Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 04:54 PM

2,662 posts, read 1,378,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Translation, Trump trying to save Mueller some face for having nothing against Trump for 18 months of from his merry band of Trump haters he hired.

Trump guilty only of winning against the wishes of the establishment (Repubs & Demonics).
Which explains the guilty pleas and indictment Mueller has already obtained. Investigations of this magnitude and complexity take time...We are about a year and a few months into the investigation...I am sure you realize Watergate took longer.As do many mob investigations and the like.
It always amazes me when people convince themselves that they know everything that the investigators do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
If you investigate someone enough you may well find wrongdoing. I would not want a police officer going through my life until they found evidence that I once sped.
The charges here are much much more serious than speeding.

Old 07-14-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Exactly. I don’t understand the cult’s rationale for wanting to end the investigation ASAP.

An innocent person shouldn’t have a problem with the investigation.
My sense if it is that he is far from innocent.

Old 07-14-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Nixon actually committed a real crime.

The only crime Trump committed was winning the election.

Of course, like Watergate, the real crime was spying on the opposing party during a presidential campaign.
Covering up a burglary committed in the course of that spying was Nixon's major offense... This is an investigation not just of spying on the opposing camoaign but one of colluding with a foreign power to win an election...if true much, much, much worse than anything Nixon or his associates were accused of.
The only crime Trump committed was winning the election? That us the only motive for Mueller's investigation?
Where do you get that?
There is all kinds of evidence pointing to Russian interference in the election.
It is still there even when you cover your eyes and try to make it go away.
Trump couldn't seem less concerned about it.
There have been indictments, resignations, guilty pleas, jail sentences, and concern expressed by over 20 LE and intelligence agencies.
The Russians have tampered in elections in other western countries.
A major Russian money laundering ring was being operated out of Trump Tower just below the Donald's suite...one of the key figures being the gangster that us implicated in the Salt Laje City Winter Olympics bribery scheme.
Your only takeaway from all of that is that people are scrutinizing him only because he won an election?

Old 07-14-2018, 06:49 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Which explains the guilty pleas and indictment Mueller has already obtained. Investigations of this magnitude and complexity take time...We are about a year and a few months into the investigation...I am sure you realize Watergate took longer.As do many mob investigations and the like.
It always amazes me when people convince themselves that they know everything that the investigators do.

First of all the investigation is just about two years old now.

Second, even after two years of investigating, there's still not a single piece of evidence of any collusion, and not a single conviction of anyone meddling with the election.

Like it, or not, those are the facts.

Old 07-14-2018, 06:51 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Lmao that's hilarious.

And pathetic too.
Yet somehow it’s fine since Trump can do no wrong.

Old 07-14-2018, 06:58 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

Second, even after two years of investigating, there's still not a single piece of evidence of any collusion, and not a single conviction of anyone meddling with the election.

Robert Mueller is that you?

Old 07-14-2018, 07:17 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Robert Mueller is that you?
I'm citing the facts as we know them today.

As I said, like it, or not, those are the facts.

Old 07-14-2018, 07:20 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

Neither you nor anyone else knows all the facts in this investigation. You have no idea of any evidence of anything that has been discovered. It's always so funny to me how people can just say unequivocally this or that, when they have no idea. But carry on.

Old 07-14-2018, 07:29 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
It ends when Mueller says it ends. That’s how it works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies