Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 05:20 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,722,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
No sale on the equivalency thing. They boiled that 12 year old boy alive.
They boiled many in Syria.

It is horrible of course.

Old 03-21-2018, 05:27 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,763,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They boiled many in Syria.

It is horrible of course.
Here's what I get when I google "boiled alive Syria". You want to take ISIS members in as refugees? Even if they were 12 year old ISIS fighters it wouldn't be the same.

ISIS fighters boiled alive after fleeing battlefield in Iraq | Daily Mail Online

Your efforts to try to find moral equivalency when you see the story of the boiled alive child are strange to say the least.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:49 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,722,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Here's what I get when I google "boiled alive Syria". You want to take ISIS members in as refugees? Even if they were 12 year old ISIS fighters it wouldn't be the same.

Your efforts to try to find moral equivalency when you see the story of the boiled alive child are strange to say the least.
They boiled, burned, drowned, beheaded, hung, threw off roofs and shot a lot of innocent people. The only strange thing is you thinking they only did it to ISIS figures. Get honest.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:15 PM

13,235 posts, read 21,862,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They shouldn’t come here because they aren’t compatible. For one, they’ve always been hostile towards the English language, they are historically anti black and anti Semitic, and they have no roots on this continent in the way of an established assimilated Boer community. Those people don’t belong here.
That's not my experience at all. I've met many white South Africans, both in Africa as well as the US, who are wonderful people. Educated, funny, warm, hard-working and they all speak English. In fact, I've never met a South African who didn't speak English (as well as Africaans). They are certainly not hostile towards English. We have great friends here in the US who are South Africans.

As far as being anti-black, they're only against South African blacks who are threatening their existence and perpetrating unspeakable violent crimes against them. You would be anti too against a group that wanted you dead. That being said, most South African whites are business owners who employ blacks. So they couldn't be that anti-black. I stayed at the home of a farming family in Pretoria that had a whole staff of blacks who loved them (as near as I could tell).

Personally, I'd love to see more South Africans come to the US.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:26 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,089,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Really?

From my vantage point this country has NO RESTRICTIONS on any kind of immigration.

Oh, there are some nominal laws on the books but w decided decades ago to flush those down the toilet. And yea, there are a few Republicans who would like to change that but they are vastly outnumbered by their terrified brethren.
I actually immigrated here. Please try to do it yourself. Unless your a refugee it is virtually impossible for a middle class person to immigrate to the U.S. from Africa (much of my family already lived in the U.K and other western countries and my parents worked with multinational oil companies). Europe has the same rules as Africa besides refugees, yet time and time again Europeans give up on the immigration process because leaving Europe is simply not worth the red tape of migrating here.

Old 03-22-2018, 04:56 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,992,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Turnbull is the first great Australian PM of the 21st Century.
No he is not that great at all. He is not that popular here in Australia. Actually it was not him to really ask for South African white farmers to come here. It was the foreign minister Peter Dutton.

I prefer the white farmers to stay in South Africa and think they should defend their farms. If they are unable to defend it thnn i have no problem them comming here to Australia.

I know some South Africans here in Australia. They are high achievers here. Yet they are not racist. I dont see any evidence that any south africans i met are racist.anyway Australia is very multicultural as well and they have no problems associating with non while people in Australia.

Old 03-22-2018, 05:06 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,243,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
they are historically anti black and anti Semitic.
Technically, they're anti-black TRIBALISM, and the problems that such a hierarchical culture bring to a modern civilization. (Not to forget the tribal discrimination of other tribes.)
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/L...theid-20160705

Anti-Semitic?
All religions that believe they're the TRUE religion are antagonistic against all others.
The key point is: how much antagonism?
Mild disdain?
Theft?
Assault?
Kidnapping?
Murder?
Genocide?

Old 03-22-2018, 05:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,262,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
That's not my experience at all. I've met many white South Africans, both in Africa as well as the US, who are wonderful people. Educated, funny, warm, hard-working and they all speak English. In fact, I've never met a South African who didn't speak English (as well as Africaans). They are certainly not hostile towards English. We have great friends here in the US who are South Africans.

As far as being anti-black, they're only against South African blacks who are threatening their existence and perpetrating unspeakable violent crimes against them. You would be anti too against a group that wanted you dead. That being said, most South African whites are business owners who employ blacks. So they couldn't be that anti-black. I stayed at the home of a farming family in Pretoria that had a whole staff of blacks who loved them (as near as I could tell).

Personally, I'd love to see more South Africans come to the US.
Most white South Africans ARE NOT business owners that employ blacks. There are only 4.5 million whites in South Africa, and a full MILLION are dirt poor!

Moreover, you folks conveniently forget that under Apartheid, all whites were GUARANTEED a job. If one wasn’t available in the private sector, the government created one. How compatible is that with American values?

Boers are as close as it comes to being congenitally racist against blacks, and they have a long history of anti Semitism. They supported Hitler against the Allies in WW2...something that shouldn’t be forgotten. And frankly, I don’t care that it was their historical antipathy against Anglophiles that made them pro-German.

Add that to years of privilege under apartheid and their astonishingly brutal treatment of racial minorities under that system, and I can see why no one is exactly rolling out the red carpet for them. They definitely don’t belong HERE!

Australia is perfect for them....or not. It’s nothing to me either way.

Old 03-22-2018, 05:16 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,262,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Technically, they're anti-black TRIBALISM, and the problems that such a hierarchical culture bring to a modern civilization. (Not to forget the tribal discrimination of other tribes.)
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/L...theid-20160705

Anti-Semitic?
All religions that believe they're the TRUE religion are antagonistic against all others.
The key point is: how much antagonism?
Mild disdain?
Theft?
Assault?
Kidnapping?
Murder?
Genocide?
No, they’re anti black, not anti black tribalism. Boers have behaved as hardcore tribalists themselves, so who are they to act as arbiters of who is too tribal?

Furthermore, they’re the prime mover behind South African tribalism to begin with. It was they who created an unbelievably perplexing system that breaks down races into a bunch of crazy categories, and then used it to pit people against each other for leftover table scraps from whites!

And yes...Boers are highly anti Semitic. Of course, you’re willing to give them a pass on it, but you’ll support an invasion of Iran just because Ahmadinejad is a Holocaust denier.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:15 AM

13,666 posts, read 20,807,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I actually immigrated here. Please try to do it yourself. Unless your a refugee it is virtually impossible for a middle class person to immigrate to the U.S. from Africa (much of my family already lived in the U.K and other western countries and my parents worked with multinational oil companies). Europe has the same rules as Africa besides refugees, yet time and time again Europeans give up on the immigration process because leaving Europe is simply not worth the red tape of migrating here.
You should have done what everyone else does- just waltz across the border.

Then you would be feted, cossetted, pampered, subsidized, and treated like a hero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies