Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 06:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Hand guns account for the vast majority of people using guns in crime. The reason is they are MUCH more concealable than a rifle. The age to buy a hand gun is already 21, so that won't do much at all except to prevent people 18 - 20 to hunt.

Firearm safety courses are great, but shouldn't be mandatory as they are very expensive, and will prohibit the poor from legally owning a gun.

You must already pass a criminal background check to buy a gun.

Drug test? More $$$$, more obstacles.

Mental evaluation? Those determined to be mentally unfit are already prohibited from owning firearms.

How many guns do you own?
I own quite a few, and since i have taken the carry license course, I know it is not very expensive. I have also taken employment related drug tests, and know they are also not expensive. If you can afford to buy firearms, then you can easily afford the above. If you were going to inherit them, then the choice would be to sell them or get the license.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 06:35 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
As long as you apply these measures to ALL "rights" under the Constitution.

"- Must be 21 or older'"

No more 16 year old girls being able to get an abortion WITHOUT her parent permission or even knowledge.

Must be 21 to enlist in our military, etc>

"Pass a criminal background check" before posting on the internet.

Who knows you could be a terrorist.

" Pass a basic firearms handling & safety course" Only if you exclude those that have served in the military

"- Pass a drug test " as long as it is required for EVERYBODY who receives any type of gov't money.

And continual random testing.

"- Pass a mental evaluation" not a bad idea except they are too subjective and certain criteria has to be established.
Do you have any ideas of your own, or is it just a "NO" to everything? It would be best to pass something reasonable rather than let Dems pass something unreasonable, which they will if nothing is done.

Old 04-06-2018, 09:57 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
SHALL Issue if you pass the five criteria.
Shall issue means you have to prove WHY you want it.

Some states go by WILL issue unless something on your record indicates you shouldn't get 1.

BIG difference.

Old 04-06-2018, 09:58 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Do you have any ideas of your own, or is it just a "NO" to everything? It would be best to pass something reasonable rather than let Dems pass something unreasonable, which they will if nothing is done.
"Do you have any ideas of your own"

Maybe you should red some of my posts instead of acting stupid an making a fool of yourself.

" It would be best to pass something reasonable"

The problem is most people CANNOT agree on what is "reasonable"

As they say, "There is NO interest like SELF interest."

Some want to either get rid of the 2nd amendment altogether or modify it so it is meaningless.

IMO, MANY of the laws on the books today are in DIRECT contradiction of the 2nd Amendment.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:01 PM

10,759 posts, read 5,676,526 times
Quote:
In my state only LEGALLY able individuals are allowed to transfer long arms, (rifles and shotguns) in private transactions. ALL hand guns must go through an FFL with a background check. If you sell a long arm, or any gun to a prohibited person you are breaking the law, and can go to jail.
This is the post that I responded to:

Quote:
You must have the receiver of ANY firearm (the part that has the serial number) go through an FFL, with background check, and Federal Form 4473. So you may be able to buy some of the parts, but not the most critical one that makes it functional. He would have had to ILLEGALLY fabricate the receiver, and that will get you jail time as it is a Felony.
My reply was 100% correct, based on federal law. If you’d like to tell me your state, I’d be happy to address the state law issues.

Under federal law, it isn’t illegal to sell a gun to a prohibited person. It is illegal to sell a gun to someone that you know is a prohibited person. Big difference.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
You can't manufacture guns illegally. There are already laws against it. You have to have a specific license to do it.
No license is required to make a Title 1 firearm.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:08 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
What law prevents an Individual from making a firearm receiver?
There isn’t any law that prevents an individual from making a receiver! We know that. It’s simple to Google. I even posted a link to BATFE that says as much. And yet, people will still spout misinformation about things they know nothing about. Incredible!

So here it is again: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/does...m-personal-use

Last edited by SpencerMtn; 04-06-2018 at 03:17 PM..

Old 04-06-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
How about the FA disconnector and FA safety to make it a full auto?
Do you really think that will make an AR-15 full auto? You’re WRONG! Those are only 2 of the 6 parts needed! As for laughing about using a router to complete the 80% lower receivers, laugh on! Only showing again how much you DON’T know!
https://info.5dtactical.com/2016/08/...wer-receivers/

Old 04-06-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
You can't manufacture guns illegally. There are already laws against it. You have to have a specific license to do it.
But you can manufacture guns for yourself, legally, as long as you’re able to legally own them. For the third time, here’s the response directly from BATFE: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/does...m-personal-use

Old 04-06-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Do you really think that will make an AR-15 full auto? You’re WRONG! Those are only 2 of the 6 parts needed! As for laughing about using a router to complete the 80% lower receivers, laugh on! Only showing again how much you DON’T know!
https://info.5dtactical.com/2016/08/...wer-receivers/
You missed the history between me and the poster that I was replying to. He thought that’s what it took to make a FA. I know better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies