Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2018, 08:34 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have never known people that make their living telling jokes to bring laughter, being politically correct or afraid of offending anyone, until today.

If this crap keeps up, there will be no jokes toward Islam, blacks, women, gays... You will only be able to offend and make fun of straight white christian males. All else will be punishable by jail for "hate speech"
Oh, my. How horrible will it be when people can no longer mock people's gender and their race? When we cannot call people slurs based on their religion!

And, yet... comics have been avoiding making these types of jokes (unless the jokes are about their own ethnic group/gender/etc) for DECADES.

I think we'll be fine.

Roseanne isn't going to jail for making racist remarks. She just got her show canceled. She'll manage. Besides... she was posting in response to a serious topic and she was not joking. She's a racist cow.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:36 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,351,786 times
White people are compared to monkeys and apes all the time. The problem is when people compare black people to apes and monkeys many, often so called liberals, believe its a credible accusation.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:37 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,347,884 times
For those who will miss the Roseanne show, just wait, I bet that Fox picks up her show.

I admit, she was funny, and I did watch the new Roseanne show; I am sorry that she made such a bad mistake, but she was an accident just waiting to happen. Still, I would watch her show unless she brought that accident to it.

I have found that this Trumpism has really gotten carried away. People who were once my friends began spouting off racial comments, and so they are no longer my friends.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:41 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,922,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have never known people that make their living telling jokes to bring laughter, being politically correct or afraid of offending anyone, until today.

If this crap keeps up, there will be no jokes toward Islam, blacks, women, gays... You will only be able to offend and make fun of straight white christian males. All else will be punishable by jail for "hate speech"
Not sure what you are on about. Rosanne can happily make vile racist jokes and comments about whoever she wants. Whenever she wants. She can hit the stand-up circuit any time she wants. No one is ushering her to jail. Where did you get that idea?

What she can't do is draw a paycheck from ABC anymore. They decided that their values and their integrity as a company was more important than retaining Rosanne Barr. Wouldn't you agree that it is their prerogative to employ who they want? When they want? That's a fundamental conservative principle.

15,823 posts, read 12,459,683 times
The maker of Ambien responds: "racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication."

https://twitter.com/SanofiUS/status/1001824999496404992

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
White people are compared to monkeys and apes all the time. The problem is when people compare black people to apes and monkeys many, often so called liberals, believe its a credible accusation.
No... the problem is that, historically, black people were compared to apes and monkeys to insult them. Do you seriously NOT know this?

Because those hurtful, hateful comparisons were made so often, it is now considered to be very poor taste to make comparisons like that today.

If nobody had ever used those types of comparisons to belittle and hurt black people over the years, we could make those types of comments and jokes today.

But, that is not the world we live in.

So, yes... you can compare George Bush Jr to a Curious George and it's humor. White people do not have a history of being demeaned and insulted over decades with comments about how they're animals and look like monkeys, while being discriminated against and held down by a dominant group.

We do not get to pretend like slavery and discrimination never happened here in this country.

I do not think any sort of comment about black people and monkeys is "credible" at all.

It's not. I just know the history.

And so do most other people, whether they want to admit it or not.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:42 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
I would lose my job if I made such a comment publicly. Rosanne thought she was above reproach.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
the maker of ambien responds: "racism is not a known side effect of any sanofi medication."

https://twitter.com/sanofius/status/1001824999496404992
lol!

Old 05-30-2018, 08:44 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,815,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
For those who will miss the Roseanne show, just wait, I bet that Fox picks up her show.
There’s nothing to pick up. The rest of the cast and crew members don’t want anything to do with her now. She burned whatever bridges she had left. She’s toast.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:44 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

What an odd coincidence.
Anyone with common sense would not believe MS13 gangs are not Savage Animals. Shame Libs won't call them for what they are, they deserve to be locked up in cages or deported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies