Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 03:29 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
That doesn't make any sense.
It doesn't make any sense to you because it doesn't fit the narrative you're trying to push. The point is that this happens in universities throughout the country. Why only concentrate on the HBCU's? Explain that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 03:42 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Seems like this happens at every blacks-only university.
Say what?

First off, it's not exclusive to "blacks-only universities" and secondly there is no such thing as a racially exclusive university.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Say what?

First off, it's not exclusive to "blacks-only universities" and secondly there is no such thing as a racially exclusive university.
Some people will not let a tragedy go to waste. I knew there would be people coming in to make racially motivated remarks.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:51 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Some people will not let a tragedy go to waste. I knew there would be people coming in to make racially motivated remarks.
The fact that this was posted in the politics forum says it all. It should’ve been placed in current events but then the troglodytes wouldn’t have seen it to speak about how “awful” Howard is.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:53 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
The fact that this was posted in the politics forum says it all. It should’ve been placed in current events but then the troglodytes wouldn’t have seen it to speak about how “awful” Howard is.
Yup.

Notice how the cockroaches have all disappeared from this thread once they were exposed.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Yup.

Notice how the cockroaches have all disappeared from this thread once they were exposed.
I also notice this. Saving face is the big goal. Said persons have been exposed for bigoted remarks. The evidence is there. However, getting said persons to admit to being racists, well, that won't happen. That requires some honesty, some courage. It's like the kid who gets caught with his/her hand in the cookie jar. The kid is caught, there is no need to ask any questions. Instead of that kid just admitting to what was done, he/or she will either refuse to talk, or will lie. Why? To save face. Being caught with the hand in the cookie jar is not as scary as admitting to doing so. In this instance, being discovered as a bigot is scary, but admitting to it, not having any excuse to lean on, that is scarier.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:05 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
There are political and controversial elements to this story as it relates to a bigger picture of theft, accountability, and access to monies by students and staff.

But Howard isn't alone. Look at all the other links posters put up for us. And race has nothing to do with it. Not sure why it was even brought up.

The article was actually pretty interesting and informative. I know folks on the Left aren't keen on FOX News but I thought it was a good read especially the parts about student outrage. The amount of money this kid stole was pretty staggering too. The other student at Wisconsin only stole $100K.

Lightweight.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I would have never thought of putting it in current events. I was hoping this would be about corruption issues. However, this turned into a racially motivated discussion. Now that said parties have been found out, some have vacated the discussion.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:11 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,634 times
Quote:
There are political and controversial elements to this story as it relates to a bigger picture of theft, accountability, and access to monies by students and staff.

But Howard isn't alone. Look at all the other links posters put up for us. And race has nothing to do with it. Not sure why it was even brought up.

The article was actually pretty interesting and informative. I know folks on the Left aren't keen on FOX News but I thought it was a good read especially the parts about student outrage. The amount of money this kid stole was pretty staggering too. The other student at Wisconsin only stole $100K.

Lightweight.
There is nothing political about this, as other posters have posted this has happened at PWIs.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:16 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:

Neither do I. It would be no surprise at all that financial fraud and embezzlement occurs at numerous colleges/universities, countrywide. Government money is too tempting as a target of theft.

Quote:

Lightweight.
The Howard students are absolutely correct in their outrage. I hope they're able to demand some positive changes in how financial aid is handled at Howard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies