Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 11:37 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Simple solution: One person, one vote. If the cities are so bad, people won't move there. And it wouldn't matter where people live, if their vote counted equally.

That said, I think you people would lose bigly. The idea that rural votes should have a higher weight than urban votes is many things. None of those "things" are American.

The current rule of the day is the electoral college, I don't dispute that. I do advocate for a change, it would eliminate a lot of gerrymandering and other curruption, and it would shut intelligent people on both sides up, with their whining about what is fair. 1 person, one vote.
One person, one vote would be a great change to our system. And, yes, I understand why we have the EC - I don't need some unnecessary history lesson from a random person on the Internet. The EC system, in its current implementation, is incredibly flawed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
No...YOU don't get to RE-DEFINE the definition of conservative to fit your left-wing abortion, gay-marriage, globalist open-borders agenda.

How about that?

Just so you know: "republicans" and conservatives are entirely different creatures.
The word's definition is certainly debatable.

But the point still stands.

Old 04-12-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Like the fact that California largely went "supermajority" because of illegal immigration and anchor babies. Most states don't have such a concern. Moreover, the start of the brain drain in California has begun in silicon valley, due to the fact that its a ****ty place to live for anyone but immigrants who are brought in to undercut the labor market and militant (physically violent) liberal militias who physically suppress dissent. Yes, fighting for the worker and against the billionaires indeed. The entire article is filled with this type of delusional propaganda that liberals soothe themselves with. As such, its really not worth deconstructing. It sounds scared and desperate more than anything.
Complete nonsense. CA went the way it went because the majority of the people here have voted D for many years (decades). It has little to do with immigration or "anchor babies".

I know no illegal immigrants - and I only know a handful of (consistent) Republican voters in my entire social circle.

And there isn't a brain drain happening in Silicon Valley...people may be leaving due to the COL (which I don't fault them for)...but it is hardly a drain. This region still attracts some of the smartest people in the world.

Old 04-12-2018, 11:44 AM

11,788 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Take those no-teeth meth freaks from their double wide (or the better off from their MacMansion) used to 95 degree weather and put them up in New England and you'll have a bunch of things that look like comedic ice sculptures.

Don't forget who won the Revolution (largely Mid-Atlantic and New England) and the Civil War (all those Urban draftees).

But it won't happen unless they can haul their big screens with Faux news on their backs and have Hannity taking up the rear cheering them on.

No doubt they win.....in terms of hours yelling at the TV,
You continue to be disrespectful and stereotype everyone. Not all northerners could survive the heat in Alabama - that's why they fly south in the Winter and return north in the Spring. Most southerners have homes - remember Gone with The Wind - not double wides and I can provide you with many folks I know here in NY with double wides. Some are beautiful and certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

Many Northerners also owned slaves and also had indentured slaves from Ireland - so despite the fact the North won - the North was not without it's own faults.

As a Dem - I'll continue to watch Faux News and One America and make my own opinions - I'm sick of the whining on the liberal networks - that you obviously watch. I ASSUME - most who watch those networks - never learned to think for themselves - they need people to tell them what they should think.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:06 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
One person, one vote would be a great change to our system. And, yes, I understand why we have the EC - I don't need some unnecessary history lesson from a random person on the Internet. The EC system, in its current implementation, is incredibly flawed.
I'd settle for one vote per household.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
CA went the way it went because the majority of the people here have voted D for many years (decades). .
Is that why California leads the nation in poverty?

Old 04-12-2018, 12:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Pubs? Bill Kristol, Bret Stephens, Ana Navaro, Jeff Flake, John McCain Lindsey Graham "pubs"?

None of those above-listed cretins is any more conservative than the most left-wing of radicals.

The blood thirsty warmongers that have went on their new crusade this last week for Syria is perfect evidence for that. Strange how "republicans" and democrats align so quickly, when it serves their masters global agenda, isn't it?
Every time you guys attain power and find yourselves feckless and maladroit in using it, you start lashing out at all of your rank and file members as “liberals†instead of the lifelong conservative Republicans that they are. Those people aren’t liberals...they’re incompetent.

Old 04-12-2018, 01:33 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Ever watch Big Bang Theory? The nerds always prevail (after initially getting their asses kicked and their heads "swirlied".)

Brains>Braun in the long run.
Brawn, not Braun.

Braun is a company that makes shavers, and other consumer products.

Old 04-12-2018, 01:55 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
The voting base absolutely gets to define who they consider to be ideologically legitimate and not.
They get to decide who to vote for. Or against. They don't define the candidates' ideology.

Quote:
Do you get to define who meets your standards as a progressive?
Nope.

I get to choose the ones I vote for. Or against. The candidates define themselves.

Quote:
Rhetorical question. I don't really see you as a competent debater, and so you can hold your response if its easier for you. Though, you can also try to marshal a response. No matter.
You're upset.

No need to be.

Please try to maintain.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:12 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
that says there is no "bipartisan" way forward:

Jack Dorsey Shares Controversial Article | The Daily Caller
There is no bipartisan way forward.

There's only one correct way, and Conservative policies are the best answer.

The view held by many is that the near Future will be ruled by automation, resulting in the loss of Millions of jobs, and the Liberal solution to this is open borders, allowing uneducated manual laborers to flood into the US.

That's painfully stupid, and worse than that, it's just one of many policy areas where Liberals are just plain wrong.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:36 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Every time you guys attain power and find yourselves feckless and maladroit in using it, you start lashing out at all of your rank and file members as “liberals” instead of the lifelong conservative Republicans that they are. Those people aren’t liberals...they’re incompetent.

You don't know what a true conservative is - Bill Kristol is not and never has been a true conservative. True conservatives like the Founders never intended for this country to "police" the world.

Moreover, if Bret Stephens' new "we need to ban the 2nd amendment and open our borders to all illegals" is a conservative stance, put whatever you're smoking away for the day, with all due respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
There is no bipartisan way forward.

There's only one correct way, and Conservative policies are the best answer.

The view held by many is that the near Future will be ruled by automation, resulting in the loss of Millions of jobs, and the Liberal solution to this is open borders, allowing uneducated manual laborers to flood into the US.

That's painfully stupid, and worse than that, it's just one of many policy areas where Liberals are just plain wrong.
It's treasonous and every one of them should be tried, and then thrown in prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies