Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 08:54 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
This reaction is ridiculous but it does show the temperature of this country. When a President runs a campaign of "Us" vs "Them" it's only logical that it will cause the nation to be divided. His behavior since taking office has only increased the divide 10 fold and as a result stupid stuff like this occurs.

I asked this before but what exactly does Ivanka do other than be arm candy? I mean I'm sure she is doing some stuff but she is not nearly as active as other first ladies.
You're talking about Hillary's DEPLORABLE speech, and recent comments, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 08:56 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Ridiculous, people always have to inject politics into everything.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ivan...110901320.html
Think the backlash is referring to these women as 'women in politics'.

I know I know -- both are 'in politics' but kind of by default....one because of her husband and the other because of her Dad....not really 'women in politics'.

I know petty to some of you but important to those who are really 'in politics'.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
The spa chose to advertise these particular clients. People can decide whether or not they wish to patronize the spa going forward.

Free market.
It's the woman in politics tag that got many stirred up.

One married to a politician and the other spawn of a politician .

Old 03-21-2018, 09:02 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
If they are not in politics, why are we seeing this? If your husband or dad are into something, then you have to be whether you want to be or not. That is just a fact of life.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:03 AM

267 posts, read 122,252 times
I think it’s tacky that the two women, Ivanka and the governor’s wife, went to a beauty salon. I think that image doesn’t resonate with the typical blue collar voter in Iowa.

Ivanka is such an airhead. She thinks she is a diva. You go to a beauty salon with a friend or some assistant not with another politician you just met. She gives women a bad name, instead of visiting a school, factory or local shelter lets go and have our nails done. Pathetic.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:07 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Ivanka is not the First Lady.
So what? She is a celebrity as a successful business woman.

Quote:
She does not hold any official ambassador position. She's not a government employee of any sort. Last I read, she doesn't even have a security clearance.
So?

Quote:
Nonetheless, there she is, meeting with world leaders, showing up on stage at international business conference in India, sitting in for Trump at G20, ...
This thread isn't about that, and your criticism about that is ridiculous. As for sitting in for Trump, it was only for a short time, and it is customary under circumstances when a leader cannot be present (or has to step out) that he appoint someone to sit in for him. What's your problem?

I think you must be jealous of her. She is a beautiful woman and very smart.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:09 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuca Racha View Post
I think it’s tacky that the two women, Ivanka and the governor’s wife, went to a beauty salon. I think that image doesn’t resonate with the typical blue collar voter of Iowa.

Ivanka is such an airhead.
You need a reality check. She is not an airhead by any stretch of the imagination. You should be so lucky to be as smart as she is. Most of the stringy haired leftwing women could follow her lead and go to a beauty salon too. Maybe they could look almost as good as she does. Our nation needs to stop being depressed by the women trying to be as clueless as men when it comes to grooming. There are other colors to wear besides black. I am 72 years old and get compliments every time I go to the gym because they say I am dressed up. No, I am not dressed up; I bothered to match my clothes to each other. My mother taught me to dress years ago.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:48 AM

17,007 posts, read 12,602,310 times
The reaction is over the top stupid. Then again, most of politics today is. from both sides.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:55 AM

267 posts, read 122,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You need a reality check. She is not an airhead by any stretch of the imagination. You should be so lucky to be as smart as she is. Most of the stringy haired leftwing women could follow her lead and go to a beauty salon too. Maybe they could look almost as good as she does. Our nation needs to stop being depressed by the women trying to be as clueless as men when it comes to grooming. There are other colors to wear besides black. I am 72 years old and get compliments every time I go to the gym because they say I am dressed up. No, I am not dressed up; I bothered to match my clothes to each other. My mother taught me to dress years ago.
Most women are not only smarter than her but most women didn’t need 20 plastic surgeries to look normal. Ugly woman inside and out. All that makeup does not hide her ugly features. She is a female version of her ugly father. Those ugly features come from Trump’s mother. . No forehead, no chin, no brain. Trump kids are ugly except for Baron who got lucky and looks like his mother. Melania got lucky.

Last edited by Cuca Racha; 03-21-2018 at 10:06 AM..

Old 03-21-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Number one, I am not a guy. I am a lady who has been married to the same man 53 years and there is nothing deplorable about me. What a hypocrite you are. You are bashing me for taking up for respectable women who are proud to be women and act like it. The left seem to hate men and constantly put them down all the time. All you hear is women this and women that. I like all decent people. I choose not to like trash. I didn't bash women for their looks. I said they need to spend time to get ready before going out in public. And I stand by that statement because I am so tired of looking at big butts in stretch pants that should have stayed inside the home.
Yeah -- string haired women -- that's bashing.

So yeah -- you are as guilty as the person you are accusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies