Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 07:11 PM

78,423 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Sorry Mathguy, I've just never been that kinda man!

I've always figured, that if I'm gonna let you have it, it'll be directly into your eyeballs upon the accelerating approach...

It will always be a slam-dunk-in-your-face kinda move!

That's how my grandfather taught my father. That's how my father always taught me!
That's how crazy is best dealt with.....you clearly have a narrow minded slam dunk mindset....so um.....GIT ER DONE! YEEEEEEE HAAAAWWWWWW.

P.S. Backing away from crazy, doesn't mean you won't give it a beat down...if forced. *cough*.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 07:46 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That's how crazy is best dealt with.....you clearly have a narrow minded slam dunk mindset....so um.....GIT ER DONE! YEEEEEEE HAAAAWWWWWW.

P.S. Backing away from crazy, doesn't mean you won't give it a beat down...if forced. *cough*.
Remember this the next time:

Whenever implored to engage, just always say, "No!"....

Of course, to your crazy point...As I recall, Richard Chamberlain in SHOGUN was once instructed to back away slowly with a bowed head...Or maybe it was Tom Cruise in LAST SAMURAI.....

Old 04-04-2018, 07:52 PM

78,423 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Remember this the next time:

Whenever implored to engage, just always say, "No!"....

Of course, to your crazy point...As I recall, Richard Chamberlain in SHOGUN was once instructed to back away slowly with a bowed head...Or maybe it was Tom Cruise in Last Samurai.....
Whatever floats your boat there Alex Jones.

I mean with the RUssian Coup and all, we'll all be eating vodka by this time next year.

I'm going to refrain from further comment, my moms butter is slipping off her toast and she's of the Richard Chamberlain generation as well.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:57 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
don't the centrists control all the votes right now.True centrists -- those that will vote Republican or Democrat depending on the individual, the issues, etc.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:12 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I'd call myself center right. But I'd be okay with a moderate democrat. Maybe someone like Mark Warner of Virginia.
Moderate democrats only exist in elections...once in office they go far left, likewise there are only hard right republicans in elections, once in office they go left of center.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:26 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I hope you're right, OP.
Maybe holding your breath will help.

The fact that the left believe Trump is FAR RIGHT is the funniest thing EVER!

The OP is 15 months late. The moderate centrist is already in office, and the left are blowing their chance to actually fix all the things that are wrong.

You might not like how Trump talks, but the Progs are so preoccupied hating him that they're missing the opportunity. Why do you think Schumer and Pelosi couldn't get those freakin smiles off their faces with the new budget?

Give Trump and the right the lousy wall... it's like a millionaire spending a dollar!!! He'll give 1.8M DACA people a path to citizenship.

Have you all lost your minds not to swap for that?

Old 04-04-2018, 10:30 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The problem is that the people you identify as "Centrists" are actually Leftists, not true Moderates. A lot of true Centrists/Moderates like Trump, especially with regards to the Economy, and that is how people will vote.
That's not true at all.

An economic centrist would have chosen Clinton over trump.

Clinton was fine with lower taxes and even economic stimulus , but was not going to pull the trade war bs.

No economic centrist is voting for Trump.

Old 04-04-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Souring in what way? Please be specific.

Obama had sub 3% GDP growth over his entire eight years. He prolonged the recession.
Based on sentence structure, you don't seem to know what a recession is .

Old 04-04-2018, 10:40 PM

Centrist are not a majority or even a sizable voting block.

Either side maximizing their base would be able to completely ignore the 5-10% of people who actually are moderates.

Something like 90 million eligible voters( 40 million registered) didn't vote . The majority lean one way or another .

Old 04-04-2018, 11:01 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
If you browsed through the postings here on C-D or Reddit or any of the other active political forums, you might come away with the idea that American is entirely composed of two radical camps; the hard Right that has been positioning for decades to put someone like Donald Trump into office; and the reactionary Left that has emerged in response to the neofascist yammering of the Right.

The reality of course is that these two camps may make the most noise, they may fill forums like this one with wildly emotional rants and arguments, but the vast majority of Americans find them useless. Here's why: most Americans are practical centrists. Most Americans want to cherry pick the useful planks of the platforms of the Right and the Left and bring them together into a coherent functional USA. Most Americans are not crazed ideologues, no matter what you may read here - most simply want to go to work every day and to enable their families to be reasonably safe, prosperous and healthy.

In the upcoming elections, this is the group that will be speaking. The longer Donald Trump stays in office, the stronger the Centrist movement will become. We can see it starting now, with our youngest generation saying "enough". They are starting to put the pieces together, and their votes will be a huge overturning force in the upcoming elections. If you are a reasonably sane center-Left Democrat or center-Right Republican, then 2018 and 2020 will be your election years.

Change is coming, and it may get boring. I think we are all ready for boring.
Even though I am a registered Democrat I would be considered a centrist. My issue is that the left moved so far left, so hard left I don't have much in common with them anymore. Frankly, the only things I had in common with them was certain social and workers rights issues. Unions, Universal health care, gay marriage, a womans right to choose (i'm against abortion for me, but I won't stop a person doing what's right for them) etc. When it comes to open borders, illegal aliens, globalism Vs. Nationalism, free markets for business, deregulation, less over site on certain industries, defense spending defending of the constitution just to name a few things I lean Republican.

Many people I know feel the way I do. The same people that voted for Clinton, Gore and Obama couldn't vote for Hillary Clinton and went for Trump. Dems might get their act together for 24' but I think between now and then Republicans and independent's are going to dominate. Dems and their hard left masters worked this entire Trump situation the wrong way. Trump brutalizes them on a daily basis. Not to mention what he does to his own party. Trump is enacting real change. As I said in a letter to a columnist during 2016 in response to his article. Trump has engaged a scorched earth mentality. What people forget is that no matter how much of the forest burns it always grows back better than before. Trump is burning the forest down and he was the right guy at the right time. This country desperately needed a house cleaning. The silent majority, the "centrist" all feel the same for the most part.

THe funny thing is that Trump is true centirst. He is a liberal from NYC that is hawkish on defense. There is nothing wrong with being in the middle. You get the best of both worlds without the BS and can actually get things done in a reasonable manner without looking like a chicken running around without a head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies