Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2018, 06:05 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,744,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Did you recall Iran-contra and Reagan, not a word from the president.
Not until he addressed the nation on National TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R67CH-qhXJs

Old 04-09-2018, 06:07 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,743,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
It's common sense.
I can assure you this is not common sense.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:08 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,744,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
I can assure you this is not common sense.
Not from the Trump Resistance. Their perceived victory at any cost is tearing the country apart.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:08 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,117,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
How would you know that? They do what enemies do.
They conduct themselves as enemies. They spy on the American people. They violate their rights.

Those who act as enemies....are enemies.

I say those that don't want to be executed need to resign. I haven't seen any evidence that any of them are law abiding Americans who uphold their oaths of office.
I know that because conspiracies, real conspiracies like on the scale you're suggesting, just don't work. People are flawed, they make too many mistakes. Besides, it's the most convoluted explanation to this situation, when the simplest one usually is the right one.
I'm not arguing that everything the FBI engages in is correct or right, but that hardly makes them traitors. And it certainly doesn't make them traitors for merely investigating Trump and his associates, or following where the evidence leads.

You act like more of an enemy to America, honestly, with your suggestion that people within the FBI be murdered because you don't like the scope of an investigation. That's pure banana republic stuff and completely contrary to our system of justice.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:10 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,173,785 times
Quote:
No blinders here buddy boy. What I see is a liberal anti-Trump effort cheered on by the likes of people like you and ElliottCA to subvert a sitting POTUS that has not been proven guilty in anything simply because you don't like him. It's nonsense. The fact that people are ok with how this investigation continues to trample civil liberties is astounding to me.
You liked watching a dumbed-down reality TV show and believed it was real. All the while New Yorkers always knew what a douche Trump is, was and always will be. He rips people off, he throws people under the bus to save own his big butt, he lies habitually, he respects no one and only thinks of himself and his profits. Trump is a sociopath and does not have the intellect, integrity, patriotism or any of the qualities that it takes to be a leader in a democratic society that should be striving for progress for all its citizens. He'll throw a few bones to his clueless base but they were suckered by a grifter and his crime family and they very likely will never have the gonads to admit it.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:11 PM

26,581 posts, read 14,497,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It strikes me that a warrant and raid over Stormy Daniels (even with campaign funds payoff) would be a bit over the top, suggesting that this is about something far more serious.
concur.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:13 PM

2,954 posts, read 2,352,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
How can it be a liberal effort when almost everyone involved is a Republican? You really need to take a step back and think what you're saying because it literally makes no rational sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yard Bird View Post
Trump appointed these people. LOL
I know it's freaking crazy how idiotic people can be when it's their guy under the light

Old 04-09-2018, 06:13 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,553,629 times
I never thought the FBI would sink to the level of being publicity hounds. Entirely bogus. A subpoena would have sufficed. Purely for the effect and the news slot. They are now no different than the local cops who pull a raid like this periodically just to show they are doing their job.
Federal
Bogus
Idiocracy.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:14 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,038,164 times
Quote:
How so? There is no evidence that Trump did anything wrong A week ago Muller told Trump he is not the focus of a criminal investigation. What is happening today is complete BS. Now all the people that Trump appointed have to go out of their way to look impartial and any attempt to quash a seemingly meaningless investigation into what could amount to be a minor FEC violation has to be drawn out like a major criminal element is at play and the courts will have to sort it out. Common sense has left the building guys and gals. It started when Obama, Holder, and Lynch politicized the FBI by allowing Clinton allies to fill top positions and hold them like they were royalty and subsequently abuse them day after day. The more Trump tries to root them out the harder they fight back and try to pull at the tiniest thread in the hopes of unraveling his presidency.
Where's your proof? We know very little right now. As has been debunked, just because you're not a focus, doesn't mean you're not being investigated.

Quote:
I said it earlier in this thread and I will say it again. If anyone here is of with the FBI seizing privileged communications between an attorney and their client no matter who it might be you may as well become a communist. Because that is where we are heading. The FBI will now hide behind the "we don't comment on ongoing investigations" mantra. In this case, they need to lay all their cards on the table and let the American people know what they are investigating, what evidence they have etc.. Muller needs to do this too. Enough is enough. If Trump, Cohen, Gates, Manarfort, Flynn and the rest of them are truly guilty of something then put it all out there and get clear the deck. and let's begin the process of fixing the what's wrong with this country on both sides of the Aisle. But, if there is nothing of substance there that amounts to minor infractions or misdemeanor crimes that are merely punishable by fines and censure get on with it and lets' move forward. If there is really nothing there at all then perhaps the investigators need to be investigated for their own corruption because this has gotten ridiculous. Unless Trump is guilty of high treason and after what Muller said last week about Trump not being the focus of a criminal investigation there is no reason for any of this to continue.
Not in the least. Depending on the circumstances, lawyer - client privilege only goes so far, at which point it no longer protects you.

Quote:
Don't you think it's time we see who has what on who? It's already been proven that the FBI used fabricated information to obtain a FISA warrant. I wouldn't put anything past these guys to try and do it again. It's time for the American people to see the evidence laid out before them and let them judge for themselves.
An investigator doesn't release information to the public during the investigation that can compromise the investigation in any manner.

You'll wait until the court cases go to trial, which is the standard way of doing things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I could be wrong, but I don't think Nixon was ever convicted of any crime as far as Watergate was concerned. I know he was granted a pardon by his successor shortly after leaving office, but that was a pardon for any crimes he "might" have committed. Also, Nixon was not impeached for his possible involvement in Watergate either. He resigned from his post as President of the United States. However, more than likely he would have been impeached if the proceedings had been allowed to go forward had he not resigned.
He wasn't. Was apart of his deal to step down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
What are the odds that Rosenstein makes it through the week after this?
What are the odds that the Attorney for the Southern District has a job in two weeks?
Will Sessions last?

I wonder if McConnell and Ryan are huddling about what to do if Trump tries to fire any of these DoJ people?
Preparing for when the **** hits the fan.

Quote:
It's common sense.
No it's not. You know next to nothing about the investigation, just like everyone else.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:14 PM

37,313 posts, read 60,009,828 times
Quote:
No blinders here buddy boy. What I see is a liberal anti-Trump effort cheered on by the likes of people like you and ElliottCA to subvert a sitting POTUS that has not been proven guilty in anything simply because you don't like him. It's nonsense. The fact that people are ok with how this investigation continues to trample civil liberties is astounding to me.
Just to shine some light on your paranoia
The Assistant AG for the Southern District who likely signed off on this warrant is named Berman--
Mr Berman is former partner in law firm of Rudy Guilianni who is BIG friend of Trump--he thought he was in line for AG of the US before he kind of shot himself in the foot
Berman was nominated by Trump
There is NO way this guy is a Democrat
And Trump just makes himself look incredibly partisan and stupid to suggest it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies