Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 05:20 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times

Advertisements

Even on the rare occasions when a victory falls into his lap, Trump finds a way to foul it up. He and his staff are putting conditions on North Korea about "denuclearizing', before they will arrange a meeting, that was unexpectedly offered by them, through representatives from South Korea. If you read all the way through this linked article, it explains how the North Koreans anticipated Trump's stubborn and demanding attitude and will use it to score a victory for themselves.

The proposed meeting won't even have to take place, for them to come out as winners, thanks to Trump's insistence on having things completely his way. Trump's demand of North Korea to take "concrete steps" towards ending its nuclear program, before he will agree to a meeting, is the same as saying he won't participate in it. Entering into an open discussion, with both sides on even ground, is a concept unknown to Trump. It has to be all about Trump, with him in the dominant position or he won't play ball.

Robert Gallucci, an expert on the North Korean threat, was a commentator on NPR's All Things Considered today and suggested that any negotiations with that country would be a long-term process and a great amount of patience would be needed on our part. Nothing is long-term with Trump and patience is not included in his toolbox.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ditions-449448

Old 03-09-2018, 05:23 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
WOW... it just fell into his lap huh?

Obama created the tax cuts and the roaring economy too I'd bet.

Energizer bunnies beating drums.

Lately, the left remind me of those people who walk aimlessly down a street arguing with themselves out loud.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:51 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
They should have conditions. Kim will gain enormous stature from any meeting with a US president.
Trump was really stupid to charge into this thing without getting something in return.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:52 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Lately, the left remind me of those people who walk aimlessly down a street arguing with themselves out loud.
It did actually. The South Koreans - you know, the guys stuck in the middle - have been assiduously courting both sides skillfully turning the Olympics into an opening then flying back and forth.

Trump had the opportunity to be as bombastic as he wished on Twitter but then to go another direction. The North Koreans came to him or at least agreed first to a meeting.

Trump got all excited and said, yes, and then it looks like (perhaps), no, the next day.

Back to the world of the big boys where there are preconditions and careful steps, not just quick headlines.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:53 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,100,577 times
Quote:

Yes, it shows everyone just how deranged the Trump haters are.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:55 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Let's See.

• Trump's Press Secretary simply states - "Look, they’ve got to follow through on the promises they made”
  • Crooked MSM pundits immediately spin this into - "Trump is trying to Sabotage Meeting", "Mass Confusing by Trump", etc etc etc
  • Topic parroted here by people still mad he won election.
Another day, more derangement.

(fascinates me they fall for it time after time)

Old 03-09-2018, 05:57 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
More like it shows how deluded the Trump supporters are for giving him credit for something he didn't do.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:58 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Deranged HOW. Me, for one I'd love to go see Trump or his Administration find a way to negotiate the ballistic missile program out of existence - an area that has never before been addressed.

The S. Koreans are facilitating. Japan - although probably shell-shocked seemingly on board - along with China and Russia. Kim Jong'un agreed to at least negotiate a meeting and even threw in some opening freebies.

So this may be messed up, why?

Old 03-09-2018, 06:00 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times
Quote:
KJU didn't just suddenly flip from aggressive nuclearization to denuke on his own. Threats by Trump didn't do it. The only reason KJU suddenly flipped is because either Putin or Xi or both called him up and told him to do it.

Old 03-09-2018, 06:00 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Deranged HOW. Me, for one I'd love to go see Trump or his Administration find a way to negotiate the ballistic missile program out of existence - an area that has never before been addressed.

The S. Koreans are facilitating. Japan - although probably shell-shocked seemingly on board - along with China and Russia. Kim Jong'un agreed to at least negotiate a meeting and even threw in some opening freebies.

So this may be messed up, why?
It's not. But politico wants them to think so, so they will keep reading that blog. The same one that said Hillary would be President.

The fact that NK wants to talk is remarkable and the Leftists along with the MSM absolutely hates it. it totally destroys another of their memes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies