Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2018, 11:51 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,732,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Well they should be a concern because they show reality, and the big picture with regards to "the public good". Mass shooting account for VERY FEW overall homicides. It is not the pariah you, and the Media are making it out to be. It is being promoted SOLELY to take away the rights of the law abiding.

The Second Amendment has also not been interpreted "tangentially". Over the years, more, and more restrictions have been illegally placed on gun ownership at the Federal, State, and Local levels. States like CA, NY, NJ, CT, MA, MD, IL, HI, RI, and others have violated the Constitutions with illegal, very restrictive laws, and gun free zones, yet violent crime, and murders still occur in them. Schools are GUN FREE ZONES. Then why does someone break the law and enter them with a gun?
Promoted? unbelievable denial....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 11:54 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
Supreme Court Justice Stevens calls for the repeal of the 2nd Amendment
Stevens is a staunch conservative.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They are indeed valid. The sources are cited in the link I posted: The Centers for Disease Control (tracks causes of death) and the US Department of Justice (tracks gun homicide/violent crime rates).

Therefore, your claim that "Gun proliferation fueled by a tangential interpretation of the 2nd amendment has become a public safety threat to each and every man, woman, and child," is totally false. The threat has actually DECREASED, substantially.
It would help if you were to read my entire post.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:56 AM

34,244 posts, read 18,607,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Promoted? unbelievable denial....
Yes, the MEDIA is PROMOTING a leftist agenda, and is against the Second Amendment. It is obvious to many, if not most.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:06 PM

People, I'm not going to spend the rest of the day - or even another post in this thread - arguing about this. Your minds are made up and sealed shut.

Suffice to say, this "conservative" pertrification on guns is the best example of why, post-Trump era, Republicans won't occupy the White House again in the foreseeable future, absent another candidate as uniquely suited to the times as Donald Trump was. And that won't happen for another hundred years, if ever, again.

You create and fuel the "need" for guns and more guns with your advocacy of guns and more guns. Will you ever get tired of chasing your tail?

Old 03-28-2018, 12:22 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,916,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
People, I'm not going to spend the rest of the day - or even another post in this thread - arguing about this. Your minds are made up and sealed shut.

Suffice to say, this "conservative" pertrification on guns is the best example of why, post-Trump era, Republicans won't occupy the White House again in the foreseeable future, absent another candidate as uniquely suited to the times as Donald Trump was. And that won't happen for another hundred years, if ever, again.

You create and fuel the "need" for guns and more guns with your advocacy of guns and more guns. Will you ever get tired of chasing your tail?
If you go back and read older gun threads here, you will see that most of us haven't changed our positions since the last regime in the White House. So why didn't our solid 2nd Amendment stance allow Hillary to be elected?

I wouldn't call it chasing our tail. Shooting is a skill and it must be practiced. I have a dry-fire routine that I practice weekly when I can't get to the range. And it's not a need. Technically, I have all of the guns I will ever need. I definitely don't have all of the guns I want. This is definitely not a practical gun but I want one.
https://deserttech.com/hti.php

Old 03-28-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
If you go back and read older gun threads here, you will see that most of us haven't changed our positions since the last regime in the White House. So why didn't our solid 2nd Amendment stance allow Hillary to be elected?

I wouldn't call it chasing our tail. Shooting is a skill and it must be practiced. I have a dry-fire routine that I practice weekly when I can't get to the range. And it's not a need. Technically, I have all of the guns I will ever need. I definitely don't have all of the guns I want. This is definitely not a practical gun but I want one.
That's simple. Hillary would have been elected but for the best candidate we've seen in our lifetimes or will likely ever see again in same come forward.

We all know there is not another Trump in the pipeline. He has diverted the people's attention from the enemies of the state that Republicans are and have been since the Reagan era. He is the only thing keeping them (barely) afloat and the life preserver that he is is quite temporary, as we know.

That said, no one should interpret it as even a sliver of support for the Democrats. They're even worse, but their attack on the people comes from the opposite front.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:44 PM

34,244 posts, read 18,607,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J;51450735I
definitely don't have all of the guns I want. This is definitely not a practical gun but I want one.
Interesting. I like the concept, especially for hunting, and target shooting. I'd get a 6.5MM caliber barrel, in .260 Remington, or similar.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:47 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,002,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Paul_Stevens

So he's a military veteran

Who was appointed as a federal judge by a republican

and appointed to the supreme court by a republican.

I guess when someone steps out of line and comes out against right-wing orthodoxy, that makes them a "liberal."
Morning Joe was a Republican but now he is not nor never really was a true conservative just a big blow hard so what is your point?
People change politically some times for the bad.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:51 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,470,290 times
Quote:
originally posted by robert_j;51450735i definitely don't have all of the guns i want. This is definitely not a practical gun but i want one.
That's because it's a toy, and Americans bang bang play with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies