Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 05:12 PM

23,975 posts, read 15,082,290 times

Advertisements

The lack of knowledge regarding child development is stunning.

The lack of parenting skills is stunning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 05:25 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
That solution would work, for you perhaps. I will counter with:

Gun safe?
Trigger locks?
Lock all ammunition in a safe?
Lots of very easy solutions.
Easy solutions.
Problem is that there are plenty of careless gun owners, there are plenty that ignore common sense and should never have a gun in the house. I do recall some pediatricians asking questions regarding guns in the house and there was an uproar.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:28 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
The girl should have had a gun. Give her a fighting chance, for goodness sake!

Old 03-20-2018, 07:00 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Problem is that there are plenty of careless gun owners, there are plenty that ignore common sense and should never have a gun in the house. I do recall some pediatricians asking questions regarding guns in the house and there was an uproar.
So you feel that we should legislate for stupidity?
Far more people die in automobile accidents than in gun related deaths.
Far more people die from medical mistakes than gun related deaths.

The vast majority of gunners are responsible and never have accidents. I was raised around guns. None were ever locked up. None were ever loaded either. We also knew that death awaited us if we were ever caught near those guns without permission.
I had guns in my home as well. However, I did have a gun safe, I did use trigger locks ( even though the firearm was in a safe). I trusted my children, it's the influence of their friends that I had no faith in.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:10 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,649,540 times
I fear thats the way will will solve all our conflicts in the future.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:26 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
And what is with all the mentioning of the state this went down in?

You know how many kids over the past 30 years have been shot over sneakers, coats, a dollar, a "mean look" in America's northern inner cities?

TONS.

All children need to learn to respect non-aggression, respect private property, and value life. The absence of those things is quite clear for every state, race, religion, creed, and economic class in this country in some form.

We suck, folks. Universally.
Well said.

Old 03-21-2018, 12:43 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
When this happened, it seemed like another dindu nuffin with a bad case of the gimme dats.

The media was being pretty cadgy with the deets.....and thats always a pretty sure sign.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:23 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Gun apparently belonged to mom's boyfriend.

9-year-old brother shoots 14-year-old sister over video game argument | Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Old 03-21-2018, 04:42 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I did see it's Mississippi where this shooting occurred ...the land of Guns and Jesus and overweight poor people! Were the kids left-wing, because of the video games or right-wing, because they had guns in their house? Keep us informed of any shootings that happen on Cape Cod as well!
I see your location as being North Carolina. I would think someone who lives is a southern state would not use stereotypes to badmouth another southern state. Have you been to Mississippi? Yes there are some problems but there are also very nice areas, cool historic places and great river towns. Not everyone in Mississippi is overweight, the fact that people there love and worship our savior Jesus is a good thing. The fact that they own guns is also good as we all should exercise our rights in order to preserve them. I live in Tennessee and I know for a fact that the world does not change when you drive over he Mississippi line. People who live in other parts of the nation who run down Mississippi the way you did would also be very likely to say the same thing about Tennessee and North Carolina.....just something to think about.

This family obviously had major issues, any 9 year old that could do this is seriously disturbed. Most likely this child will be institutionalized for years to come, maybe for life.

Old 03-30-2018, 02:28 AM

2,309 posts, read 901,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I did see it's Mississippi where this shooting occurred ...the land of Guns and Jesus and overweight poor people! Were the kids left-wing, because of the video games or right-wing, because they had guns in their house? Keep us informed of any shootings that happen on Cape Cod as well!
States with stricter gun laws have a slightly higher gun homicide rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies