Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 05:34 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
I fully support democrats destroying any of their own firearms.

Fully support.
She didn't destroy it, like most anti gun nuts she's to utterly ignorant on the topic to even know how to destroy it. All she did was take a 100% legal functional rifle and make it illegal. Of course as expected the other ignorant anti gun nuts (not you) in this thread are jumping to her defense. These are the same people calling for "reasonable gun control", they don't even know what the current laws are or want them enforced.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:37 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,275,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
She is cutting her own gun , it's only illegal if it is being use as a firearm with shorten gun, it being made unoperatable is not illegal
Cutting off the barrel makes it an SBR (cutting off the stock may also make it an SBR). Between cutting off the bbl and rendering it inoperable she possessed an SBR. The law is clear on barrel length, what constitutes an SBR, and the Conditions for legal possession. There is video documentation proving her illegal possession.

It's pretty straight forward. Remember Randy Weavers wife took one to the chest while holding an infant for Weaver being coerced into making one or more SBS for the FedGov.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:24 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
She is cutting her own gun , it's only illegal if it is being use as a firearm with shorten gun, it being made unoperatable is not illegal
You are wrong. The fact that the BATF is investigating her proves that.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:59 PM

Just like the attorney stated, she will get a pass. We all know that.

Congressional candidate broke law when she carved up AR-15, attorney says | NBC4i.com

Old 03-11-2018, 07:05 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
She definitely should be charged, convicted, and then given a slap on the wrist. I would give her community service picking up shell casings at the local range.

And the judge should admonish her--next time you propose to legislate new laws, know what the existing laws are.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:26 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
BZZZZT wrong answer, go directly to jail.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:19 AM

Funny things going on over on her FB page.
First she deletes all of her reviews ,she had 10k negative ones. Now all the "visitors" posts are gone.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:49 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
They actually can be deemed illegal under constructive possession.
I didn't write the laws. I disagree with them. That doesn't make them not exist.

Nope!

A separated upper receiver is a paperweight.

The lower receiver is the gun, according to unconstitutional law.
Thus 80% lowers are a perfectly legal privilege to make and sell without any background checks or registering with the government.
It is not illegal to make your own personal firearms.
It is only illegal for a dealer to sell a privileged taxed firearm.
McDonald v. Chicago.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
She cut the barrel down first, there is a proceedure/order of operations to render a firearm inert.
She didn't follow them.

Chopping a barrel down = illegal Short Barreled Rifle.
That's 10 years in the slammer + 250k dollar fine.

Recording committing a felony = felony charges.
It isn't nonsense. Did she apply on a form 1 or form 4 for a 200 dollar stamp, wait up to a year and a half to receive said NFA tax stamp, and submit a copy of ATF approval and copy of stamp to her chief law enforcement officer, before cutting the barrel?
I doubt it.

Know the rules, obey they them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
For someone that wants to enact laws, they should first know the laws currently on the books. Obviously she didn't.

Last Tuesday my stamps came in the mail after a year and 3 month wait for suppressors. I couldn't receive them until I had the stamps and paper work in my hand. If I did, even though I purchased them with my money, and the seller handed them to me, they as well as I, would be guilty of a federal felony...
I took delivery of them after I gave the paperwork to my sheriff. You have to abide by the law if you want to avoid prison. Those are the rules.

You are right though, it is nonsense that someone can be ignorant of the law, yet propose new laws, while violating current laws.

What she did is not unconstitutional.
What she did was, upset those that enforce unconstitutional government oppression of liberty & rights.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Because she has the right to choose any position she chooses to take on the gun issue. If all firearms restrictions is her choice, so be it.

Australia has already proven that when the will to own guns is gone, the mass shootings stop. Australia had to make it mandatory for all combat capable guns to be surrendered for it's citizens to lose the will to own them.

For sure, the causes that make someone walk into a school or any crowded place and begin splashing the walls with innocent blood are many and complicated.
But the effect of those causes- the death of innocent people, is easy enough to stop by making firearm ownership much more difficult.

Can we find a better way to stop the slaughter? I hope so. I was once a pretty avid hunter, and I may find the desire to go hunting again one day. But even if it arises, I would much rather give that up if it meant an innocent child's life would be saved, or an innocent adult's life.

The fact is, I don't need to hunt to stay alive. If I need meat badly enough, I know how to kill a cow with an axe and butcher it myself if it comes to that. I don't need a gun for protection, either. I have other tools that will do.

If I must surrender a Constitutional right to see the slaughter end, I know that right can be restored.

Others have lost their rights many times in our history and got them back eventually, so I'm sure that, in time, my right will be restored too.
And I can ship a stripped AR lower in one package, the built AR upper in another package and the M1A , or standard trigger group, stock and accessories in a 3rd package to Australia....
Easy peasy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies