Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 04:33 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The number of women running for seats in the U.S. House of Representatives set a record Thursday, the vast majority of them Democrats motivated by President Donald Trump and policies of the Republican-controlled Congress.

In addition, 40 women are running for governor, a total that already surpassed the previous record of 34 in 1994. And 29 women are on ballots for U.S. Senate races thus far, a number that will grow as filing deadlines approach in more states.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/r...ssional-office

This surge of female candidates is a direct result of having put a misogynistic sexual predator in the White House, so I guess Trump has accomplished one thing that bodes well for the future, if entirely unintentional.

Yes, a lot of women Republicans, running for the State Congress and Senate. They got motivated by Hillary's Deplorable comment and the Pussyhat March, painting Republican women badly.
The latest comment, that Republican women were forced by their men, brothers and dads, to vote for Trump has fueled a rage to show them it is not true.

Old 04-05-2018, 04:50 PM

27,567 posts, read 28,673,621 times
I don’t care about a politician’s genitalia, as long he or she supports strong U.S. border security and a crackdown on illegal immigration.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:00 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Have you examined your own Party's "values?" I'll take the Republican values over the "values" of the Democrats any day, thank you very much.

Republicans supporting Donald as the leader of "The Party of Family Values".......THE IRONY!

"Family Values" Republican style = nothing but talk.....and that's OK. LOL

Old 04-05-2018, 05:04 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
I care. Many, many women care. All things being equal, I will vote for every female democrat that I can, for local, state and national office, unless there is an overwhelming reason to vote for a male democrat. I can't see ever voting for a republican, of any gender, ever again.
Oxymoron. Pretty much not all things being equal.

By voting one way, people become exactly what they claim they'e against...

Old 04-05-2018, 05:07 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Republicans supporting Donald as the leader of "The Party of Family Values".......THE IRONY!

"Family Values" Republican style = nothing but talk.....and that's OK. LOL

I know, all one has to do is look at the success of the next generation of the family unit.

Chelsea is Rocking it! She sits around all day, sucking off the Clinton Foundation slush fund, while her hubby is a scam artist loser.
While Ivanka, Eric, and Jr. are slaving away to build their portfolios, like the ordinary people.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:15 PM

16,602 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Women care. We have been vastly underrepresented in government since forever.

You should be happy that I'm giving Trump credit where credit is due. If the GOP had elected someone who wasn't such a sleazy, misogynistic, sexual predator many of these women probably wouldn't have been motivated to run.

More leftist rhetoric disguised as a supposed compliment toward Trump. Yet is it obvious you are a koolaid drinker at the fountain of TDS, to rail on & on about "misogynistic", "sexual predator", etc.
You diminish the true definition of those words by applying them improperly.
It is like other leftists who call everyone ____ist, ____phobe, and other labels of minor little non PC conforming rubbish.

The guy might be crass and even sleazy in some peoples view, but ones wonders if you were starting threads about the one true sexual predator we know that was in the WH, and had a (D) by his name?

`

Old 04-05-2018, 05:15 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
They will do whatever their husbands and sons tell them too. We know that. Hillary told us.
Ooooh snap!

Old 04-05-2018, 05:20 PM

16,087 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
While Ivanka, Eric, and Jr. are slaving away to build their portfolios, like the ordinary people.
...at the expense of the citizens of the USA. Just thought I'd finish your point for you. There has never been a bigger bunch of lazy freeloaders as the Trump brats.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:35 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,103,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Oxymoron. Pretty much not all things being equal.

By voting one way, people become exactly what they claim they'e against...
I think you are being purposefully obtuse. We know that in this past year many more women have participated in workshops on how to run for office, and many more are running for offices up and down the ballot, both locally and nationally, than any year in the past.

This is the way I think, and pretty much every woman I know thinks the same way:

1. We will always vote for the person we feel will do the best job in office and best reflects our beliefs and priorities. (I myself voted against a woman for mayor in my town last year. The man I voted for better represents the direction I want my town to go.)

2. If we find that two candidates are equally suited and qualified (a man and a woman), we will vote for the female because women have always been and still are underrepresented. (this is what Sheepie2000 meant when she said "all things being equal".)

3. However, we will NOT vote for a woman that we disagree with or that we feel is not suited or experienced for the office just because she is a woman. It would be dumb to vote for someone who represents a point of view that we abhor.

I can make some guesses at why so many women are running, but not having done any research myself, I have no proof. My guess is that many women perceive Trump as being so antithetical to their best interests, that they have decided to step forward, to take things into their own hands. I think a tipping point has been reached; women see that their hanging back from the political process is not working. I am very glad that women are getting involved in all levels of government because that will cultivate future candidates who are experienced and seasoned. I imagine that not all of these women will be successful, but out of this year's "crop" will come the leaders of the future. I believe that there is some sexism in this country: the belief that a woman can't do as well JUST BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN. I don't think you can talk anyone out of that. Women just have to go ahead despite that to bring about the country that they want. The challenge to men, I believe, is this: can you vote for the best candidate, regardless of sex?

Old 04-05-2018, 05:44 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I think you are being purposefully obtuse. We know that in this past year many more women have participated in workshops on how to run for office, and many more are running for offices up and down the ballot, both locally and nationally, than any year in the past.

This is the way I think, and pretty much every woman I know thinks the same way:

1. We will always vote for the person we feel will do the best job in office and best reflects our beliefs and priorities. (I myself voted against a woman for mayor in my town last year. The man I voted for better represents the direction I want my town to go.)

2. If we find that two candidates are equally suited and qualified (a man and a woman), we will vote for the female because women have always been and still are underrepresented. (this is what Sheepie2000 meant when she said "all things being equal".)

3. However, we will NOT vote for a woman that we disagree with or that we feel is not suited or experienced for the office just because she is a woman. It would be dumb to vote for someone who represents a point of view that we abhor.

I can make some guesses at why so many women are running, but not having done any research myself, I have no proof. My guess is that many women perceive Trump as being so antithetical to their best interests, that they have decided to step forward, to take things into their own hands. I think a tipping point has been reached; women see that their hanging back from the political process is not working. I am very glad that women are getting involved in all levels of government because that will cultivate future candidates who are experienced and seasoned. I imagine that not all of these women will be successful, but out of this year's "crop" will come the leaders of the future. I believe that there is some sexism in this country: the belief that a woman can't do as well JUST BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN. I don't think you can talk anyone out of that. Women just have to go ahead despite that to bring about the country that they want. The challenge to men, I believe, is this: can you vote for the best candidate, regardless of sex?
Excellent post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies