Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 01:40 PM

2,985 posts, read 1,750,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoBankerGirl View Post
I think he's talking about the homeowner getting imprisoned, unless I'm reading it wrong.
Yes, that poster is one of those who values a sorry lowlife criminal over law abiding, tax paying Americans . There are several of those who frequent this message board.

Old 04-06-2018, 01:41 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
I like it when criminals are killed because it saves taxpayers money in court and prison costs. I wish all of them would commit suicide for the same reason. Keep a cyanide capsule in a glass case in every prison cell, labeled "Break glass in an emergency."

Old 04-06-2018, 01:46 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,947 times
Some conceptions were mistakes, so when bad boys are killed it's akin to righting Nature's wrong.

Old 04-06-2018, 01:46 PM

24,498 posts, read 17,239,538 times
I think it is terrible that a gun owner in his own home is forced to make a life and death decision to shoot someone that has invaded their home and is looking to hurt them or worse.

The innocent homeowner has to make a terrible decision to protect himself and loved ones from bad guys that made the conscious decision to make trouble.
In a situation like this the homeowner will be dragged through the criminal process despite being the good guy not to mention that he will think about those young men he killed for the rest of his life.

Right or wrong it is still terrible to kill someone whether they asked for it or not.

Old 04-06-2018, 01:47 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Nothing puts me in a better mood than hearing stories of homeowners shooting and killing home invaders. I recently heard a story of an Oklahoma man who shot and killed 3 young guys who invaded his home with brass knuckles. Just knowing the home invaders are dead puts me in a state of euphoria. The grandpa of one of the dead boys was complaining it wasn't fair. Maybe he and the rest of his family should have taught that boy the difference between right and wrong and that it's totally unacceptable to invade someones home. When the homeowner kills young men it makes me especially happy because they had many more years of crime ahead of them. Plus they won't get to have children and pass on their criminal DNA to the next generation.
When a home invader who would kill someone to commit a crime is killed it is something to be happy about, because that person will never take a innocent persons life. But what about a home invader that would never kill another human being, does that home invader deserve to die?

And when people are kids and teenagers they do stupid things, like trespassing, doing dares and vandalism. Do non-violent 18 year old home invaders who are basically just being rebellious teenagers deserve to die?

And the purpose of a typical home invasion is to steal things. Have you, your friends or closest family members ever stolen something or trespassed on private property, and did they deserve to die for it?

Old 04-06-2018, 01:50 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
It is not the job of society to raise kids. It is the parent's job. When the parents fail at their job sometimes there are consequences.
Please. It takes a village. Parents are just one of many many inputs. Even BAD parents can raise law abiding kids if those kids have other good examples.

When it takes 2 parents working for most families to survive, we cut into the ability for parents to raise kids. Its far more about the society around them, then the parents when both parents are working.

Other fun fact? Its about the environment as well. Watch Flint Michigan crime rate. Removing lead from gasoline dropped our crime rate immensely-almost by half! Flints is going to go nuts.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Lead-crime_hypothesis

There is a lot of factors. Blaming parents is a easy answer-and often wrong.

Old 04-06-2018, 01:51 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
I certainly agree with the right to kill an intruder in your home.

However, I do not find joy in it, nor have any emotion save perhaps for being glad the homeowner is safe.

As for those that take pleasure in such, there is a psychological term for it: Schadenfreude.

It is a cousin to 'sadism'.

Old 04-06-2018, 01:53 PM

1,225 posts, read 606,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I certainly agree with the right to kill an intruder in your home.

However, I do not find joy in it, nor have any emotion save perhaps for being glad the homeowner is safe.

As for those that take pleasure in such, there is a psychological term for it: Schadenfreude.

It is a cousin to 'sadism'.
Agreed

Old 04-06-2018, 01:54 PM

596 posts, read 889,976 times
My law enforcement friends told me, "If you have to shoot an intruder, make sure you kill him. If you leave him alive, it's his word against yours. If he's dead, you are the only witness."

Old 04-06-2018, 01:55 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
cool fact. They cut your hands and feet off for stealing in the middle east.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies