Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2018, 08:10 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,460,508 times

Advertisements

Trump will make her an offer, she's one of the few left who might work for him.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:12 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,806,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Those trying to normalize her ape comments and don't see anything wrong with racism directed toward black people. Their mindset is pretty much no big deal **** gets said about whites. That's pretty much how they see it. It's not about me so I don't give a ****. Yeah some real tools commenting on here.
Yet that is the dominant mindset in 2018. I really have to check my calendar quite frequently to remind myself that it’s not 1958.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:15 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,726,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump will make her an offer, she's one of the few left who might work for him.
Rosanne Barr is an extreme liberal. Why would she work for a Republican??

Old 05-30-2018, 08:15 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,247,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRlaura View Post
And so I clearly remember when the AP ran a political add depicting Condi Rice as an ape. Newspapers throughout the country threw out a few apologies and within a day or so it was never heard of again. Go figure...
And it is very likely that someone got fired or blackballed for doing that. Whoever it was was just not a public figure like Roseanne.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Disney and Jarrette may soon be on the receiving end of a social **** storm 20 times worse than what Roseanne is under.
For what?

Firing someone who did something that was really bad for PR?

Since when is that something to be ashamed of?

Old 05-30-2018, 08:17 AM

51,648 posts, read 25,800,144 times
https://twitter.com/richardhine/stat...84256836898816

What an odd coincidence.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
She’s been like this since I first became aware of her in the early 90s....I think. She’s had plenty of time to get therapy. Her narcissism is not caused by her use of social media. She’s a vile woman. Always has been. She will never change. I don’t think she can.
This is pretty much par for the course with Roseanne. You are correct. It is NOT new.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:26 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,449,955 times
Roseanne has been bat**** crazy for a very long time. There has to be a lot of self-hatred for someone who grew up Jewish in Salt Lake City.

Ambien just amplified her true self.

She's wealthy enough to go away and never come back. She should do that.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:29 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
This is pretty much par for the course with Roseanne. You are correct. It is NOT new.
I have never known people that make their living telling jokes to bring laughter, being politically correct or afraid of offending anyone, until today.

If this crap keeps up, there will be no jokes toward Islam, blacks, women, gays... You will only be able to offend and make fun of straight white christian males. All else will be punishable by jail for "hate speech"

Old 05-30-2018, 08:32 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,921,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Maybe. I also believe we need to allow comedians the leeway to be offensive. I was watching Steve Martin and Martin Shorts act on Netflix and they say pretty mean things about certain personalities. Things that would cause the media to go into a tizzy if said about others in other situations.

What she said is highly offensive BUT we are all also being played. We have all sorts of problems in this country and this is the big story? That's sad. Can you argue that racism is behind many of these problems? Sure. Giving the "two sides" the opportunity to demonize each other isn't going to solve anything but most people aren't really interested in solving anything but in demonizing others as they seem to believe that's the most important things to accomplish.

Am I going to equate all offensive statements as completely equal? No, I will not. Some do dig deeper but people who are overweight are also hurt pretty deeply when "fat" jokes are made. They are also discriminated against. Because one isn't as bad, does it make either OK?
Personally I can relate to some of what you're conveying here but ... seriously ... how does any of this relate to the inane blathering gibberish of Ms. Barr?

It's like what Lenny Bruce brilliantly said about satire:

Quote:
Satire is tragedy plus time. You give it enough time, the public, the reviewers will allow you to satirize it. Which is rather ridiculous, when you think about it.

~ Lenny Bruce, The Essential Lenny Bruce: his original unexpurgated satirical routines
Comparing anything about her or what she may have been attemting to accomplish (still extremely questionable) to Lenny Bruce is sacrilegious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies