Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2018, 01:08 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times

Advertisements

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2676543

https://jamanetwork.com/data/Journal...ld180012t2.png

From 2013-2014 to 2016, rate went from 35 percent to 38 percent for adult males and from 40 percent to 41 percent for adult females.

I venture to guess the obesity rates a bit higher then the sample as many of those areas with highest obesity have the most people who be least inclined to see the doctor because of lack of Medicaid expansion in those states.

The rates for adult men had stabilized but they really increased in the study over 2 years. Female rates went up less than a percent.

36 percent obesity from 20 to 39 years old
43 percent obesity from 40 to 59 years old
41 percent obesity for seniors.

It is interesting how society makes obesity chic and trendy these days. The liberals want universal healthcare which wouldn't be a bad thing if administered at the state level with federal block grants but they like the government subsidies so people can eat massive amounts of junk.

There is a huge obesity acceptance movement that celebrates morbid obesity despite the massive increase in chronic health conditions that are preventable.

I personally feel that I have been discriminated against because of my weight. I am 5'11 and 168 lbs and feel that society really is rude towards those who are thin these days, a complete reversal compared to a generation ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 01:10 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,623,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2676543

https://jamanetwork.com/data/Journal...ld180012t2.png

From 2013-2014 to 2016, rate went from 35 percent to 38 percent for adult males and from 40 percent to 41 percent for adult females.

The rates for adult men had stabilized but they really increased in the study over 2 years. Female rates went up less than a percent.

36 percent obesity from 20 to 39 years old
43 percent obesity from 40 to 59 years old
41 percent obesity for seniors.

It is interesting how society makes obesity chic and trendy these days. The liberals want universal healthcare which wouldn't be a bad thing if administered at the state level with federal block grants but they like the government subsidies so people can eat massive amounts of junk.

There is a huge obesity acceptance movement that celebrates morbid obesity despite the massive increase in chronic health conditions that are preventable.

I personally feel that I have been discriminated against because of my weight. I am 5'11 and 168 lbs and feel that society really is rude towards those who are thin these days, a complete reversal compared to a generation ago.
You just made all of that up. The only one discriminating against you is yourself.

Nobody celebrates morbid obesity.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:11 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
I don't think your weight is why society is "rude" to you.....

Old 03-28-2018, 01:17 PM

900 posts, read 375,965 times
Here in Denver people are very healthy, we hardly see morbid obese ....

Old 03-28-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I don't think your weight is why society is "rude" to you.....
I wouldn't say that society is rude to me. I think there are lots of negative comments towards those that are skinny these days by a segment that feels that is okay to make comments towards skinny people that would never be tolerated if one was obese.

I am sure if a a co-worker made a passive comment about someone being skinny it would be dismissed as opposed to if one made a comment about obesity, human resources would be swarming the scene immediately with pink slips.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:22 PM

193 posts, read 92,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
Colorado has 22% obesity rates, thats god awful but is still the best in the nation. Places like japan and singapore and asia its in the low single digits.

Something like colorado's 22% obesity rates would be insane in a place like japan with 3% obesity rates, America is the true sumo culture

Old 03-28-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
I am from Colorado and while it has the lowest percentage of obesity, it certainly has it's fair share of obese residents.

I think there is a part of Colorado that has very few morbid obesity and that is areas like Summit, Eagle and Pitkin Counties. Those three countries are what the nation should aspire to on health.

https://stateofobesity.org/obesity-by-age
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies