Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 04:44 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times

Advertisements

The left has used idiots (Occupy), minorities (BLM), gays (Orlando and bakeries nationwide), Muslims (everywhere), criminal illegals (DACA), women (p*ssy march) and now children as their representatives and meat puppets. Haven't they yet figured out that identity politics is a losing proposition, and thinking, hard-working people - who make this country run - largely aren't feeling the guilt and self-hatred they wish to impose upon us? Seeing the behavior of the above groups and listening to their proposed solutions which largely affect my kind and less so them, I'm caring less and less which gathering of such gets shot up next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2018, 04:53 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,536,978 times
The right is as guilty of identity politics as is the left, they just have different identities.

"Christians are oppressed!"

"Whites are oppressed!"

"Men are oppressed!"

And so on.

Old 03-18-2018, 04:53 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
The left has used idiots (Occupy), minorities (BLM), gays (Orlando and bakeries nationwide), Muslims (everywhere), criminal illegals (DACA), women (p*ssy march) and now children as their representatives and meat puppets. Haven't they yet figured out that identity politics is a losing proposition, and thinking, hard-working people - who make this country run - largely aren't feeling the guilt and self-hatred they wish to impose upon us? Seeing the behavior of the above groups and listening to their proposed solutions which largely affect my kind and less so them, I'm caring less and less which gathering of such gets shot up next.
So women, minorities and Muslims aren’t thinking, hard-working people? You just put that out there, without the slightest hint of irony, and wonder why they have “identity politics”.

Old 03-18-2018, 04:54 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,035 times
Quote:
Oh yea its so horrible that you can't be openly racist or sexist anymore.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:09 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times
OP: I am a lifelong (moderate) Democrat and I agree that taken to its extreme identity politics is a poison pill. Donald Trump has played that card as well...he has attempted to make the GOP into a white grievance party. The "victimology" has been embraced by both the left and the right.

All the more pathetic for silver spoon Don who was born on 3rd base...he constantly plays the victim. I hate cry babies...no matter what their political ideology.

Bill Maher excoriated this tendency on both the left and right several years ago with this hilarious and very true clip called "Martyrs Without a Cause"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7J3w-p0MoU&t=236s

If you watch be sure to watch it until the end...the first part of the clip makes fun of the right, the last half is his take on being P.C. at Yale.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:08 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
The more we focus on our differences, the less we have in common to bind us. In my neighborhood, I have few of what I could consider neighbors by the old definition - friends, people I can depend on and to whom I would respond quickly to their needs, shared values, shared customs, a shared culture, etc. Hell, half of them I can't even understand. And nothing in society is encouraged to breach the boundaries. We're not Americans <period>. We're hyphenated-Americans, with the emphasis on what comes before the hyphen. As such, if there were a fire or other disaster, I would no more be out there with a blanket and offer of help than I believe they would be for me or my family. And this extends to society - less in common and culture as Americans and all about what makes each not American.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:30 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
The more we focus on our differences, the less we have in common to bind us. In my neighborhood, I have few of what I could consider neighbors by the old definition - friends, people I can depend on and to whom I would respond quickly to their needs, shared values, shared customs, a shared culture, etc. Hell, half of them I can't even understand. And nothing in society is encouraged to breach the boundaries. We're not Americans <period>. We're hyphenated-Americans, with the emphasis on what comes before the hyphen. As such, if there were a fire or other disaster, I would no more be out there with a blanket and offer of help than I believe they would be for me or my family. And this extends to society - less in common and culture as Americans and all about what makes each not American.
Having lived through Hurricane Harvey, I bet you would be surprised at what you would do in an actual disaster. Strangers helped strangers even at the risk of their own loved. They were ordinary people doing extraordinary things. And I don’t think it’s an anomaly. Most people are compassionate, and want to do what they can.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...vey/615479001/

http://abcnews.go.com/US/incredible-...ry?id=49511397

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/31...dly-storm.html

Old 03-18-2018, 06:35 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Identity politics and the brand of populism it nurtures make me consider whether Stephen Hawking's idea of aliens following our radio signals to wipe our species out is really a bad thing.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:38 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
You really think there is an actual cabal named The Left, which is constantly sending out directives all across the country, activating various movements?????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, I got carried away there.

Here's a thought - aren't you committing identity politics yourself? Just in reverse - identifying everyone who doesn't think exactly as you do as THEM.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:39 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Oh yea its so horrible that you can't be openly racist or sexist anymore.
You're missing the point. The left/Dems are blatantly racist/sexist and apparently proud of it. It's disgusting and they will pay dearly at election time. Why do you think they lost to an idiot like Trump? They've learned absolutely nothing from this loss and are doomed unless they (and people like you) come to grips with the fact that you're the ultra left and most voters are centrists....and appalled by your hate mongering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies