting for one of them at any level. Let me know if they ever come down to earth and get a grip.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:20 PM

Mr. Steele's point is precisely that people are tired of it. I don't care what people do with their own time or resources, but be responsible for your choices and obey the law. And please mind your own business.

Liberals will not admit their actual reasons for defending liberalism. The last paragraph says it all for me.

Let’s stipulate that, given our history, this liberalism is understandable. But American liberalism never acknowledged that it was about white esteem rather than minority accomplishment. Four thousand shootings in Chicago last year, and the mayor announces that his will be a sanctuary city. This is moral esteem over reality; the self-congratulation of idealism. Liberalism is exhausted because it has become a corruption.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:39 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,754,662 times
Sorry, Steele has no cred. Lots of liberals left.!!!!

Old 03-06-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Sorry, Steele has no cred. Lots of liberals left.!!!!
What does this even mean?

Old 03-08-2018, 03:43 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
"racism, sexism, homophobia and xenophobia"

Wow I can just hear Hillary say those things in her speech. So hoping it would win her votes.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:46 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Clearly liberals are passionate about what's happening to the country. Also, are we posting entire articles now?

Old 03-08-2018, 03:52 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,044,420 times
Hunting down articles from a year ago to beat the same dead horse right wingers beat all day every day on this forum. We get it, you are tired of hearing about racism and sexism.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:59 PM

43 posts, read 40,584 times
I think its excuses for lies and ignorance because alot of new people in NYC have helped modernize and gain independance but the guilty jealous types don't get off the PAST OLD theories and criminal habits.

Need to keep up with the new not the delinquent pasts coming back to take advantage.
Sometimes we want to only focus on family but because our races are mixing and getting intelligent we feel like we are getting identity confused

also opens oppurtunity to identity thieves ! IDENTITYTHEFT.COM totally drives around the neighborhood
MODERN KUDOS PROPS!
All those past conspiracy theories really made humanity feel dumb. I just think that Im getting EXHAUSTED with waiting for MY LIFE TO GET BACK IN MY CONTROL not by the opinion of somebody else's grief and evil stubborn hypocritical heads

Also I feel warned about the type of people that are analyzing society. Its discriminating to believe people cant evolve without a hassle of judgement and seduction or fighting.

I feel enough social anxiety over what I might be confronted by on my next errand or appointment to move out of a crisis or spy.

Old 03-08-2018, 04:02 PM

34,237 posts, read 18,599,254 times
As a proud DEPLORABLE, I commend the OP for a good read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies