Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2018, 02:46 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,775,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I haven't been able to watch anything Roseanne since she butchered the National Anthem at the Padres double header in 1990. I was there for that fiasco.

The National Anthem is "butchered", EVERY TIME it is cheapened and profaned, by being coopted to lend importance and legitimacy to something as trivial as a sporting event.

Our National Anthem is as close to sacred, as any music employed by a secular nation such as our own. It should not be degraded, by being used as filler for profane events.

What Roseanne Barr did, was therefore no worse than what happens, every time the Anthem is used in such a setting.

Old 05-31-2018, 02:56 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Why do people ignore the fact that if it weren't for the dems, the kkk probably would never had existed.

One cannot help who supports them. Trump had disavowed them far more than hillary ever did.
Why is it so difficult to comprehend that the two parties switched stances a long time ago. The right became the left and the left became the right. The label that stood for conservatism became liberal and vice versa. How many ways do those on the right need this explained before the concept finally adheres to the part of the brain that controls cognitive thought?

Old 05-31-2018, 02:57 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I refer to the Klan as Democrats.

Did you know the KKK was the military arm of the Democratic Party?

Of course when the Democratic party was the conservative party.

Old 05-31-2018, 03:06 PM

23,645 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why is it so difficult to comprehend that the two parties switched stances a long time ago. The right became the left and the left became the right. The label that stood for conservatism became liberal and vice versa. How many ways do those on the right need this explained before the concept finally adheres to the part of the brain that controls cognitive thought?
It must have been difficult for you to actually address what I'd said, which is why you didn't even bother. Instead, you deflected to something I did not say. (nice personal attack you got going there)

Old 05-31-2018, 03:13 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,388,287 times
I think Roseanne's career is finished.

Old 05-31-2018, 03:32 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
It must have been difficult for you to actually address what I'd said, which is why you didn't even bother. Instead, you deflected to something I did not say. (nice personal attack you got going there)
This what you said...
Quote:
Why do people ignore the fact that if it weren't for the dems, the kkk probably would never had existed.
If it has an interpretation other than labeling the current day Democratic party as a party of racism and White Supremacy please share.

Personal attack? Really?..I actually made it rather impersonal as I made my observation and opinion all inclusive.

Old 05-31-2018, 03:51 PM

23,645 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
This what you said...

If it has an interpretation other than labeling the current day Democratic party as a party of racism and White Supremacy please share.
"if it weren't for the dems, the kkk probably would never had existed"

My comment was aimed at an action that the dems had done more than 100 years ago, which was the founding of the kkk. There was nothing in my post that even hinted to current day dems, or repubs for that matter. Are you seriously trying to deny that it was the dems who had founded the kkk? wow!

Quote:
Personal attack? Really?..I actually made it rather impersonal as I made my observation and opinion all inclusive.
Suuure

Old 05-31-2018, 04:08 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Just going to leave this here to display the double standard...since no one called her out:

https://twitter.com/iamwandasykes/st...640128?lang=en

Hint: She was the producer of the "Roseanne" show and quit because of the racist tweet Roseanne put out.
Oh, Wanda, and her lameness. Hating white people is her specialty, after men. lol

Old 05-31-2018, 04:12 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I think Roseanne's career is finished.
Her agents parted company with her.

I think she's toast.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:28 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
A local conservative host named Todd Herman is fond of saying, "where there's a double standard, there's a hidden agenda." It took me a while to figure that one out, but this is a good example. Why does the left, including Barack Obama, accept a guy like Sharpton into their bosom despite his lengthy history of inappropriate words and actions?

They accept him because there is a hidden agenda. In the case of Sharpton, his agenda is his bank account. In the case of Barack Obama and other left wingers, their agenda is that they don't want forward progress towards MLK's dream. They benefit politically from continued racial division. And Sharpton is useful in advancing that agenda. My hope is that as time goes on, more Democrats will figure that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies