Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2018, 11:18 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,610,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
No mention of anything alt-right - unless vegan bodybuilder is secret code for alt-right.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/04/us/wh...ter/index.html
What I read seemed to be the antithesis to that.
A lunatic wannabe "youtube star", San Diego resident Nasim Najafi Aghdam, described herself as a "vegan bodybuilder" and "animal rights activist...."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 11:20 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,052,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
A lunatic wannabe "youtube star", San Diego resident Najafi Aghdam, described herself as a "vegan bodybuilder" and "animal rights activist...."
Gotta be careful of those vegan bodybuilder animal activist loonies. Waiting for Hogg to proclaim that PETA now has blood on its hands.

Old 04-04-2018, 11:22 AM

19,700 posts, read 12,275,135 times
Things I used to be able to do on the internet - download music from Napster, listen to the coolest internet radio stations on Live365, make money on Ebay, listen to YouTube free without ads, buy cheaper overseas meds. YouTube is just another part of the internet subject to change. Wait until we have to pay tax on all our online purchases.

Old 04-04-2018, 11:22 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,133,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
A lunatic wannabe "youtube star", San Diego resident Najafi Aghdam, described herself as a "vegan bodybuilder" and "animal rights activist...."

Mentally ill with a gun. Her family called the police. Nothing was done.

Old 04-04-2018, 11:23 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,133,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Gotta be careful of those vegan bodybuilder animal activist loonies. Waiting for Hogg to proclaim that PETA now has blood on its hands.

Great. You took the adage "What would Jesus do" and did the exact opposite.

Old 04-04-2018, 11:27 AM

39,106 posts, read 51,306,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Things I used to be able to do on the internet - download music from Napster, listen to the coolest internet radio stations on Live365, make money on Ebay, listen to YouTube free without ads, buy cheaper overseas meds. YouTube is just another part of the internet subject to change. Wait until we have to pay tax on all our online purchases.
It seems the entire internet has been hijacked to spy on us and to hit us with advertising.

Old 04-04-2018, 11:31 AM

972 posts, read 544,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I think you are wrong. There is a thing called "discrimination" and that can be for religious, and political views.
Freedom of speech isn't absolute, because it can be curtailed at the point at which it interferes with another freedom. Maybe YouTube has been underhanded and even discriminatory. They're legally responsible for that, but that responsibility doesn't rise to responsibility for what this woman did. If she believed they were acting illegally, she should have gotten a lawyer. But I don't think she was motivated by any perceived breaches of enacted law.

Last edited by Masamune; 04-04-2018 at 11:44 AM..

Old 04-04-2018, 11:32 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,068,247 times
That's it! This incident proves it. We have to ban fitness vegans from California. Take away everybody's vegetables and Pelotons. They just aren't safe.

Old 04-04-2018, 11:33 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,135,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
While she may have been a Muslim, she is clearly very secular and Americanized. She is a vegan and Animal rights activist who posted workout videos that ended up being age restricted. Which tell us she may have not been afraid to flaunt her body.
From what I read so far, the reason for the age restriction on some of her vids was because she was posting up vids of animals being skinned, cooked alive. Before I read that, I too was thinking she must have been doing something sexual in the vids. Youtube will put age restrictions on sexual content, violent content, and extreme vulgar language content. At least these are the areas I've seen age restrictions applied.

Crazy chick though to shoot up people and kill herself. Over Youtube? Wackjob for sure.

Old 04-04-2018, 11:34 AM

15,543 posts, read 10,531,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I remember when Google search returned anything and everything. Now, it returns whoever pays them the most money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies