Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 04:31 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,370,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Perhaps if Trump made an announcement of a coherent plan rather than shooting from the hip and then changing course several times, people would have more faith in it just being part of the negotiation process rather than yet another amateurish and poorly planned foray into the topic that has Trump’s attention at any given moment.
I get it...some of you have trouble keeping up. Really, give this a try...You searched for north korea - Dilbert Blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2018, 05:08 PM

7,712 posts, read 4,773,161 times
Quote:
Perhaps if Trump made an announcement of a coherent plan rather than shooting from the hip and then changing course several times, people would have more faith in it just being part of the negotiation process rather than yet another amateurish and poorly planned foray into the topic that has Trump’s attention at any given moment.
Trump has been brilliant on foreign policy. This North Korea development goes back to Trump's first week in office when he met China's Xi Jinping at Mar-y-Lago. North Korea does nothing unless China tells them to. What Trump has pulled off is pure foreign policy brilliance. North Korea is willing to stop all missile testing and voluntarily denuclearize. The reason is two-fold. 1) Sanctions. Trump was able to convince the UN to put REAL sanctions on North Korea, ones that closed the loopholes that have kept them afloat through other sanctions and he convinced both China and Russia not to veto them. There are reports that the new sanctions have crippled North Korea to the point that they will have no more cash reserves by October. 2) Trade War. Now factor in the tariffs threatening to hurt China, the renegotiation of NAFTA which is about closing the backdoor used by the Chinese, and China has kicked North Korea in the butt, telling them to make peace with Trump. Brilliant.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:46 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,605,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
Sleepy Eyed Chuck Todd is a vindictive little biased twerp. His wife is a Hillary Slobbering Fundraiser who held meetings at the Todd house, including the candidate herself. Nope, no conflict of interest or bias there, eh Chuck? And now that the President has given the loser a nickname, there was no way in hell Todd was going to come out and give the President credit.

Chuck Todd is insufferable. He's the Glenn Beck of NBC. He's to be ignored like the Democrat that he obviously is.
I wanted to watch that whole show last Sunday but I could not make it past the interview with Steve Mnuchin who I don't like but I thought acquitted himself well.

He is nowhere near the level of partisan that is Glenn Beck but he is an insufferable twerp who would be better working for the National Enquirer (except they like Trump).

Old 03-12-2018, 05:51 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,636,201 times
Quote:
Srsly. While he was making his announcement - Tillerson had said just the opposite the day before.

What a freak show. IF Trump meets with Kim - I hope there are smarter people in the room with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
I wanted to watch that whole show last Sunday but I could not make it past the interview with Steve Mnuchin who I don't like but I thought acquitted himself well.

He is nowhere near the level of partisan that is Glenn Beck but he is an insufferable twerp who would be better working for the National Enquirer (except they like Trump).
You thought Mnuchin acquitted himself well? I didn't.

I do get that it totally sucks to get out there on Sunday morning and try to spin Trump's vulgarity and incoherence but . . gotta do better than that.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:02 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,425,924 times
watch this clip from ABC 'This Week' with Ben Rhodes, failed ex screen play writer from the Obama admin.

The host asks him about North Korea. Rhodes starts out on a measured, high-road tone, and proceeds to reel off a series of puerile digs against Trump ('this is not a real estate deal or a reality show,' 'you [Trump] need[s] to value science, another thing this administration has not valued').

It's the kind of stuff you would expect from a lefty CD poster--puerile partisan jabs.

Rhodes starts at about 043.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQQYW5PDrzo

Old 03-12-2018, 07:36 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,276,729 times

Old 03-13-2018, 08:03 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,613,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Sure it will...this is all part of the negotiation process. It's weird how willful the MSM and liberals are in misconstruing everything Trump does...you'd think at least one of their investigative geniuses would have read one or two of his books by now. Trump lays out everything he does.

Here, this will help all you folks. Scott Adams has been one of the shrewdest observers of Trump out there. Take a look at his blogs on Trump and North Korea...the man is prescient.

You searched for north korea - Dilbert Blog

And seriously...at least skim some of Trump's books
Is firing your top diplomat and having your top North Korean envoy resign shortly before agreeing to a meeting in a manner that totally blindsides your South Korean allies all part of the grand negotiation process? Man, this like 5-D, or even 6-D chess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies