Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 12:16 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Citing Heller is an irrelevant deflection of the question.

Again.......what other Constitutional rights would you like to require a licence to exercise?
The LEFT wants to DICTATE always. Dictate how many, and what type of guns we can own, or not own actually, and how much ammo we can have. They try to circumvent the 2A, a natural right, with ammo taxes, waiting periods, gun bans, etc. All illegal under current law.

I shouldn't need a license to buy, nor carry a gun. It is my right as a law abiding citizen. We need to roll back these restrictions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 02:53 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
Any finished receiver (a critical part of the firearm) has to be sold through a licensed firearm dealer (who is required to run a background check.) You would have to have specialized machinery and designs to manufacture your own lower receiver (and make it actually work.)

However, you can manufacture slam guns fairly easy and there is no requirement to register them if it is only for personal use (hence the law.) Slam guns are single shot weapons. It would take confiscating all the iron plumbing in the US to prevent slam guns.
Like a cordless drill and a Dremel. https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...075494/?page=1

Old 04-05-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Right. I don't know why excessive purchases shouldn't red flag local if not federal intervention. I'm sorry, I haven't heard any damn good credible reason why someone needs 60 guns, 20 of which were bought in a 30 day window or even 1,000+ rounds of ammunition as an individual. I get Boy Scout camps but they should be licensed to do that. Joe Sixpack has no damn business buying 20 guns in a month and 1,000 rounds in a single purchase.
It's cheaper to buy ammo in bulk. There is no expiration date if you store it properly.

For one of my training classes, I had to have a minimum of 750 rifle rounds and 250 pistol rounds.

Some of us get happy when we open a cabinet door and find a 1,000 round box of ammo that we didn't remember buying.

Old 04-05-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Yes, indeed. Why was he able to purchase sufficient parts online to build an operational firearm? The sale of firearms components online needs to come to an end.
So you want to police parts of this size? I bent a roll pin during my last build and I found the exact same size at Home Depot.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:23 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
I wonder how the NRA is going to spin this. Whoever told the school authorities, cheers to you.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:07 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
It's cheaper to buy ammo in bulk. There is no expiration date if you store it properly.

For one of my training classes, I had to have a minimum of 750 rifle rounds and 250 pistol rounds.

Some of us get happy when we open a cabinet door and find a 1,000 round box of ammo that we didn't remember buying.
Or sometimes, stunned.

I was putting things in order in the vault the other week and when I saw the stack of .308, I was rather stunned.

As said, it is rather expensive to feed and like it was said of Francisco Scaramanga, "Unfortunately, he doesn't fire them that often.".

Having something like that, though, it is often on the mind to keep its pantry supplied. "I guess I better order some .308, too.".......and it just piles up. The .308 is rather the source of the 5000 round figure of what to have in each caliber.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:55 AM

10,757 posts, read 5,676,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And something is very suspicious about this. One can not buy a lower receiver for the AR or AK, or a frame for the handgun without going thru an FFL. Regardless of purchasing it in person or online. Not to mention , he isn't a US citizen. I have an AR lower on order currently. I ordered it from the company, and it is getting shipped to the closest FFL. Then, even though I have a current CPL, I still have to fill out a 4473 and they call me into the NICS background check system.

He could have purchased an 80% lower for the AR, which requires a some machine work to complete. As far as the AK and the handgun... I don't think there are legal options like that available.

Someone broke the law selling him the lowers and or frame. This is not the legal norm.
Not necessarily. He could have bought receivers from a guy in a WalMart parking lot, without the seller breaking any laws.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
It's called a ghost gun. So named because it isn't required to have a serial number, nor is the owner required to register it. It is practically untraceable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_gun
Registration of firearms isn’t required under Federal law, nor is it required under a majority of state laws.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Untwist the panties, there Chuck. It's a loophole, plain and simple, no registration, no serial numbers, no background checks, the very definition of a loophole.
A loophole is something unintended, not understood, and exploited. That clearly doesn’t isn’t the situation with “ghost guns.”

Old 04-06-2018, 03:11 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Quote:
It does. I'm not sure how much skill it takes to complete a receiver.
An 18 year old Asian exchange student skill.

Which take the majority of Americans out the equation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies