Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 02:04 PM

17,603 posts, read 13,388,503 times

Advertisements

Dear Poland: Your Holocaust law fools no one. No one forgets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKk8Kh9FCAw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2018, 02:33 PM

27,668 posts, read 16,160,831 times
Time to move on for s***s sake.

Old 03-31-2018, 03:21 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,099,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Time to move on for s***s sake.
Are you in favor of the law that penalizes people for criticizing the Polish government? That is the topic. Fact remains, anti-Semitism in Europe was a huge problem, not just for Germany. Pretending this isn't the case is the sort of attitude that will bring it back. And already has; anti-Semitism is still around and seems to be getting more and more common.

I agree with this video. It's perhaps a bit sentimental, but it's true. No one forgets and a state that tries to force it's people to clearly still has a guilty conscious.

Old 03-31-2018, 03:28 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,402,282 times
For Pete's sake, blaming the Poles reeks of desired privilege to blame anyone and everyone for political purposes. That's the way that this plays. And what's the point of being able to continuously blame the descendants of anyone other than for political leverage? Is that what this comes down to? Because that is going to engender a high amount of political enmity in an age where certain groups don't need any more enemies.

Is it your aim to be enemies of the Polish people?

Are those who dislike this Polish law helping the Poles to hold accountable for the Katyn Massacre, or is that an acceptable event for the memory hole?

And agitating against the Poles in this way causes the world to sit up and wonder what we are going to do to help the world "not forget" about the Arabs kept in that open air detention camp for decades.

Old 03-31-2018, 03:44 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,598,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
anti-Semitism is still around and seems to be getting more and more common.
Interestingly, in America the Left and the Far Right are anti-Semitic. Conservatives are pro-Israel, however.

Old 03-31-2018, 03:48 PM

25,850 posts, read 16,547,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Interestingly, in America the Left and the Far Right are anti-Semitic. Conservatives are pro-Israel, however.
Anti semites are inspired by Satan.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:49 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,468,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Dear Poland: Your Holocaust law fools no one. No one forgets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKk8Kh9FCAw
I read about this.

It is shameful historical revisionism.

#Make Poland Great Again?

Old 03-31-2018, 06:25 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,230,302 times
There's no such thing as "anti-semitism" anyway. Undefinable slur against anyone that criticizes the Jews for their cultural oddities or incompatible behaviors.

Nobody is anti people just because they are Jewish religiously, really...well, maybe the Muslims. And other religious people might bristle at Jewish arrogance (The Chosen crap is pretty obnoxious behavior), but beyond that, there isn't actually any such thing as Semites that are Jewish people anyway...they are not Semitic, not the very term itself is inaccurate. Second of all it not about their genetic identity, so anything classified as anti-Semitic is really probably only about culture and behavior.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:45 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,690,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
There's no such thing as "anti-semitism" anyway. Undefinable slur against anyone that criticizes the Jews for their cultural oddities or incompatible behaviors.
---- so anything classified as anti-Semitic is really probably only about culture and behavior.
So mankind doesn't covet their neighbors success?

Fact is for much of history, especially in places like Poland, Jews had a vastly higher IQ than the general population. They also, based on laws, could not own farms, etc. so they had to learn the trades and professions.

The modern world came along and the Catholic Poles realized they were FAR behind the eight ball. When WWII came along, MANY Poles became outright murderers of Jews...mostly just for "fun" and to prove themselves to their Nazi masters. Many others wanted to steal the property and money of the successful Jews.

The Germans have accepted their place in all of this. Why should the Poles not do the same?

BTW, I live in one of the most Polish areas in the USA (W. Mass.) and a number of my neighbors are Polish. I hole absolutely no grudge against them. After all, many Poles helped the Jews and fought the Nazis.

At the same time, the country is going far right now and that includes - as always - trying to change history.

I have no problem criticizing Jews (of course, with DNA going back to King David, I am a bit jewish myself) and I am probably one of the weaker supporters of Israel among "my people".

Note that much of the "chosen people" was something OTHERS made up and believed based on their Bibles...right?

You need a bit more book learning...

"The Jewish concept of the “Chosen People” is not a badge of superiority and separation. Quite the contrary: Jewish chosenness is a humble call to action and responsibility. Jews are chosen much as one may say to a child: “The room needs cleaning, and I choose you to do the work; you are my ‘chosen’ child.” In this way, all people are chosen for something. Jews specifically have been chosen to, or have chosen to, be of service to others so that the world may be a more just place."

Old 03-31-2018, 06:49 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,690,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I listened to a talk by a top Israeli Government official and when he was asked why evangelicals support them (this is fairly new), he was very honest and said he had no idea why....

Those who knew a little more say that it is due to the Rapture being imminent and therefore the place must be ready for them. The Jews don't get to go (to heaven) unless they convert.

70% plus of Jews vote liberal, so that definitely says a lot. Also, the most fundie Jews (the "talibs" of Jews) tend more toward the GOP...and other interesting factoid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies